What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Just back frm Class  (Read 38877 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Just back frm Class
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2007, 11:08:01 am »
If you buy that then there is some land in east Texas I want to sell you.

So do we.  Approximately 200 acres w/ .5 mile of riverfront.  Second highest point in Gregg County.  Land is suitable to build a 40 acre pond.  $600K is asking price.

Terminator

« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 11:13:59 am by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2007, 11:08:01 am »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2007, 12:16:07 pm »
I was told that of the brands tested people hands down liked the Epic the best and the HotSpring second....I'm not sure what model that was though.

Interesting comment from the national sales trainer, he said that new sales people walked away with confidence that their product held up to anyone.

What a great move for Marquis to make...You lose a deal now and then to someone saying they liked the competition better and no matter what they say it has to make some salespeople wonder what their up against.

Further more it was pretty ballsy if you think about it, their top dealers and salespeople from all over the country trying these out. What if they liked the competition better? Hands down when they questioned everyone in depth they didn't seem to have one that liked a spa better than Marquis but the potential was certainly there. The one comment I getting from many people that were there is that some of the spas preformed nothing like they looked.

When I started with Marquis I had over 10 years of selling, servicing and owning several brands and was in awe of the difference in massage compared to what I was used to.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2007, 01:24:31 pm »
Little known fact - no special reason for brining this up here -

The 'Jetstream' jet can run close to 80 gpm. There are two of them side by side in the foot well of the HP model HotSpring tubs. We call it the "FootWell System."

I have to turn it down, it is too intense for my tender little feet - but my wife loves it at full blast.

http://www.hotspring.com/Hot_Tub_Jets/pop_footwell.html

Most of our models put it on one side of a two-way diverter valve because they are too potent for casual relaxation use. You want them when you want them, but not every day. On some of our smaller model tubs, there is a single Jetstream jet, controlled by a four way diverter valve.

Just some info. Free.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2007, 01:29:06 pm »
Chas and to others I should have clarified something and that is that Yes there are spas that offer higher GMP in some foot areas but not for back or targeted leg therapy.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2007, 01:32:32 pm »
So do we.  Approximately 200 acres w/ .5 mile of riverfront.  Second highest point in Gregg County.  Land is suitable to build a 40 acre pond.  $600K is asking price.Terminator

That's nothing. I would sell my house for more than that in a second - comps in the area are supporting that - but it has:

No stream
Not the highest part of town
Close to everything - no trip charge for any warranty work
Small pond forms in the back during a storm
Four bedrooms
Living room
New kitchen cabinets
Insulation in the attic only
A HotSpring Grandee in the backyard
A tiny lot (low upkeep)
New replacement vinyl windows - single pane
Foam insulated roll-up garage door
Home theatre room
Very high electric rates
Basic tract home

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2007, 01:34:58 pm »
Do ya'll remember which HotSpring model was being tested?

Terminator

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2007, 01:59:53 pm »
Term,

I think it was the Vanguard.

One thing about looking at competitive product, Many many industries do this. When I was in the automotive industry it was common to have 3 to 4 ride and drives a year, where you drove your product as well as others. The very best I ever went on was with Mercedes as they really gave you an extended drive where we drove up to our local mountains and back about a 180 mile round trip drive and switched cars as we went at the end of the day the BMW was picked as the best of the group even though we sold Mercedes (3 series vs. C series). And in the testing of cars that I thought would score very well based on my perception of what I thought they would be, some did not preform when compared at all. I think the spa training was much like that one tub particularly looked like a monster and performed like a lamb. I thought it was a great tool to learn from.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 02:22:17 pm by Mendocino101 »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2007, 02:05:28 pm »
Term,

Cool!  What was your second favorite spa of the bunch?  What did you like about it?  What did you like best about your favorite spa (assuming it was the Epic)?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I'm inquisitive by nature. :)

Term

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2007, 02:20:32 pm »
Term,

for me every tub had strengths and weaknesses. One thing I should clarify we had 6 Marquis to try so it was not just the Epic that we compared to the others. A lot of Marquis people like the Destiny or the Reward best. I love the therapy pillar thats on the Epic, for me theres not a body area that you cannot get to.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2007, 02:44:37 pm »
 Which Jacuzzi was it?      I am not done here with this discussion yet,I am going to call Jacuzzi tech on Tuesday and get the scoop on just how many gallons per minute the PowerPro MX jets put out and the pumps as well.   If you had a Jacuzzi at your training you know which ones I am talking about.   You can direct 100% to 1 seat or the other  in the Jacuzzi with pump 1 running.

http://cdabilliards.com/spas/features/jets/

I was told the Power pros  put out 150 gpms but you have me questioning now.

I know Artesian spas also have alot of power in the gold class spas and I will call them also.

Once again I am not slamming your spa's I am just questioning your fact.

FWIW all of the training I have been through also is about product we sell not someone elses but I do keep up on the competition.

Hell I just took a sale from the HS dealer this morning.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2007, 03:01:39 pm »
Which Jacuzzi was it?      I am not done here with this discussion yet,I am going to call Jacuzzi tech on Tuesday and get the scoop on just how many gallons per minute the PowerPro MX jets put out and the pumps as well.   If you had a Jacuzzi at your training you know which ones I am talking about.   You can direct 100% to 1 seat or the other  in the Jacuzzi with pump 1 running.

http://cdabilliards.com/spas/features/jets/

I was told the Power pros  put out 150 gpms but you have me questioning now.

I know Artesian spas also have alot of power in the gold class spas and I will call them also.

Once again I am not slamming your spa's I am just questioning your fact.

FWIW all of the training I have been through also is about product we sell not someone elses but I do keep up on the competition.

Jim how many jets are there in the one seat you can dirvert to ?

I hope we don't get some crazy rating about pumps and gpm as most would concede that it would be almost impossible to claim anything above 200 and when truly rated most high performing are going to be in the 160 to 180 gpm range.

This is an interesting thing about the training and having your competition there to do some side by side compassions. Maybe just maybe Marquis is taking a cue from the 300 billion dollar a year plus auto industry to learn that being able to touch, feel and try your competition is a good thing rather than just assuming you would take the time or have the opportunity to do so on your own. Also this was free and open for you to make your own collusions as you were free to move from any tub of your choice and it was not at lead by anyone at Marquis basically you just had the chance to shop the tubs at your leisure.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2007, 03:06:42 pm »
Interesting comparing an Epic to a Vanguard.  The Vanguard intentionally uses smaller pumps for energy effiency.

If they wanted to compare more power, maybe they should have tried a Vista or Grandee.

Maybe they couldn't afford one. ;D :D ;)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2007, 03:19:16 pm »

I'm up about 600 to 1 over Jacuzzi in my area. :)

Terminator

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2007, 03:22:04 pm »
101, did they also compare electrical consumption between the different brands? I'm guessing the brands tested were in the same range.

Term,

One thing about looking at competitive product, Many many industries do this. When I was in the automotive industry it was common to have 3 to 4 ride and drives a year, where you drove your product as well as others. The very best I ever went on was with Mercedes as they really gave you an extended drive where we drove up to our local mountains and back about a 180 mile round trip drive and switched cars as we went at the end of the day the BMW was picked as the best of the group even though we sold Mercedes (3 series vs. C series). And in the testing of cars that I thought would score very well based on my perception of what I thought they would be, some did not preform when compared at all. I think the spa training was much like that one tub particularly looked like a monster and performed like a lamb. I thought it was a great tool to learn from.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2007, 03:24:40 pm »
Interesting comparing an Epic to a Vanguard.  The Vanguard intentionally uses smaller pumps for energy effiency.

If they wanted to compare more power, maybe they should have tried a Vista or Grandee.

Maybe they couldn't afford one. ;D :D ;)
hummm that would be very interesting particularly if it were true. But if you read the thread than maybe you caught the part of not comparing the Epic to the others but having the chance to compare 6 Marquis.

So is there a big difference in the feel of the double moto massage from whats in the Vanguard than say the Vista ?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2007, 03:24:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42