What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hostility  (Read 17157 times)

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
Re: hostility
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2007, 05:47:08 pm »

I'm not a fan of horror films especially that particular type (having one character forced into contemptible acts in an effort to save their own particular interest) simply for the "entertainment" of the antagonist.  
Seems to me that having to saw off one's own foot would also have turned off a guy like Why Not.

I agree, it's just too much for some people. Having to see and hear some of the things that I have, it really doesn't bother me. It's actually quite entertaining......afterall it is just a movie.
Btw, I think you're talkin' about the SAW trilogy and yes I like those movies as well. :)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 05:49:37 pm by WHY_NOT »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2007, 05:47:08 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2007, 07:42:01 pm »

Besides, I can't wait to finally show pics to ya'll when I do get my tub. And just to show I'm sincere, I promise to wear a SPEEDO for one of the pics I post. :-[
If that doesn't scare people away, nothing will.
Skellman

Sounds like many of us might have to leave this forum is that happens....The next thing you know Term will get jealous and post a picture of himself in his Batman Speedos.

I don't want to be around when that happens... ;) ;D 8-)

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2007, 08:53:14 pm »

;DMLG,

I hope you have a strong stomach or, you've had a few Shiner Bocks before perusing the pic.
I'll take my chances.............. ;)

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2007, 09:35:58 pm »
I haven't been around this site very long. Lately, have rarely posted. Just lurked around to see if someone needs water chemistry help or help starting some old hotspring spa.
I see this site as a pretty tight group of folks brought together by hot water. It's one of the few fraternities I would ever care to be associated with. (No offense you college frat ladies and gents).
I haven't posted because many of you are seasoned hot tubbers who've been well educated by a proffessional or have saught out the info on your own. Chas beats me to any hotspring problem and most of the hot tub USERS here accurately diagnos water care problems.
I get a big kick, as many other here too, of Term's abilities with photoshop and the story lines and quick whit he lays down. It is a fun place.

Good for you to be suspicuous of some of these unscrupulous silver-tongued salespeople.

If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm a spa store owner. Well, that's a lie. It's now two stores.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2007, 10:52:40 pm »
I  couldnt agree more, I was told by a certain salesman that I was trying to be a wise guy when I asked a question about a pic he posted.

IF you are referring to when I replied somewhat indignantly to this "question" you posed:
Wow Tex,  those pics of old HS, it seems that there are some issues, not only with alot of mechanical problems that I have been reading on the forum lately, but with there construction also. Its nice to see the pics, not only does HS sell alot of spas , but they do build some junk also.

....it's because you forgot to put the correct punctuation (?) anywhere in the statement and I was confused by your intentions, which evidently were purely innocent in their entirety.  Please forgive my oversight.

Oh, I forgot, you're gone. :(

I agree anne, some folks on here have got their dander up fluffingly as of late and I pledge to do my part to help keep the peace amongst the hooligans.

Termy
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 10:57:02 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2007, 11:07:15 pm »
I pledge to do my part to help keep the peace amongst the hooligans.
Termy

Does a person have to be armed to accomplish that?

Just a question...

Really.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2007, 11:25:12 pm »
Does a person have to be armed to accomplish that?

As they say...an armed society is a polite society.  Since this forum is a virtual society, I remain virtually armed for the betterment of the defenseless.

Seems as though you and I have remained in the good graces of the Mob due to our good deeds and helpful nature.  We should continue to offer a similiance of concern whilst spreading our propaganda.  They'll never know what we're really up to if we play it straight.  Hee hee harr!

Delete this PM as soon as you read it.  I'd hate to lose their confidence now after we have jumped through so many hoops cultivating their favor.

Chris O
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 11:25:28 pm by East_TX_Spa »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2007, 11:30:59 pm »
Gotcha covered bro

;D ;D ;D

8-)

anne

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2007, 01:49:40 am »
Some joke about coming unarmed to a battle of the wits comes to mind......
Dance like nobody's watching

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2007, 09:16:28 am »
Yes, but that would be hostile

8-)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2007, 09:25:08 am »
Some joke about coming unarmed to a battle of the wits comes to mind......

The preceeding post seems somewhat hostile in nature.

Physician, heal thyself.

Terminator

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2007, 09:36:43 am »

I have been as subject as anyone here to Arctic's bad sales techniques, but I'm going to give any newbie here a little room to get to know us all. Ya'll have gotten so cynical and jaded that it is sad. I'm one of the most cynical people I know, and I'm still dismayed. This group can be like a pack of dogs sometimes, going for the one that is down. Sure, you need to be thick skinned to stay on any forum, but that does not mean that the SAME group of people should regularly feel ostracized. We should have equality in criticism.  

It's been my experience that it's give and take. Hostile? Not at all.  This forum is rated PG   tame when compared to other internet message boards.  Personaly, I like it when there is passionate discussion. If it gets out of hand, I fully expect people to speak up and say so, but I do not think this forum is like a pack of dogs. I respectfully disagree with you Anne. In fact, I think  as much as you see a pack of dogs mentality, I see victums crying that they don't get equal treatment. I think they do.

I think the key differences is the dealers who can laugh at themselve and not play the drama queen with the discussion gets heated tend to fare better.  
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 09:38:02 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2007, 08:08:17 am »
People who are that sensitive and take a little crap that personally should really consider getting a life.  
 If a spa forum gets their undies in a bundle that easily, then you gotta wonder how they react to things that really matter- like actual human to human interaction.
Although it's kinda fun watching their hissy fits.
  They usually end in some overly dramatic departues scene, where the "victim" declares that they are taking their dolly and going home, and never coming back.
Big Whoop.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 08:09:09 am by Brewman »
Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2007, 08:13:41 am »

This forum is rated PG   

Yea, now that I have Cooltoy and Why Not in check  :D
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

anne

« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2007, 08:44:45 pm »
People who are that sensitive and take a little crap that personally should really consider getting a life.  
 If a spa forum gets their undies in a bundle that easily, then you gotta wonder how they react to things that really matter- like actual human to human interaction.
Although it's kinda fun watching their hissy fits.
  They usually end in some overly dramatic departues scene, where the "victim" declares that they are taking their dolly and going home, and never coming back.
Big Whoop.

Its not a matter of sensitivity. It is a matter of treating people well. The internet provides a veil to hide behind, and it seems that this allows some people use that to treat others poorly. What about this forum is NOT "actual human to human interaction"? I was pretty sure we were all human here, but I'm starting to doubt that.
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2007, 08:44:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42