What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: NorthWoodsDipper finally has photos!  (Read 15829 times)

galen

• Maxxus
Re: NorthWoodsDipper finally has photos!
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2007, 07:03:53 pm »
I'll have to say, you did well. Nice personal touches. Being you did most all the work, you made it affordable. If you were to hire it out with lights and engraving would put it out of reach for most.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2007, 07:03:53 pm »

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2007, 11:15:53 pm »
Okay, as the forums one of two known true Nodakonians I must take exception to Northwoods confusing ND and SD.  I will only allow this if we can trade Fargo ND for Rapid City SD.  This of course includes the beautiful Black Hills.  
Northwoods, nice setup.  I would like to know more about laser engraving though.
Really, I love the steel and wood.  Great job!

NorthWoodsDipper

• Not Brrrrr..... but Aaaaa!
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2007, 11:32:13 pm »
Okay, as the forums one of two known true Nodakonians I must take exception to Northwoods confusing ND and SD.  I will only allow this if we can trade Fargo ND for Rapid City SD.  This of course includes the beautiful Black Hills.  
Northwoods, nice setup.  I would like to know more about laser engraving though.
Really, I love the steel and wood.  Great job!

Okay, Okay! :-[  You got me!  I promise NOT to post after 16 hours of straight work!  I know you Nodakonians get your feelings hurt when we confuse the two states.  Really, it was only because of lack of sleep, lack of coffee. and typing too fast.  Reese beat me up about my geography skills, or lack there of as well!

To answer your question, I sell my products on two websites that I created and update.  I engrave on wood and granite.  Mostly I make little garden memorials for pets and people in granite, including their photo.  I am going to make a dedication memorial for the deck to remember my recently departed Godson.  It is a fun second job/hobby which pays for toys (such as the hot tub), but truthfully I get a bigger kick out of using my Laser for home projects and charitable events.  I hope this isn't breaking any rules about advertising on this forum, as that is NOT my intent.

Here are some photos of two pantries I built from scratch for my kitchen.  I also laserd the photo on one of the granite tops.  It is a photo of my girls after their bath from about 10 years ago.

Steven-

« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 12:07:04 am by NorthWoodsDipper »

macejh

• 2005 Gulf Coast Rotunda
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2007, 11:37:56 pm »

Indeed, there is a Wabasha.  I do believe they filmed a restaurant scene there at Slippery's.  It's a nice little restaurant right on the Mississippi.  They have a few docks there for boaters who want to stop in for lunch.  Great food--Great prices.  Wabasha also has fabulous Bald Eagle Center, down from Slippery's, on the river.  They have a great educational program and they have 3 eagles there that cannot be released due to their injuries.  We were there for feeding time--very cool.  

The ride up/down HWY 61 from Hastings to LaCrosse is absolutely beautiful.

Try hwy 35 on the Wisconsin side. I feel its quite a bit prettier.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2007, 04:24:59 am »
NWD,

I'm lovin' your work. :)

Got any more pics?

NorthWoodsDipper

« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2007, 06:52:58 am »
NWD,

I'm lovin' your work. :)

Got any more pics?

I built this last year.  

But it has no fancy engraving :-[

Also, "WHY NOT", since you are a tile guy, you might appreciate this granite floor into my studio.
I am trying to figure out how I can incorporate some granite engraving on my spa deck.  Perhaps a granite bar top with some sort of outdoor scene?

« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 12:00:42 pm by NorthWoodsDipper »

Webini

« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2007, 01:22:11 pm »
NorthWoodsDipper, you have a PM

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2007, 03:03:09 pm »
Nwd,

I might be giving you a call when I build my next house for some engraving on my stone floors. If that's something you'd be interested in. :D

Keep up the good work. :)

NorthWoodsDipper

« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2007, 06:57:48 pm »
Nwd,

I might be giving you a call when I build my next house for some engraving on my stone floors. If that's something you'd be interested in. :D

Keep up the good work. :)

Yes, I love money! ;D

rubiconruby

• id rather be happy then right
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2007, 10:59:49 am »
The metal railings are great. Did you make them? How are they attached?

NorthWoodsDipper

« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2007, 01:18:54 pm »
The metal railings are great. Did you make them? How are they attached?

Actually, I THOUGHT about making them and sending them out to be powder coated.  But I found these from Home Depot (special order).  The bad part is the are AMAZINGLY expensive for what they are.  But since I did all the work myself, I could afford to splurg on materials.  They are screwed on from the back side.  I believe my photo of a side shot of my steps down to the lawn should show that.  I have not seen anyone else use these.  I have seen another manufactures product called "Deckorators".  However, they were not as nice and were wider.  I like the narrow width of mine as it hardly abstructs the view.

On a side note, I am swamped at work right now (came into work on the Lord"s day right now actually!), but in a month or so I am going to start work on the 2 cedar planters which will go between the spa steps and pergola columns.  I have a 3D image of a sprig of Oak leaves and acorns that I am going to machine on the face of the planter with our Komo CNC router.  I'll post a photo when I finish, because a lot of people have never seen a 3D carving come off a CNC machine before.

Steven-
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 01:27:37 pm by NorthWoodsDipper »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2007, 01:18:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42