What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: NorthWoodsDipper finally has photos!  (Read 15831 times)

NorthWoodsDipper

• Not Brrrrr..... but Aaaaa!
Re: NorthWoodsDipper finally has photos!
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2007, 09:06:12 pm »
re: Also, that leaves room in them to mount a switch.  
The low voltage lighting I am using turns on/off with a timer,
but will also run through that switch so I can turn it off for
"stealth mode".  You could certainly do the same for your lighting. 

Hey thanks.....I think I will try to add an on/off switch.

I could hide the switch on my fence because my tub backs
up to my fence with only about 6 inches in-between.

I could place the switch about a foot below my tub rim
on the fence and no one could see it.

Would the control box for the malibu lights need to be right there
or can you just add a switch in the lines any where?

I guess if you can add it in the line...turning it off and on would
not affect the timer?

Zep, the switch would need to be AFTER the timer, but BEFORE the first light in the series.

The more I think about it, the more I think I am going to try to use the button on my Arctic control panel that would turn on the 3rd pump if I had one.

Steven-
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 09:09:42 pm by NorthWoodsDipper »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2007, 09:06:12 pm »

macejh

• 2005 Gulf Coast Rotunda
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2007, 11:28:39 pm »
I am definetly not an electrician and think your setup is wonderful.  However, I feel I should warn you that it I believe it is against NEC code to have low voltage or standard 110 wiring (switch outlets or even low voltage lamps) within I think 10 feet of the hot tub, unless the circuit if GFI protected.

I'm really jealous of everyones setup here.  I just put my nice looking tub on my grungy old deck.  Nothing special AT ALL.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2007, 12:19:11 am »
NorthWoods, very nice setup. Are you saying you have a Laser Engraver? What model do you own?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2007, 07:16:07 am »
re:"should warn you that it I believe it is against NEC code to have low voltage or standard 110 wiring (switch outlets or even low voltage lamps) within I think 10 feet of the hot tub, unless the circuit if GFI protected".

Thanks for the warning.......I have recently "over-dosed" on GFI outlets....adding them like crazy inside and outside my house because I had a co-worker shocked to death last year while working outside at his Mom's house. My Malibu landscape lights are GFI protected.

Speaking of GFI.....a friend of mine told me that it's pretty smart to buy a GFI Tester and test all your GFI outlets because sometimes you think your "protected" and your really not because of a faulty GFI or incorrect wiring of the GFI.

http://www.electronix.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?ELECTRONIX_CATALOG_SESSID=f1eb5792059b69ed5f1532392417c5fe&keywords=gfi+tester

NorthWoodsDipper

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2007, 09:32:16 am »
I am definetly not an electrician and think your setup is wonderful.  However, I feel I should warn you that it I believe it is against NEC code to have low voltage or standard 110 wiring (switch outlets or even low voltage lamps) within I think 10 feet of the hot tub, unless the circuit if GFI protected.

I'm really jealous of everyones setup here.  I just put my nice looking tub on my grungy old deck.  Nothing special AT ALL.

Thanks for mentioning that here.  We need to keep everyone safe!  My circuit is GFI protected.  What some people forget however is that not EVERY outlet needs a GFI device, only the FIRST outlet in the circuit.  At least that is the code here in MN.  Does that make sense?

Steven-
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 09:33:26 am by NorthWoodsDipper »

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2007, 09:46:15 am »
re: here in MN

Where in "Mini-Soda" are you?

When I was married I used to come up from Texas
to Lake City, MN and also Lake Charles, MN to visit
in-laws. Thats some nice peaceful country.

anne

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2007, 05:05:53 pm »
That is gorgeous! Love the deck, the engraving, the surroundings.......so nicely done!

Looks like you have lights on the steps at the tub, which is great too. Can you move those steps easily to get to the panels of the tub if needed?
Dance like nobody's watching

NorthWoodsDipper

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2007, 06:54:27 pm »
That is gorgeous!  Can you move those steps easily to get to the panels of the tub if needed?

As Homer would say... Duuh!   I never thought of that!

Haa haa, just kidding.  Yes, if you look closely you will see the miter line right at the post (it looks like the post sits on the steps, but actually it goes through to the deck surface.  I built the steps as a left and right unit.  When you pull them away, the Pergola post remains.  Actually, the step without the engraving is the only one that would need to be pulled away as it covers the main access panel.

By the way, I really like your setup also Anne!

Steven-

anne

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2007, 11:49:07 pm »
Very clever, and hardly noticable! Having grown up with woodworkers, it is so nice to see quality projects like yours. I love the detail.

And thanks for the compliment. Mine was a smaller project, by far, but I'm just not that handy. Should have paid more attention when I was a kid!
Dance like nobody's watching

NorthWoodsDipper

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2007, 12:46:22 pm »
NorthWoods, very nice setup. Are you saying you have a Laser Engraver? What model do you own?

Yes, I am a laser engraver, but only as a small home business.  I also have a real job.  My home business is to engrave on wood and granite.  I sell through 2 websites that I built.

Oh, and my laser is a Universal brand.  I REALLY like using it on my projects around my home.  I built two kitchen pantrys last winter, and made granite tops for them.  On the short pantry top I engraved a photo in the granite of my daughters when they were 4 and 5.  That turned out pretty cool.

Steven-
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 01:04:30 pm by NorthWoodsDipper »

NorthWoodsDipper

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2007, 01:46:22 pm »
re: here in MN

Where in "Mini-Soda" are you?

When I was married I used to come up from Texas
to Lake City, MN and also Lake Charles, MN to visit
in-laws. Thats some nice peaceful country.

St. Cloud MN.  It is about 1.5 hours Northwest of Minnapolis.  Or in movie terms, it is: Northwest of the movie "Fargo", but South East of the movie "Grumpy Old Men".  ;D

Steven-

NorthWoodsDipper

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2007, 01:49:18 pm »

Yes, I am a laser engraver, but only as a small home business.  I also have a real job.  My home business is to engrave on wood and granite.  I sell through 2 websites that I built.

Oh, and my laser is a Universal brand.  I REALLY like using it on my projects around my home.  I built two kitchen pantrys last winter, and made granite tops for them.  On the short pantry top I engraved a photo in the granite of my daughters when they were 4 and 5.  That turned out pretty cool.

Steven-

Gomboman, are YOU a laser engraver?  If so, have you done any work on your hot tub area you would like to share with everyone?

Steven-
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 01:50:27 pm by NorthWoodsDipper »

Reese

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2007, 02:24:42 pm »
St. Cloud MN.  It is about 1.5 hours Northwest of Minnapolis.  Or in movie terms, it is: Northwest of the movie "Fargo", but South East of the movie "Grumpy Old Men".
Got your directions reversed. ;) :)

NorthWoodsDipper

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2007, 02:55:41 pm »
Got your directions reversed. ;) :)

Haa Haa, don't give me a geography lesson!   ;D  But to prove my point, "Fargo" takes place mostly in Minneapolis MN, not Fargo SD.  The holigans were from "Fargo", hence the movie title.  So I meant that St. Cloud is NorthWest from Minneapolis.

Either way, the winters are colder than hell here, so my Arctic is a great way to burn through that long season.

Steven
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 02:56:21 pm by NorthWoodsDipper »

Reese

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2007, 03:10:21 pm »
Haa Haa, don't give me a geography lesson!   ;D  But to prove my point, "Fargo" takes place mostly in Minneapolis MN, not Fargo [glow]SD[/glow].  The holigans were from "Fargo", hence the movie title.  So I meant that St. Cloud is NorthWest from Minneapolis.
Nice spin, but don't dig your hole deeper. ;) ;D  Fargo, [glow]SD[/glow]? :o  Now, how do you explain away the Grumpy Old Men reference?  :-?:)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 03:10:57 pm by Reese »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2007, 03:10:21 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42