What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pic of the day Sept 11, 07.  (Read 14000 times)

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
Pic of the day Sept 11, 07.
« on: September 11, 2007, 10:58:35 am »

Hot Tub Forum

Pic of the day Sept 11, 07.
« on: September 11, 2007, 10:58:35 am »

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
Re: Pic of the day Sept 11, 07.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 01:03:54 pm »
Anyone know what brand/model hottub that is?  In my search, I hadn't seen any with jets firing down onto the shoulders.  Looks like a fantastic idea!

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 01:11:17 pm »
Master Spas.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 01:15:37 pm by cooltoy2000 »

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 01:42:53 pm »
Master Spas.

To quote Emily Latella from SNL:  "Never mind"
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

dax

• '07 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 01:55:43 pm »

To quote Emily Latella from SNL:  "Never mind"

Is Master Spas like Thermo Spas?  I searched the web for them, and saw that their dealer search page asks for your address so then can send you a catalog and DVD.  Not that I'm interested in buying another spa given that my Sundance Cameo is only 2.5 months old.  I just thought that the reverse neck/shoulder jets looked interesting.  After all, the woman in the picture looks to be enjoying herself.  ::)

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 03:13:34 pm »

Is Master Spas like Thermo Spas?  I searched the web for them, and saw that their dealer search page asks for your address so then can send you a catalog and DVD.  Not that I'm interested in buying another spa given that my Sundance Cameo is only 2.5 months old.  I just thought that the reverse neck/shoulder jets looked interesting.  After all, the woman in the picture looks to be enjoying herself.  ::)

I have a friend who bought their super-duper TV/Stereo model a few years ago and has had a lot of problems with it ever since.  Warranty service was spotty at best.  But I think the real problem with Master is that the company puts on these traveling "road shows" which are deceptive to the consumers and not very popular with their established local dealers.  Term calls them the "Lil Tyke" shows.  From what I understand, they advertise it like a home show "with many dealers present" but when you show up, its just Master Spas and their subsiduary tub companies there.  

The sales force hired for the show are very high pressure and apparently promise the world, but once the road show is over, they are gone.  So you bought a tub with no local dealer to service it.  Term and other dealers have actually had victims, I mean customers, come into their stores and tell them that the Master Spa guy said their store would provide warranty service for their tubs.  

Since these stunts are apparently condoned and encouraged by the manufacturer, it makes for a lot of bad publicity and bad service after the sale.  Back in the day, I also understand they partcipated in a promotional program which promised a refund of 70 or 80 percent of your (inflated) purchase price if you jumped through some hoops down the road.  Problem was that the requirements were sometimes impossible to comply with and the underwriting company eventually went out of business and/or was barred from doing business by several States' Attorneys General.  Sounds like someone should write a book, huh?

So, as I understand it, while the tub may not be all that bad, the company itself leaves a lot to be desired.
If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 04:00:43 pm »
Anyone know what brand/model hottub that is?  In my search, I hadn't seen any with jets firing down onto the shoulders.  Looks like a fantastic idea!

See Rich's outline of the sleazy tactics used by Master Spa.  But the neck jet idea is VERY good and is done BETTER by Bullfrog with their neckblaster pack.  http://www.bullfrogspas.com/pages/jetpak-neckblaster.asp
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 04:04:39 pm by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 04:05:05 pm »
Gotcha by a minute (or two)!
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 07:10:26 am »

See Rich's outline of the sleazy tactics used by Master Spa.  But the neck jet idea is VERY good and is done BETTER by Bullfrog with their neckblaster pack.  http://www.bullfrogspas.com/pages/jetpak-neckblaster.asp

These are one of the better features of my Dynasty.  The great cure for tension headaches.

Another entry for picture of the day

« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 07:12:49 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

rubiconruby

• id rather be happy then right
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 08:49:03 am »
My reflections spa has them.

SpaGuy911

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 10:43:49 pm »
you'd be better off peeing on yourself in the bath tub then buying a master

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 10:43:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42