What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Outdoor Clock?  (Read 19365 times)

txwillie

Re: Outdoor Clock?
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2007, 05:17:10 pm »
I knew it was a mistake to go messin' with the Terminator.

txwillie

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2007, 05:17:10 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2007, 05:17:52 pm »
Unless it's a fixed window. Then it's a very thin, very poorly insulated, wall.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 05:18:10 pm by lets »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2007, 05:30:50 pm »
I knew it was a mistake to go messin' with the Terminator.

txwillie

Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

txwillie

« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2007, 05:39:09 pm »
From Websters:

Terminator - An individual possessing a PC, unlimited digital photographic material, and way too much time on his hands.

txwillie
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 05:42:51 pm by txwillie »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2007, 05:42:00 pm »
Reminder the topic is Outdoor clocks.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2007, 05:43:17 pm »
From Websters:

Terminator - An individual posessing a PC, unlimited digital photographic material, and way too much time on his hands and not getting any lovin, so it makes him ornery.

txwillie

« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 05:46:36 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

txwillie

« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2007, 05:45:02 pm »
wrong, wrong wrong. I say that's just plain wrong. Just realized the fallacy in that quote thing. I'm glad that it only makes you ornery
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 05:48:07 pm by txwillie »

Reese

« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2007, 06:29:54 pm »
... If a TP tub didn't drawn off the pumps, it wouldn't work as well... I mean it would be a significant difference for the cold weather winter tub owner.  Significant enough that Artic couldn't complete with Watkins.  The [glow]$30 a day[/glow] to heat mantra of the better insualted tubs would  not apply to it.
$30 a day :o  Just kidding, I assume you mean "month". ;)  Out of respect for your diligence in trying to educate me ;), one more time...

I do not disagree that thermopane makes use of the waste heat to warm the air, and the pipes, in the "dead air" space.  I do disagree with your statement that the pumps are run for the purpose of generating heat, which would make heat the product.  IMO, they are run for other purposes (circulation, filtering), and the heat is a byproduct.  TP's selling point is that they make use of that byproduct, along with potentially easier leak repairs.  FF's is that they do not need to recycle that byproduct to achieve similar operating costs, and that by supporting the pipes/fittings, leaks are less likely.  IMO, since operating costs are similar, the main theoretical differences are the leak incidence/repair issue, and the benefit of having the pumps in a cooler operating environment (FF), vs protecting sensitive components in the event of a cold weather power loss (TP).  Buyers can decide which is more important to them, and if that overrides other features/comfort.

If we agree that in good examples of each, operating and repair costs are likely to be similar... what do we disagree about, other than product vs. byproduct, which was my objection in the first place? :-?

My apologies Northwoods, and Mr. Moderator, but I didn't want to leave my friend, Drewstar hanging all weekend without one more chance to 'splain it to me.  For the record, the antique looking clock that Northwoods found on amazon looks like a thermopane design that would make use of waste heat to keep the mechanism warm in cold weather.  My IKEA clock is a FF that has its mechanism exposed to the cold.  Heat loss does not seem to affect it, other than perhaps shorter battery life. ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2007, 06:29:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42