What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Good Price for Marquis Epic?  (Read 20345 times)

Reese

Re: Good Price for Marquis Epic?
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2007, 12:53:31 pm »
What I was getting at, is it better or just as good as?
This is what happens when there is no good ozone or insulation debates >:( going on.  When there are only a few posts a day outside of the "Sparanos" thread, each one gets scrutinized more than usual (see Northwoods geography lesson 8-)).  I'm guessing Mendo was coming from the same belief in his product as Markee, but trying to soften the statements, and acknowledge there are others in the industry that are Marquis' equal, so as not to attract the "Universal Disinformation" warning.  I wouldn't read too much into his choice of words, but I also don't see any reason not to play around with them. :D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2007, 12:53:31 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2007, 01:05:17 pm »
What's this about Ozone?

Are your trying to tell me that N2 is on par with Ozone? Are you insane? Are you drunk again?  ;) ;D

I hear ya.  I'm willing to get an education in Marquis warrenty and how it compares to other industry leaders.

07 Caldera Geneva

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2007, 01:49:47 pm »
Wow I did not know that some would have a hard time understanding the intent of what I said but spa tech seems to be clear about it.
 Marquis spas have an outstanding warranty that is on par with ANY other outstanding warranty in the spa industry.

But I regress that I was wrong to say that because the real fact is they simply have the best warranty in the industry when looked at in total, top to bottom. They cover many items longer than most others they cover items not covered at all by many others they have no exclusions other than the filter cartridge and it is transferable. I used the cabinet warranty as an example. Without mentioning any by name but just to say that some of the biggest names in the industry have a cabinet warranty that is good only at time of delivery to be free of defects after that you are on your own, many big names love to tout they have a no fault heater warranty great but on a Marquis its no fault across the board. Trying to be a gentleman and respectful of others here on this board seems to be waste of time of late.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 10:09:03 pm by Mendocino101 »

Reese

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2007, 02:02:28 pm »
...Are you drunk again?...
If I was sober, I would have realized that Opie was another of your aliases, and I wouldn't find myself in the uncomfortable situation of siding with Dr. Ozone. ;) :)  However, the "Rhetorical Box" applies in this situation, since in order for me to be "drunk, again", I would have to have been sober at some point.  You are incorrect, sir! 8-)  

Reese

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2007, 02:04:57 pm »
Wow I did not know that some would have a hard time understanding the intent of what I said... Trying to be a gentleman and respectful of others here on this board seems to be waste of time of late.
It is always better to stick to what you are good at. ;) :)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2007, 02:09:10 pm »
If I was sober, I would have realized that Opie was another of your aliases, and I wouldn't find myself in the uncomfortable situation of siding with Dr.  

1) Who are you referring to when you say Dr. Ozone?

2) Is he from Marvel or DC?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2007, 02:17:39 pm »

1) Who are you referring to when you say Dr. Ozone?

2) Is he from Marvel or DC?
That would be me.  :)

Reese and I have jabbed eachother on certain things, but we are cool. I fully expect my posts to him were taken in the good nature ribbing it was ment.   If not I appologize.  But I don't see why others would comment that they were not respectuful? If someone is confused,  I wish they'd just ask for clairification.  But then again, I asked for clairifaction and it didn't help me.

Same goes with Spa tech. He and I get along great, and when jab eachother (such as his complete and utter iinability to understand or even begin to grasp, even  in the most fundemental sense,  the meaning of the word "Par",)  it's still  all good.  ;)

Oh well.  I like the Doc Ozone name.  Maybe Term can work it into his Spa Wars cartoon?  ;)

« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 02:21:08 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2007, 02:27:55 pm »

Same goes with Spa tech. He and I get along great, and when jab eachother (such as his complete and utter iinability to understand or even begin to grasp, even  in the most fundemental sense,  the meaning of the word "Par",)  it's still  all good.  ;)

I am the king of logic. You are the king of hot air.  8-)
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Reese

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2007, 02:44:24 pm »
1) Who are you referring to when you say Dr. Ozone? 2) Is he from Marvel or DC?
Dr. Ozone is neither Marvel or DC, rather WTB.  He lurks in the shadows of the forum.  The only way to draw him out is to make a negative statement about ozone, or express interest in N2.  I have faced off with him in PMland and negotiated a truce which allows each of us to poke fun at the other as long as it is accompanied by a :).

I would agree with your logic/hot air analogy, other than I think "Clown Prince" may be a more appropriate title for you both. ;) :)  BTW, your ability to interpret the language "Mendo" is impressive, even if it wasn't enough to break the rhetorical box.  I'm not sure how that affects your "logic" street cred. ;):)

p.s.  Drewstar, no worries! 8-)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 02:47:00 pm by Reese »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2007, 04:01:18 pm »
Lets get back to the Marquis warranty..because I firmly believe the reason that Marquis can offer such an on par, solid, as good as most warranty is because of the fiberglass backing on the spa shell... :o

Support your dealer so they can support you!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2007, 04:21:50 pm »
Lets get back to the Marquis warranty..because I firmly believe the reason that Marquis can offer such an on par, solid, as good as most warranty is because of the fiberglass backing on the spa shell... :o

IS the shell warrenty on par?

07 Caldera Geneva

Reese

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2007, 04:44:27 pm »
...is because of the fiberglass backing on the spa shell...
;D ;D  Good one! :)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2007, 05:47:17 pm »
A-par-ently it is ..I knew you would appreciate that Reese!  ;D

Reese

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2007, 06:26:05 pm »
A-par-ently it is ..I knew you would appreciate that Reese!  ;D
I did!:)  I guess I became an insider when I wasn't looking. ;)

To avoid more confusion for TUO: Boni and I were in a few contentious threads awhile back.  In one of them, we discussed whether a layperson could make an judgement about which construction type or component was superior and decide with tub is truly best, or if they were better off selecting the tub which best fit their needs/subjective factors from any reputable manufacturer.  I was my usual meek, unopinionated self -- but somehow managed to create a controversy, and offend some folks.  Just as with Drewstar/Dr. Ozone, Boni and I came to an understanding, and now can tease each other without reservation.:)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2007, 08:37:59 pm »
No one has said a word, I think they are jealous, Reese!  ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2007, 08:37:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42