What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: For the newbie- FYI  (Read 3042 times)

Jack_L

For the newbie- FYI
« on: February 07, 2007, 07:16:27 pm »
Just thought I'd pass on something to the new spa owners out there.  When you start seeing those little pebbles on the bottom of the spa and you can't get them out you should consider one of these things.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSAA:US:11&Item=300028049391#ebayphotohosting

I bought one of these a few months back and it is just too cool.  VERY EASY TO USE, and not too expensive.   I have nothing to do with this auction, but its the person I bought my spa-vac from.  There may be others that are just as good, or better but this one works great for me.  Just wanted to pass on the information.  

Hot Tub Forum

For the newbie- FYI
« on: February 07, 2007, 07:16:27 pm »

PotomacG

• What's so funny 'bout peace, love & understanding?
Re: For the newbie- FYI
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 08:12:50 pm »
Heck no!

Not when you have a Shop Vac handy.....

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 08:35:46 pm »
Heck no!

Well...it's a great product for those of us who prefer to have water in a spa after cleaning it....  ;)

Steve

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 09:08:42 pm »
Yes, I love my Spa Vac. I got one from a super nice dealer on this site. It's definitely worth the cash....
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 04:01:53 am »
Heck no!

I thought you had a Spa Vac....

kervis

• runnergirl
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 08:46:53 am »
I have this one and love it also.  The kids always fight over who gets to use it!

I use a turkey baster in my filter compartment.  ;D
2005 HS Vanguard

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 09:04:47 am »
I have a spa wand and am very happy with it.

There are a couple of different style of "vacs";  the spa wand like Jack mentioned and the grit grabber,(a-la the  turkey baster  style) come to mind.   The differences are; the hand held suctions one require you to be in the tub to get down and close to the grit - which at times is great, and other times a pain. (Sometimes you don't want to be in the tub to clean it)

The spa wand works well, but is better suited if you are standing outside the tub. It's too big to really bring in the tub with you.  So it's good when you want to clean up the spa without getting into it.

I prefered the spa wand, as it can do double duty, and help me spot clean the swimming pool.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 11:18:40 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Spiderman

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 12:44:14 pm »

I use a turkey baster in my filter compartment.  ;D

How does the turkey turn out??  I never thought about cooking a turkey in there.............  ::)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 12:44:48 pm by Spiderman »
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 12:52:19 pm »

How does the turkey turn out??  I never thought about cooking a turkey in there.............  ::)

I recommend increasing the temperature to 350 and depending on the size of the bird, 6-8 hours should be fine. Just wring it out and your ready to go. I tried stuffing once but not again...  :P

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 12:56:40 pm »
For newcomers, here are what the more popular spa vacs look like. The SPa wands are long and create a siphon by pulling out the long handle and the Grit Getters (the small bulb styles) work by squeezing like a turkey baster.

07 Caldera Geneva

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 12:58:00 pm »

I recommend increasing the temperature to 350 and depending on the size of the bird, 6-8 hours should be fine. Just wring it out and your ready to go. I tried stuffing once but not again...  :P

Fill the spa with hot penut oil first.  ;)

07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 12:58:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42