What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Soaking in Minus 28 Celcius  (Read 4137 times)

Styx555

Soaking in Minus 28 Celcius
« on: January 31, 2007, 03:58:34 pm »
Felt great getting in, not so good getting out. Last night, with the wind, it hit minus 28 and I braved it to take a soak. Water was set to 103 however the difference between my body temp and my head team (even while wearing a winter hat) was too much to bear.

Hot Tub Forum

Soaking in Minus 28 Celcius
« on: January 31, 2007, 03:58:34 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Soaking in Minus 28 Celcius
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 04:24:03 pm »
Felt great getting in, not so good getting out. Last night, with the wind, it hit minus 28 and I braved it to take a soak. Water was set to 103 however the difference between my body temp and my head team (even while wearing a winter hat) was too much to bear.

-28 Celcius???? That's -18 farihenit for us Americans.    :o

Holly Molly!  
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 04:24:34 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Styx555

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 07:26:57 pm »
That's a typical winter day in Ontario, Canada. Today it's back up to -15 Celcius, and it feels like Spring!

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 07:33:42 pm »
That's a typical winter day in Ontario, Canada. Today it's back up to -15 Celcius, and it feels like Spring!

I guess you don't see too many women in shorts or open toed shoes.  ;):(

mader

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 08:40:22 pm »

was it that your head was just too freezing to enjoy yourself, or was it the heat difference?  just curious...

Styx555

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 09:02:06 am »
it was that my head was just too cold to enjoy. Unless you wear a full ski mask covering your face, the wind really bites. Plus, as soon as you get out of the tub, the cold takes over your body. My towel, which got some water sprinkled on it while I was in the tub, had already frozen and drying off with a frozen towel is not fun.

Regarding seeing girls in shorts and open toed shoes, not at this time of year. However have you ever seen a girl in a full parka, ski mask, gloves and boots? Very sexy!  ;-)

Spiderman

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 09:34:25 am »

-28 Celcius???? That's -18 farihenit for us Americans.    :o

Holly Molly!  

Thank you for the conversion (assuming it's correct  ;D).  Can you convert Kilometers as well??   ::)    I hate the metric system.  Is anyone other than us, that's U.S., not using the metric system??

-18F is definitely cold.  We're looking at a high of 1F for this coming sunday.  It will be interesting getting in/out, especially if there is any wind at all.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

anne

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 02:40:49 am »

Can you convert Kilometers as well??   ::)    I hate the metric system.  Is anyone other than us, that's U.S., not using the metric system??

I have to convert to Kg every day, because of our archaic, illogical system. I cant wait till the U.S. goes metric!!!!!! It is the rest of the world that has already figured it out!

Dance like nobody's watching

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 07:27:33 am »
There are hundreds of web sites with metric conversion calculators, just google.
Brewman

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 10:00:32 am »

Thank you for the conversion (assuming it's correct  ;D).  Can you convert Kilometers as well??   ::)    I hate the metric system.  Is anyone other than us, that's U.S., not using the metric system??

-18F is definitely cold.  We're looking at a high of 1F for this coming sunday.  It will be interesting getting in/out, especially if there is any wind at all.

Google "Metric converstions".  There's a ton convertor tools  out there.   :)

I forget what life was like before Google.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 10:01:27 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 11:05:55 pm »
 :)I forget what life was like before Google.  ;)
So Google "life before Google."

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

In Canada eh

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 08:58:31 am »

I have to convert to Kg every day, because of our archaic, illogical system. I cant wait till the U.S. goes metric!!!!!! It is the rest of the world that has already figured it out!

I live in the most confusing area of North America :-? In the Windsor ON area we get mostly American media from Detroit so our weather forecasts are in fahrenheit while the rest of Canada gets theirs in celcius.  It makes it very confusing to talk to people from other areas of the country.

At 41 years of age I was in high school when Canada officially converted to the metric system so I was taught imperial measurements as a youngster not metric.  It is a lot easier for the generation behind me that grew up with the metric system.  I worked for years in the tool and die/tool and mold industry which has not converted to metric,  all metric measurements are converted to imperial in the design stage and the shop floor remains in inches.  

Anne you are right it is just the US that has not changed and the metric system is easier to use as all units of measure are divisible by 10

Spiderman for what its worth

50 kilometers (K) equals 30 miles
80 K equals 50 miles
100 K equals 60 miles
Bullfrog 451

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2007, 09:05:19 am »
Soaked at 11F last night, the coldest night of the year, but it looks like we are headed into negative territory along with the centreal part of the country the next few days.  (Real minus, not that girly Canadian minus)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

In Canada eh

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2007, 09:19:35 am »
 (Real minus, not that girly Canadian minus)

;D >:( ;D >:( ;D
Bullfrog 451

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2007, 01:16:03 pm »
At 41 years of age I was in high school when Canada officially converted to the metric system

Wow. Down here we are usually done with High School by 17 or 18. How old were you when you started High Shcool?
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2007, 01:16:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42