Brand Specific Forums > Hot Spring Spas

Need to vent about my spa

(1/1)

Markus:
We own a 2005 Hot Springs (Vanguard) Spa.

I'm the kind of guy that will pay extra for a quality product and I really enjoy maintaining everything I own. I've been very disappointed with the reliability/quality of this brand new spa. It was purchased new on October of 2005. These are the defective parts replaced so far...2 control panels (in the tub), 1 front control panel, 1 main control circuit board. This spa was turning on and off all by itself for who-knows how long. Also the side panels are increasingly getting warped at the corners (yet to be replaced), so much so that a mouse could crawl inside, and the filter door doesn't go downward unless I manually force it. Good thing there's a 5-year warranty. We love it and use it daily but dislike how disappointing it has been in terms of quality.  

hottubdan:
Bummer.  :-[  Hopefully all will be resolved shortly and you get years of use.

Gomboman:
Seems like your dealer is taking care of you at least. I have an Envoy of the same year and haven't had any major problems. I hope all the bugs have been worked out. Keep us posted.

69ghia:

--- Quote ---We own a 2005 Hot Springs (Vanguard) Spa.

I'm the kind of guy that will pay extra for a quality product and I really enjoy maintaining everything I own. I've been very disappointed with the reliability/quality of this brand new spa. It was purchased new on October of 2005. These are the defective parts replaced so far...2 control panels (in the tub), 1 front control panel, 1 main control circuit board. This spa was turning on and off all by itself for who-knows how long. Also the side panels are increasingly getting warped at the corners (yet to be replaced), so much so that a mouse could crawl inside, and the filter door doesn't go downward unless I manually force it. Good thing there's a 5-year warranty. We love it and use it daily but dislike how disappointing it has been in terms of quality.  

--- End quote ---
When I spoke to my local Hot Spring dealer, he had told me that they had past problems with the control panel, because they were using fiber optics that would turn on or off the tub if a plane flew by or any interference. I was still debating on Vanguard or the Jacuzzi J470. From this post, the scale is tipping towards the Jacuzzi.
Do you have pictures of your tub?

geekd:

--- Quote ---When I spoke to my local Hot Spring dealer, he had told me that they had past problems with the control panel, because they were using fiber optics that would turn on or off the tub if a plane flew by or any interference. I was still debating on Vanguard or the Jacuzzi J470. From this post, the scale is tipping towards the Jacuzzi.
Do you have pictures of your tub?
--- End quote ---

I think you dealer was messing with you.  Fiber optics cannot get interference from a plane flying by.  It's light going through a closed fiber.  One of the great strengths of fiber optics is it's immunity to interference:

"Another advantage of optical fibers is their dielectric nature. Since optical fiber has no metallic components, it can be installed in areas with electromagnetic interference (EMI), including radio frequency interference (RFI). Areas with high EMI include utility lines, power-carrying lines, and railroad tracks. All-dielectric cables are also ideal for areas of high lightning-strike incidence."

(from http://www.corningcablesystems.com/web/college/fibertutorial.nsf/introfro?OpenForm )

As far as this thread goes, I'm on my 3rd in-tub control panel, and I just bought my tub in August 2006.  HS definitely has a problem there.

-geekd

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version