What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need a little help from the HS folks around here..  (Read 6173 times)

03fxdwg

Need a little help from the HS folks around here..
« on: December 31, 2006, 01:19:00 pm »
Have been lurking for a bit now, and have a couple of questions!

I have a 99 Sovereign that I am looking to trade up. Would like a bigger one with more of the "fancy effects!" waterfall, lights and radio and such. My question, is one place that I am shopping is offering me 1200.00 for my 99, what I need to know is, does that seem like a fair deal?

A little about the hot tub, no major issues with the spa, had to replace the heater last year, shell and base are in excellent shape. All jets and diffusers work great. The pillow is gone, and the cover needs replaced (original cover is very water logged and heavy.) Pumps still purr about as quiet as they did when new.

We are looking at the top of the line Jacuzzi hot tub, and just want to make sure we are getting the best deal.

Thanks for any info you EXPERTS can provide!  :)

p.s. Happy New Year to all!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 01:19:54 pm by 03fxdwg »

Hot Tub Forum

Need a little help from the HS folks around here..
« on: December 31, 2006, 01:19:00 pm »

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
Re: Need a little help from the HS folks around he
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 02:35:59 pm »
That is a good offer( from a dealer) for a 99 Sovereign, though if you restained the cabinet and everything else is in good shape you probably could get more by selling it privately.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 02:39:21 pm »
That is a great price for a trade in.

Just make sure they haven't jacked up the price of the spa to cover the cost of the trade in.

Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

03fxdwg

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 05:37:49 pm »
OK thanks guys. According to the company I am working with, they dont deal in the used tub at all, as a matter of fact when signing the deal, the amount they are giving me for my current hot tub comes from the guy that sets up my new one (he is the one that came out and looked at my hot tub then told the guy at the dealer what he would pay me for it.) I guess he is a sub-contractor. He buys my old tub from me, and just pays the dealer. (sounds kind of fishy to me, but hey what do I know...)

The new model we are looking at is the Jacuzzi J-480. right now we are at $10,600.00, with cover, steps, radio, lights and all the other stuff that comes with.

I am a little worried, I don't see alot of posts on here re: the Jacuzzi brand... Don't know if thats a good thing or not.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 05:38:35 pm by 03fxdwg »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 06:04:50 pm »

The new model we are looking at is the Jacuzzi J-480. right now we are at $10,600.00, with cover, steps, radio, lights and all the other stuff that comes with.

I am a little worried, I don't see alot of posts on here re: the Jacuzzi brand... Don't know if thats a good thing or not.

I just bought a J-345 a few months ago. I searched for 7 weeks at about 8 different manufacturers until I finally pulled the trigger. They make great tubs. This site is pro- Watkins Manufacturering (which isn't a bad thing, they make some of the best tubs out there) with lots of dealers who frequent this forum. So that's why you don't read about Jacuzzi as much as you should. Your price of $10,600 is a little less than my dealer was asking here in St. Louis.($10,995) I actually wet tested the J-480 just for the fun of it and thought it was by far the best one I tested. It's a personal preference, so if you like it and you're comfortable spending that kind of money go for it. You will not regret it as Jacuzzi makes some very high quality spas.
Here is a pic of my J-345.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 09:21:10 am by WHY_NOT »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 08:22:23 pm »
There are a couple of loyal Jacuzzi sales people as well as happy owners.

I can say that Jacuzzi is a good brand.  Don't know a lot about the 400 series (we used to sell 300 series).  I think the 400 series looks cool.  Don't know how they resolved cover and lifter issuse with that tall back side. ;)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

03fxdwg

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 08:40:42 am »
Whynot, I did see your pics, and read your review. Great setup you have there, I love how clean it looks. I also read how happy you are with your choice. I cant tell from the pics, does the white have some waves of grey in it? If so, that is the same color as the one we are looking at.

Hottubdan, the cover lifter does seem to be a bit shaky and awkward, was wondering if that might be an issue.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 08:41:34 am by 03fxdwg »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 09:18:40 am »
Whynot, I did see your pics, and read your review. Great setup you have there, I love how clean it looks. I also read how happy you are with your choice. I cant tell from the pics, does the white have some waves of grey in it? If so, that is the same color as the one we are looking at.

Thanks for the kind words. :)
Yeah it's got some gray waves in it. The first pic shows it more clearly than the second due to the glare of the sun. 8-) Jacuzzi calls the color Platinum and I absolutely love the "clean" look of it, not to mention how well it illuminates the led lights at night.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 09:24:27 am by WHY_NOT »

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2007, 09:53:57 am »
, the cover lifter does seem to be a bit shaky and awkward, was wondering if that might be an issue.

I believe the J-480 comes with the Covermate 3.
I saw one attached to the J-480 at my dealer and everything appeared to be ok. I asked the salesman there about the large back as I was wondering the same thing and he said all they do differently is mount it a little higher than usual.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 01:59:13 pm »
 That is a great price for the J-480  the lift for it works fine and I have seen no problems with it.  We sell the 480  around 11,500 to 12,000

03fxdwg

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 09:28:38 am »
Thanks for the pricing info Jim. Working on getting the electrical installed this weekend, and going to do a little deck work underneath. Will probably have the new hot tub delivered next Tuesday or so. I will be sure and get some pics posted.

Thanks again to you guys for the info.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 09:28:38 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42