What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: cover lifter question  (Read 3918 times)

anne

cover lifter question
« on: December 13, 2006, 11:31:16 am »
Does anyone know if the Covermate I parts that attach to the tub are interchangeable for the parts of any cover lifter with gas assisted shock thingies? (I'm tired this morning and that name is evading me) I'm considering an upgrade, but I dont want to drill new holes in the tub.
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

cover lifter question
« on: December 13, 2006, 11:31:16 am »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
Re: cover lifter question
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 12:31:28 pm »
I was wondering the same thing.  I would hate to ruin the cedar, but I guess you could always wood fill and restain.  

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 01:10:33 pm »
Are you asking if the mounting brackets for the Covermate 1 are interchangeable with mounting brackets for other cover lifters? If so, the answer is "no". The Covermate 2 uses the same brackets, but they're mounted in a completely different area.

Does anyone know if the Covermate I parts that attach to the tub are interchangeable for the parts of any cover lifter with gas assisted shock thingies? (I'm tired this morning and that name is evading me) I'm considering an upgrade, but I dont want to drill new holes in the tub.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 02:15:24 pm by lets »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 01:33:06 pm »
Agreed with Dr. Spa.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

anne

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 04:58:18 pm »
bummer. :-/ Well, I just get to keep working to get into the spa, then! For now....

The_Pa._Lady

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 10:53:56 pm »
Anne,

This may help you with lifting your cover.  I have found that if I lift the front half of the cover first then get into the tub and lift the rest of the cover off from inside the tub, it is much easier.  And before getting out I bring half of the cover back over the tub, get out, add my Dichlor and then cover the rest from the outside of the tub.  

anne

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 12:12:37 am »
Anne,

This may help you with lifting your cover.  I have found that if I lift the front half of the cover first then get into the tub and lift the rest of the cover off from inside the tub, it is much easier.  And before getting out I bring half of the cover back over the tub, get out, add my Dichlor and then cover the rest from the outside of the tub.  

That is exactly what I do, and it does help, but I was just feeling lazy. The Arctic cover is known for being pretty heavy, so I'm always trying to gently lean it back against the supports and not let it thump open. The other day it slipped and whacked into place (open) and I was sure that my skirt was going to crack. Of course it did not, but still.....  

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006, 12:29:56 pm »
You should try and kick the dealer and sales guy off the top of the cover before you lift it.  They do like jumping on the covers ;)

spa-ing

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2006, 04:14:57 pm »
Are there any cover lifters for spas built flush into a deck?

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2006, 04:20:14 pm »
Both the Cover Valet and CoverMate 3 have deck mount applications.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

anne

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 02:36:24 am »
You should try and kick the dealer and sales guy off the top of the cover before you lift it.  They do like jumping on the covers ;)

I have to chase them out of my back yard all the time!  ;) :D

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2006, 04:13:39 am »
I was wondering the same thing.  I would hate to ruin the cedar, but I guess you could always wood fill and restain.  

Cedar is one of those kinda woods that are easy to make holes go away in. I bet you could make them almost completely dissapear in a year with very little work. A bit of cedar saw dust and some clear glue....no sweat.
Retired

anne

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2006, 01:35:22 pm »

Cedar is one of those kinda woods that are easy to make holes go away in. I bet you could make them almost completely dissapear in a year with very little work. A bit of cedar saw dust and some clear glue....no sweat.

That is definitely a thought. I'll reconsider the whole thing after Christmas!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2006, 01:35:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42