What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Inflatable HOt tubs.  (Read 20813 times)

anne

Re: Inflatable HOt tubs.
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2006, 01:06:20 pm »

Hey lets face it, there are blow up dolls out there, but any guy will tell ya, we love the real thing.

That may be the most creative analogy ever seen on this forum.......hmmm.....

Sorry if my comments seemed ungrounded, Mag, but I have the "real thing" in my back yard, and I have a friend with a soft tub, and guess who's tub gets more happy usage? If you know that a soft tub is what you want, then get one. I can see why you'd be irritated, coming here to ask "what is the cheapest inflatable tub" and you get people encouraging you to research something OTHER than an inflatable......but we really do have your best interests in mind. It would not be the cheapest option, to consider a used traditional tub, but you'd probably have something that would last longer and cost less to run, and make you happier.

Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2006, 01:06:20 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2006, 01:11:10 pm »

Hey lets face it, there are blow up dolls out there, but any guy will tell ya, we love the real thing.

And what about leaks and wear and tear, One wrong move and pop!!!!!!  What about warranty, have you taken that into consideration????????  

I have found that if they are popped or used, the store will not take them back. It was quite emmbarrasing. I even washed it really really well, but I am not allowed back into that particular video store ever again.  :-[

07 Caldera Geneva

tileman

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2006, 02:29:01 pm »
 If you feel comfortable with the purchase, who am I to tell you anything different.

I think I said it the best. Except I need to change "who am I" to " who are we".
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 02:30:18 pm by tileman »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2006, 02:40:17 pm »
Can someone please tell me what the cheapest inflatable hot tub is and the cheapest hot tub is at that matter. I have seen spa2go but its a lil crappy but someone said theres a $400 version made by another company thats alot similar to it but i cant find it..and since you guys are the experts I figured I would ask u.

Strange, we're into the third page of responses, and no one has yet to even begin to answer your original question. the "spas" you're looking at are just what you describe. An inflatable spa. They are not, and should not, be compared to a self contained, or portable spa. The only similarity between the tow is that they hold water. The $400 "someone" told you about is unrealistic and either a mistake, misunderstanding, or a one time close out. $900 - $1000 is the least I've ever seen as a normal going price.

As far as cost to heat............ prepare to write a big check if heated daily. Unlike the soft tub that's made of foam, foam that insulates, an inflatable has very little, if any, insulating ability. On the up side, they tend to be very small and shallow, thereby holding only a small amount of water needing to be heated.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

tileman

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2006, 02:44:04 pm »
Strange, we're into the third page of responses, and no one has yet to even begin to answer your original question.  

You must have skipped over my posts.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 02:45:48 pm by tileman »

anne

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2006, 03:34:23 pm »
Strange, we're into the third page of responses, and no one has yet to even begin to answer your original question.  

You must have skipped over my posts.

You did a nice job of providing him with some links to a couple inflatables, but from what I have read here over the last many months, and talking to my neighbor who has one, I think you mislead mag when you "estimated" that it would take $10 a month to run. I think Bosco and Dr Spa are right about the inflatables not being very efficient at all. Not that I have any exact numbers, but I'd be more careful about assumptions.
Dance like nobody's watching

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2006, 04:15:25 pm »
I just figured it was a typo and there was one zero missing.  ;D

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

tileman

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2006, 04:33:20 pm »

You did a nice job of providing him with some links to a couple inflatables, but from what I have read here over the last many months, and talking to my neighbor who has one, I think you mislead mag when you "estimated" that it would take $10 a month to run. I think Bosco and Dr Spa are right about the inflatables not being very efficient at all. Not that I have any exact numbers, but I'd be more careful about assumptions.

WHERE IN HIS ORIGINAL POST DID HE MENTION OPERATION COSTS? Oh, he didn't, that's right. :)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 04:36:41 pm by tileman »

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2006, 04:44:47 pm »
How much on average do you think it would cost to run one of these per month? What do you think of the instaSPA? www.insta-spa.com Theres a store in a close town by me that has one of these left and they want 800 bucks for it...Any reviews or anything?

Uhhh, your welcome.

I'm not sure about the cost of opperation on inflatable spas. I do however know that  regular portable spas range from about $20-$30 dollars a month. Based on this knoweledge I'd guess around $10 a month. I checked out that insta-spa and it seems to be very comprable to the Advantage Manufacturing one. $800 is a good price as I saw them priced at  $1200 on their website.

I believe Anne is referring to one of your responses where it appears you are estimating a $10.00 per month operating cost for an inflatable spa.

tileman

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2006, 04:49:34 pm »

I believe Anne is referring to one of your responses where it appears you are estimating a $10.00 per month operating cost for an inflatable spa.

If that was the case, she should have quoted that post of mine and not doc's before her response.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2006, 05:20:30 pm »
How much on average do you think it would cost to run one of these per month? What do you think of the instaSPA? www.insta-spa.com Theres a store in a close town by me that has one of these left and they want 800 bucks for it...Any reviews or anything?

Uhhh, your welcome.

I'm not sure about the cost of opperation on inflatable spas. I do however know that  regular portable spas range from about $20-$30 dollars a month. Based on this knoweledge I'd guess around $10 a month. I checked out that insta-spa and it seems to be very comprable to the Advantage Manufacturing one. $800 is a good price as I saw them priced at  $1200 on their website.

Happy now?

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2006, 05:22:26 pm »
Though I'm still trying to figure out how a spa holding 225 gallons of water, with virtually NO insulation can only cost 1/3 the amount to heat as compared to a FULLY INSULATED 350 gallon spa.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 05:22:48 pm by lets »

tileman

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2006, 05:27:58 pm »
Though I'm still trying to figure out how a spa holding 225 gallons of water, with virtually NO insulation can only cost 1/3 the amount to heat as compared to a FULLY INSULATED 350 gallon spa.

That could take awhile, so to save some time I would just buy one.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 05:29:48 pm by tileman »

mag48

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2006, 07:47:54 pm »
        Hey Guys I didn't want this to turn into an argument, I just wanted to research some of the tifferent types of "Soft Tubs Or Inflatable Tubs" Can someone explain to me how the Insta-Spa is put togeather and held up? One good thing I noticed about it was that it had 8 REAL jets not those fake ones like on the Spa2go. I'm not getting this spa to have therapedic things, I just want something that when I have guests over we can go out in sit in it with the basic feeling of a hot tub. The reason I really dont want to get a hard tub is because I dont have that much room for it, I dont want to deal with all the responsibilitys of it and I really dont want to spend the extra money on something I just want for relaxation and to have a conversation in. So yea.. I didnt mean to cause any arguments and if anyone is upset over this im sorry. So anyway lets move on...I already stated this but whats the basic method of setting this up and whats holding it togeather. I have googled this tub over the internet but all I can find is places that sell it but no reviews. Any help there?

MostlyLurkingGal

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2006, 08:17:59 pm »

And what about leaks and wear and tear, One wrong move and pop!!!!!!  What about warranty, have you taken that into consideration????????  

I have found that if they are popped or used, the store will not take them back. It was quite emmbarrasing. I even washed it really really well, but I am not allowed back into that particular video store ever again.  :-[

OMG...you crack me up!!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2006, 08:17:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42