What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Inflatable HOt tubs.  (Read 21003 times)

mag48

Re: Inflatable HOt tubs.
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2006, 04:03:31 pm »
Well i'm really just reserching them right now but I really think im going to buy this one when I save up enough. www.insta-spa.com What do you guys think? Its comparable to a soft tub and a store near my town is going out of  buisness so they only want 800 for it. I really dont want a full size one becuase 1. higher electric bills and 2 I want something I can take with me when I move. And the reason I was rushing to find the $400 one was because I wanted to see if it really existed.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2006, 04:03:31 pm »

tileman

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2006, 04:26:17 pm »
Well i'm really just reserching them right now but I really think im going to buy this one when I save up enough. www.insta-spa.com What do you guys think? Its comparable to a soft tub and a store near my town is going out of  buisness so they only want 800 for it. I really dont want a full size one becuase 1. higher electric bills and 2 I want something I can take with me when I move. And the reason I was rushing to find the $400 one was because I wanted to see if it really existed.

Traditional, regular-full size spas are movable. It might not be as easy but they are definitely portable.
  As far as electric consumption, you might only notice a $10 a month difference between the two.
  If you feel comfortable with the purchase, who am I to tell you anything different.    Just remember that it is only 22 inches deep, so your going to have to practically lay down to get fully submerged.
  Good Luck with whatever you do.

Chad

mag48

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2006, 04:35:47 pm »
Well where can you find the second hand spa's for a $1000? I think at one time walmart had one for 1,999.

tileman

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2006, 04:49:08 pm »
Well where can you find the second hand spa's for a $1000? I think at one time walmart had one for 1,999.

Try craigslist.com like Bosco sugessted, ebay, and your local classifieds.
I just saw a 5-6 person St. Louis spa for $1000 on ebay. I don't know anything about that particular manufacturer, but it's a start.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 05:42:15 pm by tileman »

anne

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2006, 04:56:43 pm »

I would not assume that a small inflatable tub would result in a lower electric bill. It might, but I dont think they are known for being easy on your power. I have not researched it, though. One of the benefits of a good used high-quality tub would be energy efficiency. And sure, an inflatable is more portable than a "portable" spa, but I'd personally rather have a little extra work on one day moving a normal spa than buy a less comfortable, questionably energy efficient unit and use it every day.

Craigs list is great!!!!  
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 07:13:12 pm by anne »
Dance like nobody's watching

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2006, 06:39:45 pm »
Are there any seats in those things?
Or do you sit on the ground.
I could see that this is not confy

mag48

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2006, 06:53:13 pm »
They have padded  bottums...I believe its almost identical to a soft tub only cheaper.

hot tub Frank

• tiger river bengal
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2006, 10:18:58 pm »
I don't understand why you would go with such a hot tub!

mag48

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2006, 11:05:52 pm »
Why do you say that..you need to explain why you disagree with stuff...instead of just saying it..Thats one of my pet peeves..if your going to complain about something, atleast give some kind of info to back up your complaint. And why not go with that? Its great I dont see anything wrong with that hot tub what so ever...Many people like soft tubs...and its identical for half the price, and half the running costs of a normal hot tub..

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2006, 11:50:58 pm »
Hey Mag.
Thanks for joining us.  You'll find that we're a pretty vocal bunch and you will get lots of different opinions! ;D

If you've got your heart set on a soft tub, then why not?  Bear in mind, however, that they are not
identical for half the price.
You will notice many differences.

Keep doing your research and definitely wet test LOTS of tubs (both styles) to see what you like.  If your chief concerns are portablility, econonmy, and price, then I'd be tempted to steer you in the direction of a used hard-shell as well.  Like Anne said, your daily enjoyment of either style of tub will far outweigh the inconvenience of moving it once... someday.
...because integrity's the key

tileman

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2006, 12:42:10 am »
If you've got your heart set on a soft tub, then why not?  Bear in mind, however, that they are not
identical for half the price.
You will notice many differences.

He was not comparing hard shell vs. inflatable, but rather inflatable vs. insta-spa(which uses aluminum framing AND air for support instead of just air like the traditional inflatables).
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 12:48:59 am by tileman »

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2006, 12:49:10 am »
He was not comparing hard shell vs. inflatable, but rather inflatable vs. insta-spa(which uses steel framing AND air for support instead of just air like the traditional inflatables).

Whoops!  Right you are.  I should pay more attention to the whole thread next time.
Sorry 'bout that.

tileman

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2006, 01:02:41 am »
He was not comparing hard shell vs. inflatable, but rather inflatable vs. insta-spa(which uses steel framing AND air for support instead of just air like the traditional inflatables).

Whoops!  Right you are.  I should pay more attention to the whole thread next time.
Sorry 'bout that.

No need to apologize as it was an honest mistake. I was just doing what I would want others to do for me. :)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2006, 08:11:09 am »
mag, first off people are giving opinions, we are not experts so relax a bit.  Second off, there is no way in hell that you are going to save money on your heating bill.

Think about it, no insulation, other than some air inside the cavity of a plastic type material for one.  So you will constantly have heat loss out of a blow up tub.  Second of all, you are going to be runnng it with an extension cord on 110.  So the tub works harder and runs longer with 110. You will be using way more energy.

Comfort people are talking about now.  If you think that you can enjoy sitting in something like this is ok, then fill your boots.  Personally, I would rather go and buy a kids blow up pool and maybe hat a fish tank heater and a purchase a straw so I can blow bubbles in the tub. (just kidding here) but seriously, no comfort or theraputic value

Now factor in jets and therapy.  There is no way that this tub will provide you with comfort and therapy like a real hot tub.  Spend sometime and look for a good used tub.  You wont regret it, they are easy to move and you will own it for a hell of alot longer than a blow up.

Hey lets face it, there are blow up dolls out there, but any guy will tell ya, we love the real thing.

And what about leaks and wear and tear, One wrong move and pop!!!!!!  What about warranty, have you taken that into consideration????????   So my pet peeve is people that post and dont listen to what is being said, instead just want to hear what they are thinking to confirm there decision!!!!!  Sorry bro, you just dont get it.  Hope this helps a bit.

Silent Water

• 2006 Sundance Bahia
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2006, 10:15:41 am »
So my pet peeve is people that post and dont listen to what is being said, instead just want to hear what they are thinking to confirm there decision!!!!!  Sorry bro, you just dont get it.

Easy, Bosco. Down, boy. ;D
I'm sure that Mag's listening (to everyone) and is perfectly capable of making an informed decision.  Mag is just looking for help and there's a market for the soft tubs too.

Mag, Bosco brings up a lot of valid points in favour of a hard-shell tub (apart from the doll thing which just makes me wonder about the research behind that comment. Gives whole new meaning to the term "wet-test"! :-[)

Please keep us posted as you continue your research.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2006, 10:15:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42