What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 1st post...1st question  (Read 5962 times)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: 1st post...1st question
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2006, 04:21:33 am »
I was wrong...The Quest can be bought without the soundsation.

I just looked at the sale flyers I got from the dealers.  The Quest is significantly more expensive, almost $2000.00 more and that's without the soundsation.  

Am I even comparing apples to apples?

I might have to force the Hotsprings dealer to love me.

I think you are comparing apples to apples mostly. Both quality tubs, with my preference more towards the Marquis. Does the Marquis dealer know your flirtin with the HS dealer? If he don't let him know the price difference.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2006, 04:21:33 am »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2006, 09:01:52 am »
Teh fact the salesman is pushing you away from HS based on the full foam, when there tub is virtually the same, would cause me to pause. (As well as a $2000 dif).   Keep the HS on your short list,  and look around a bit more.
Absolutey wet test. You can't make an intellgient deciosion without wet testing.

What is your budget?

What are you space restrictions?

What options or features are you leaning towards? (or away from)?
07 Caldera Geneva

shabba34

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2006, 09:27:57 am »
Just a short reply on the HS circ pump:

5 year warranty, so even if it performs as poorly as the uniformed marquis salseman claims, no cost to you.  Even out of warranty, the pump cost around 160.00 not 350.00 as described.  As far as the foam explanation he/she gave to you, I,m sure the informed on this site find it as rediculous as I do.  Good luck! ;)

daaw

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2006, 10:06:06 am »
Thanks for all the great responses.

My space limitations are approx 77” x 84”.  I built the deck after measuring a tub I thought I would buy.  I will try to post some pics of the deck when I get home tonight.  
I since found this forum and have ruled out this brand.  I am looking for the largest tub that feels good to me and the bride.  Our budget is approx $6,999.99, although I would like to spend less.  

The technique the Marquis dealer used was to show me the insulation in his tub which was less dense than the insulation sample he had for the Hotsprings.  He asked, “which of these do you think would be easier to detect a leak in?”

He dogged the small impeller on the Hotsprings recirc pump as well, showing me a Marquis impeller and stating how it would move more water.  I realize that the Marquis does not use a 24 hour recirc pump.  

Is noise an issue with the Marquis pump running?  The tub will be near a window.

I don’t blame him for wanting to sell me tub and he seamed knowledgeable about his product.  He was more aggressive than the Hotsprings dealer.

I hate to admit it and would not buy a tub based on this but the lights on the Hotsprings were pretty cool.  They seemed a lot brighter than Marquis.  Maybe just the showroom lighting.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2006, 10:18:39 am »
Sometimes, I think I sound like a broken record, but the Tiger River line will fit your dimensions, and may be in your budget.  Some of the Artesian tubs may  also in your price range, but I haven't heard too much about them and can't comment in detail on them.  Thier Saba model fits your dimensions (Have you allowed room for a cover lifter?)

I belive all of the Caldera tubs will fit your space.

I had an old TP tub, and when the pumps cycled on it was loud enough to not want it close to a window. If you do look at some of the TP desings (Artic, Coleman, Jaquizi) listen a bit to the pumps and keep in mind they will cycle on when you are not using the tub.  Perhaps they have gotten quiter -I cant say-, but would have you keep that in mind when shopping.  :)

« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 10:19:41 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2006, 10:18:39 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42