What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Delivered: 2007 Hot Spring Grandee  (Read 13853 times)

tileman

Re: Delivered: 2007 Hot Spring Grandee
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2006, 01:03:31 am »
Any ideas on how to hide a wire when the tub is on a concrete pad?  I hate looking at it.  My husband said he would figure something out...

If you could give me a description of your setup, I'd be happy to give you some ideas.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2006, 01:03:31 am »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2006, 01:26:59 am »
Very nice Morph. What's new for 07 besides the Bella Fountain? I'm suprised the electrican would run the cable like that. It seems like you could trip over it very easily. Congrats on the new Grandee. You're going to love it.
That is all that is new.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2006, 02:40:10 pm »
Hot Springs dealers- Do all your tubs come w/o some sort of abs base? I thought all "high end spas had them standard". I guess not.
Here's how my Sundance Optima looks -- very similar to the Hot Springs minus the exposed foam.  Does Jacuzzi do it different?

Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2006, 03:00:20 pm »
Jacuzzi uses an ABS Pan.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2006, 03:12:08 pm »
 I like the new color skirt,Jacuzzi/Sundance are offering that for 07.

Not sure why Hotsprings chose to go with the same siding style slats Jacuzzi has? Or why Jacuzzi/Sundace went with the new color Hotsprings has?  Go fiqure.

I also keep wondering when Sundance will offer the abs pan like Jacuzzi and how long till HS has it.? I have moved enough old Sundance's and Hotsprings that are rotten to the core on the btm takes awhile but they do rot. But then we are the Pac N.W.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 03:13:33 pm by Jacuzzi_Jim »

tileman

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2006, 06:17:38 pm »
Hot Springs dealers- Do all your tubs come w/o some sort of abs base? I thought all "high end spas had them standard". I guess not.
Here's how my Sundance Optima looks -- very similar to the Hot Springs minus the exposed foam.  Does Jacuzzi do it different?

Jacuzzi uses a fully enclosed ABS pan, not one of those stapled sheets of plastic like the other so called "abs based" tubs.

Richs100

• From a 1993 HS Prodigy to a 2006 HS Envoy
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2006, 10:29:53 pm »
SpaMorph:
I just wanna point out that my HotSpring Truck is bigger than your HotSpring Cart.  
I'm just sayin'........

If you don't have anything nice to say about someone, come sit next to me.

patty

• 2006 Sundance Optima
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2006, 11:02:53 pm »
Congrats!  That color combination is gorgeous!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2006, 11:39:27 pm »
I like the Hotspring base since you can shim the spa if needed.  :)
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

anne

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2006, 03:34:03 am »
Any ideas on how to hide a wire when the tub is on a concrete pad?  I hate looking at it.  My husband said he would figure something out...

I skimmed this thread, so I apologize if I missed something, but it does seem odd that your wire is on top of the pad rather than buried.....any reason?

Anyway, when we ran the wire I chose to have it exit next to the gravel pad rather than inside it, since I was not sure what the orientation of the tub would be......it was not the best decision on my part, but it ended up not being tragic. The result was about 10-12" of flexible tubing that was exposed, and I used large rocks that match my flagstone to disguise it.  Sounds odd, but it worked in my situation. Something like that would be harder with pavers, though.....You could also put potted plants along there, or even build a planter box with a "groove" to hide the wire......or steps? What is off to the left beyond what we can see in the photo?  
Dance like nobody's watching

Repeat_Offender

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2006, 07:50:09 am »
I'm assuming that the pavers are just laid down and that only the perimeter course is cemented. If that's the case you could easily remove enough to carefully hand trench beneath the outer course and under the paver field and break up right at the electrical inlet. It's too nice of a setting to leave that wiring exposed like that.
Bullfrog 562

anne

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2006, 01:16:23 pm »
I'm assuming that the pavers are just laid down and that only the perimeter course is cemented. If that's the case you could easily remove enough to carefully hand trench beneath the outer course and under the paver field and break up right at the electrical inlet. It's too nice of a setting to leave that wiring exposed like that.
I think that is the best idea, too. I was assuming that once pavers are down, you cannot easily move them. It would look so nice to have that wire disappear, since the rest of it looks great!!!!
Dance like nobody's watching

Bill75

• 2006 Grandee owner
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2006, 06:13:49 pm »
Congrats on your new tub!  We bought a 2006 HS Grandee about 4 months ago.  After looking at your tub I wish we had waited:  we liked the Bella Fontana feature much better than the "Soothing Stream" feature on our tub.  

We had a problem with a brown "ring" that appeared after a day or so.  We were able to remove it from the tub with a sponge and baking soda.  It did not reappear, and when we did our first drain and fill we did not see it again:  it may have been just preservative from the manufacturing process.  I don't know, but it has not reappeared.  

I found your discussion of the electrical cable interesting.  We had our paver patio installed by a company who had worked closely with the hot tub company for a few years:  he had a template for the grandee that marked the location of the power lead.  It comes up into the cabinet right at the middle of the front, under the control panel where the access panel opens up.  You can see the position in this picture:

The power feed is is the gray cable that is at the base.  There was a little "notch" in the frame at the entry point.  This photo was taken when the tub was installed but before the electrical hookup was complete.

I hope this helps.

Bill

MarKee

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2006, 08:26:45 pm »
I wonder how that base holds up in wetter climates such as the pacific northwest where it rains 250 days out of the year.  tub looks good tho

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2006, 08:44:49 pm »
I wonder how that base holds up in wetter climates such as the pacific northwest where it rains 250 days out of the year.  tub looks good tho

Lot's of 20+ year Hotspring spa out there still going strong from what I hear. I believe the last layer applied to the HS base is just as permeable as an ABS shell--dealers correct me if I'm wrong. Man, I sound like a dealer.  ;D

Where are you Chas? We miss you.  :)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 08:47:24 pm by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2006, 08:44:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42