What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Deck Finally Finished!  (Read 14022 times)

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
Re: Hot Tub Deck Finally Finished!
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2006, 06:05:40 pm »
 :o  Wowzers!  :o That's one heluva setup you've got there! Looks like it's a "perfect fit" for the tub you chose, hopefully you won't ever decide you need one that WON'T fit in there....
This is why I love coming to this site...creativity! :D
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2006, 06:05:40 pm »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2006, 06:51:27 pm »
wow, that is some hardcore backyard project.  I cant believe how technical that all looks.  It looks great and I dont think that you will ever worry about that breaking down over time.

now sit back and enjoy it, for me that was the hardest part.  I really enjoyed all the work, and now that it is done, I sometimes miss that part.

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006, 12:36:57 pm »
wow, that is some hardcore backyard project.  I cant believe how technical that all looks.  It looks great and I dont think that you will ever worry about that breaking down over time.

now sit back and enjoy it, for me that was the hardest part.  I really enjoyed all the work, and now that it is done, I sometimes miss that part.

I know just how you feel.

I am not quite finished, however the weather at this time of year is not cooperating.

I am thinking of putting a clear roof over the hot tub using polycarbonate panels, Wire up my speakers,
install LED lighting, and a GFI outlet and a Hose bib.

However in the mean time we are certainly enjoying the new location.  It is so easy to walk out and just jump in.

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2006, 11:53:52 am »
Looks great indeed! I remember your original post of the deck beams prior to the concrete.

Would a stamped or patterned concrete surface have been an option for your setup? I have beeconsidering doing something like that around my tub to reduce the potential for the fine grit from concrete getting tracked into the tub.
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2006, 12:20:15 pm »
Stamped concrete certainly looks nice however I am using indoor/outdoor carpet over the concrete as it is much easier on the feet.  The rough cement surface keeps the carpet in place.

Regards, Zz

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2006, 03:57:34 pm »
HOLY CRAP zz! You must be an engineer to design something like that?!?! I'm going to be embarrassing to put my setup on the forum. About the only thing we have in common is that both our units are on top of stone, but even then you've got 6"' and I've only got 2" (now the rimshot for that line - you perverts).

At $7200 for the install, did you pay more for that than the unit itself? I think my total cost was $30 for stone and $170 for decorative stone for the path I installed myself leading from my patio to the spa. Wow, quite the setup and congrats for am awesome undertaking!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 04:01:09 pm by wesj53 »

spa-ing

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2006, 05:41:16 pm »
zzTop

You may have a very BAD problem if you ever experience a leak in a place other than the pump. You've surrounded yourself with no access to fittings. I recently had a leak inside the insulation where the water return came unsealed from the acrylic. I would be an impossible fix in that set up. I hope you never have that problem.

tileman

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2006, 06:44:51 pm »
Looks great indeed! I remember your original post of the deck beams prior to the concrete.

Would a stamped or patterned concrete surface have been an option for your setup? I have beeconsidering doing something like that around my tub to reduce the potential for the fine grit from concrete getting tracked into the tub.

Whatever you do make sure to get a broomed finish to the concrete. Otherwise you will end up on your a$$ everytime you get out of your spa. Water and smooth concrete mix as well as oreo's and washboard abs. ;D
Btw, you can solve your "fine grit" problem by wearing sandals and/or hosing off patio regularly.

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2006, 02:35:44 am »
HOLY CRAP zz! You must be an engineer to design something like that?!?! I'm going to be embarrassing to put my setup on the forum. About the only thing we have in common is that both our units are on top of stone, but even then you've got 6"' and I've only got 2" (now the rimshot for that line - you perverts).

At $7200 for the install, did you pay more for that than the unit itself? I think my total cost was $30 for stone and $170 for decorative stone for the path I installed myself leading from my patio to the spa. Wow, quite the setup and congrats for am awesome undertaking!

It is interesting but, necessity is the mother of invention.

Almost three years ago my beloved wife suffered a brain aneurism at age 55.

She was in hospital for over 10 months and a nursing home for 1 year.  During that period I did not know if she was going to survive or not.

For me to survive that period I had gotten a Rx from our Dr. for Hydro therapy (a Hot Tub)  for tendonitis which I was experiencing, and I knew that because of the extreme stress I was going through regarding my wife that I needed a creative outlet, rather than sitting around, maybe drinking and feeling sorry for myself.  This kept me sane.

So I discovered this forum, and other hot tub forums which I researched extensively before  purchasing a new Beachcomber Hot tub .

Through this journey I met Steve, Stuart, Chas, Dr Spa,  Mccall, Spahappy Johanna,Wisoki, Brewman, HotTubMan, Drewstar and many others all over North America who shared with me some really honest, heart felt advice.  These people are very professional and are a Class Act.

After acquiring our first Spa I wrote a piece which I published on this forum entitled "How to Buy a Hot Tub" which got over 10,000 hits relating my experiences and insights on Hot Tubs.

Now, after almost 3 years I still drop in to this forum as I feel I owe that to my fellow posters who shared their experiences and I continue to share my ownership experiences as we go forward.

So to answer your question my Hot Tub retailed for about the same price as what the wholesale cost to build this new deck,

The price paid was a bargain as my wife, now a stroke victim can benefit from Hydro Therapy and the only way I can get her into the tub is to have it on the same floor that we live on and have it sunken so that it is easy for me to sit her on the edge and slide her into the tub.

Even more interesting is that our friends have rallied around us and have helped us achieve this.  Sometimes you never know who your real friends are until you suffer a crisis.

There is no price that is too much to give my wife the therapy she needs that our hot tub can give.

I also found that where we previously located our tub I was not using it as often as I would have liked to because  we had to go through our basement door to access it and my wife being in wheel chair,  I could not get her to it let alone get her into it.  Now we can just almost fall into it no matter what the weather is doing.  Until you experience this it is hard to appreciate.

So this would never have happened without this unique set of circumstances, and the fellowship I feel toward my fellow posters on this forum.

I envisioned this hot tub deck plan over a year ago and we are just now  beginning to enjoy the fruit of this vision.  

I have to say that without the wonderful correspondence I had with many people on this forum I would probably not have had the courage and confidence to go forward and see this through.

For this I feel eternally greatful and blessed..

Thanks Gang

Regards,

Your friend,

Zz   :)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 03:03:58 am by ZzTop »

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2006, 02:46:41 am »
zzTop

You may have a very BAD problem if you ever experience a leak in a place other than the pump. You've surrounded yourself with no access to fittings. I recently had a leak inside the insulation where the water return came unsealed from the acrylic. I would be an impossible fix in that set up. I hope you never have that problem.

Spa ing

No Problem, there is a 3" space around the tub and we can easily pick the tub up 19" and service that type of problem.

BTW it is the consensus of most of our professional posters that full foam tubs have less leak problems owing to the fact that full foam minimizes vibration  to the plumbing, which is the number one cause of plumbing leaks in tubs.

Just so that I do not start another war I ALSO  have to state that tubs that are NOT full foam are easier to access to repair leaks.

I spent countless hours researching how a quality hot tub should be built.  The guys you want to talk to are those who service hot tubs for a living.   Not the SALESMAN!

Regards,

Zz   :)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 03:07:43 am by ZzTop »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2006, 12:57:50 pm »
Zz Buddy!

How are you?! Pictures look great but you need to post a few more of the finished product.

I've kind of backed away from the board but I'm still around lurking in the shadows....

I'm happy to see that things are going well.

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2006, 12:00:59 am »
Zz Buddy!

How are you?! Pictures look great but you need to post a few more of the finished product.

I've kind of backed away from the board but I'm still around lurking in the shadows....

I'm happy to see that things are going well.

Good to hear from you.

The weather has been so bad that I have not had an opportunity to take some good pictures just yet, however I  will when we finally get some sun.

Hope bus is going well and your family is well

Regards, Zz   :)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 12:02:25 am by ZzTop »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2006, 12:00:59 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42