What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I Think We Got a Floor Model  (Read 34903 times)

ORANGEPEEL

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: I Think We Got a Floor Model
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2006, 01:56:42 pm »
Bohms:
Thanks for the cliarification.
Since you bought a new, unused unit, that's what you should get.
Good luck with your dealer.
Orangepeel

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2006, 01:56:42 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2006, 03:11:02 pm »
Clearly if you want a new spa, not a floor model, the dealer should make it happen, difficult delivery or not.  If there is any other way to satisfy you the dealer should do that.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2006, 04:25:59 pm »
Sales Mgr came and says that he's "almost positive" that it's NOT a floor model.  So I told him to explain the used bromine cartridges that were in there and to explain the reason why the electrician said that all of the screws were loose as if someone else had played with the wires and why there was a black scuff/scratch on it and why it never tripped after 24 hours like they said it would.  He took down the Serial # and I asked if he would be able to tell by that and he said, "Well we shift the tubs around a lot so we won't really know if it was a floor model.....blah, blah, blah".  My salesguy is off today and he wanted to wait until he talked to him tomorrow so I told him to call him at home and he told me that he doesn't have a phone.  WHAT????!!!!!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2006, 04:29:34 pm »
B-A-L-O-N-E-Y!!!!!!

I wish you luck, but that's bullcorn the runaround they're giving you.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

1-spare-tire

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2006, 04:54:07 pm »
Bohms, I really feel for you having to go through this.  This is supposed to be a really enjoyable time (getting your new tub), and they are crapping all over it.  My suggestion, if you haven't started doing this already, is start documenting who you talk to about this, when you talked to them, and what was said.  Hopefully, this will be taken care of for you very quickly, but if not and it drags on, you will have documented everything from the beginning.  Like someone mentioned in an earlier post, taken pictures of all of the mishaps.

I hope everything works out.

ORANGEPEEL

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2006, 05:09:33 pm »
Bohms:
Sounds like you are really getting crapped on.
If it's not too late I would put a stop payment on your check, or if you used a credit card, file a dispute with the card issuer.
If too late for that, file a complaint to the Better Business Bureau.
Squeeky wheels usually get oiled.

Cola

• Time for bed kids
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2006, 05:17:19 pm »
Hello Bohms
I have a Marquis Epic
It was delivered with large stickers in the tub
I had to use gas - yes gasoline to remove them as recomended by my dealer
He told me that in Canada, they are not allowed to remove them, kind of like the label on a new matress
I would get in touch with Jeff Shaw at Marquis and have him straiten it out for you if the dealer won't
This sounds like a load of bull $hit to me
They knew you had to bring in heavy equipment to get in place and this is what you got
Give Jeff the serial number and he can give you the mfg date
What a bunch of a$$ holes to do this to you
Damn jerks
Steve

Chris_H

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2006, 05:23:58 pm »
Well, Artic used to pay their dealers to fill the spas up before delivery to consumers to make sure there were no leaks.  I believe dealers received $80 bucks a spa. Maybe this is what this dealer did.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2006, 06:14:19 pm »
It sounds like you are getting the runaround.  What you described is not what we call a factory wrapped spa.

They either deliberately delivered the wrong spa or they are disorganised and accidentally delivered the wrong spa.

Calling Jeff Shaw is a good idea.

I would still try to work with the dealer to fix the situation.  I would not stop payment on a check, but I might dispute a credit card.  If I financed I would get the finance company involved.  You have specific rights when using a credit card or financing that are different than when using a check.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2006, 07:45:13 pm »
I was trying to see from both sides however it sounds as if the dealer is not taking any responsibility and the sales manager is trying to "sell" his way out of it.

I often wonder why people don't just tell the truth and own up to things as they are regardless of consequence. There are always two sides to every story and we are only hearing one however it sounds pretty convincing to me!

As for the comments to my solution...It amazes me how often people would rather pick a fight than work out a solution (and I don't mean bohms).

If the dealer could make them happy with that tub by taking responsibility and giving them some extras then everyone is better off. It's not like that spa was out in the field for 2 years, it was on a showroom floor. Setting on the sidelines and escalating the situation by poking jabs is just childish.

To me all that matters is that bohms is happy with the outcome and the truth is told.

"Making someone pay" for the mistake one either side is wrong.

Creating a solution that turns the experience back into the good thing it was in the beginning is what needs to happen. If it can't then the dealer needs to refund the purchase, pick up the spa, let the customer move on and use the cost of delivery and pickup as a learning experience.

Truth be told we could have delivered a demo spa as new by an oversight as I explained before however, by the time my sales manager or myself went out to the customers house we would have known inexplicitly when that spa came in, whether it was a floor model and have documentation to show the customer!

The dealer should pay for a crane to swap the spa out if it comes to that out of good faith and just make the customer happy at this point.

MarKee

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2006, 07:58:38 pm »
I would talk to the owner or a store manager, they should be able to make it right.

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2006, 07:33:23 am »
I agree that contaction Jeff Shaw at Marquis would be helpful if you don't get a satisfactory responce from the dealer. His email is jshaw@marquiscorp.com

jfish63

• 2002 HS Grandeee
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2006, 09:01:02 am »
Stuart, I did not want to imply I would start a fight. What I really wanted to imply is that if I paid for a brand new spa that is the only product I would accept. Afloor model might sit there being run for a year or more. Even though you might get the full warranty with the floor model you are not getting new spa components. IMO they will not last as long as brand new parts beyond the warranty. No fight just want what I pay for and not what someone thinks they can get away with giving me.

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2006, 09:18:41 am »
One thing I do know....when we went to the store in the begining of July, they did not have the color we wanted on the floor.  When we wet tested in August, the exact color/model was there and that's what we wet tested in.  The Sales Mgr yesterday confirmed that this tub was manufactured mid July.  So, my thought is that they put it as a floor model right when they received it in mid July.  If that's the case, which I think it is, then the tub is a couple of months old.

jfish63

• 2002 HS Grandeee
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2006, 10:57:15 am »
If that is the case and they can make the other problems alright it would not be so bad. I would still expect your problems to be corrected.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2006, 10:57:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42