What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I Think We Got a Floor Model  (Read 34924 times)

jfish63

• 2002 HS Grandeee
Re: I Think We Got a Floor Model
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2006, 10:39:48 am »
If I paid for a new spa I would not be satified with a credit. If I wanted a floor model I would have tried to bargain for one in the first place. I also can't believe this is an honest mistake but more likely a calculated move to get rid of a floor model. The dealer probably counted on not much fuss and issuing a store credit. A win win for the dealer. Sorry if my post seems harsh.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2006, 10:39:48 am »

bohms

• 2006 Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2006, 10:45:42 am »
I agree with you JFISH - I don't believe it was a mistake either.  They knew exactly what they were doing.  If I don't hear back from them within the next 2 or 3 hours I'm going to call.

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2006, 10:48:37 am »
Abosultley horrible. What a classless piece of S$%

I would be pissed if that happned to me, and I would fight them till the end to get a new spa.
Never trust these guys.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2006, 10:55:59 am »
I agree with you JFISH - I don't believe it was a mistake either.  They knew exactly what they were doing.  If I don't hear back from them within the next 2 or 3 hours I'm going to call.

If it was not a mistake then they are truly bumblers because they could have made it very difficlut for you to tell the difference if they wanted toput the effort into cleaning it, rewrapping it and changing out the filters. It's a poker game at this point, they don't need to know what your hand is. Tell them you want it replaced and see how they counter.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

NWHotTubber

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2006, 11:02:32 am »
Sorry to hear of your troubles... Being new to the spa world myself, I would just try to remember you can get more by staying calm and using honey rather than vinegar.  

I would remain calm, while taking the "I'm so disappointed" stance.  Personally, I would not accept anything less than 2-3k off... And all the paperwork for your spa.   Not only is it a floor model, but they got rid of it to move something new into it's spot!  It is probably last years model, etc.  

Otherwise, they can come get their spa for a total refund.  They would assume ALL delivery and pick up charges.  Then go to a different dealer...

At this point, I would assume you would not receive good service in the future, if you had any problems with the spa.

Good luck, I hope they do you right!

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2006, 11:03:20 am »
Remember you paid over $9000 for this thing, and from the sounds of it, it appears as if he screwed you.

I wouldn't accept any counter offer, but that's just me.

bohms

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2006, 11:08:56 am »
Thanks everyone for your responses.
Any Marquis dealers out there with advice???

bohms

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2006, 11:13:29 am »
Sled Junkie - the problem is, they can't crane a new one in b/c there are too many tall trees (we had a crane operator come and survey it).  My husband would have to go through the same process that we he went through to get the new one in the yard.  The machine he used to get it in here is now located at a job in another state.  Do you mean have the dealership figure out how to get it out of here?  Now that would be interesting...

Brookenstein

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2006, 11:24:57 am »
Wow, it really sounds like a process to get it there.  I'd love to see pics of the set up.  I'm a total pessimist and believe that most people are useless but not intentionally, lol.  I would give them the benefit of the doubt until you have reason not to, then go after them, guns blazings if need be.  

From what I remember here... a lot of dealers only discount floor models a couple hundred dollars, but I know some people IRL are able to really save a bundle going that route.  I think the main thing is its not what you thought you bought.  You need to be satisified and get whatever it takes to get that whether it is they (the dealer) find a way to get the spa out of your property and give you a full refund and you go from there or they give you new filters, a manual, new cartridges, a satisfactory discount, and a an apology for the inconvenience and mistake.

Like others have said, I would stay calm for now and just really try to get to the bottom of what happend.  And give them a chance to rectify the situation.... they have a good repuatation for a reason I imagine.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 11:31:21 am by Brookenstein »

ORANGEPEEL

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2006, 11:30:55 am »
Just asking a clairification question:
Since you wet tested the floor model and I assume did some price bargaining, was the sale made on the assumption that you were bargaining on the floor model that you wet tested?
Does your sales agreement specify a new unit, give a serial number, or give any referrence to a "floor model"?
Not taking sides on this issue since I wasn't there when you did your bargaining.
But it doesn't appear that the dealer tried to make this look like it was a brand new "in-the-box" unit.
I could be wrong, and you are being taken advantage of.
I'm not a dealer, just a tub user, but am in a profession that reqiures everything to be clearly specified in writing before signing anything.
Good luck.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 11:32:45 am by ORANGEPEEL »

bohms

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2006, 12:36:54 pm »
OrangePeel - NO...we NEVER mentioned anything about wanting a floor model and on our contract (or receipt) with them, there is a spot for Floor Model and it is NOT checked.  I just got off the phone with the Sales Mgr and he's coming to my house in an hour and a half and he's going to look at the model #'s etc.  For some reason our salesguy is nowhere to be found so they can't even discuss it with him.  He thinks that maybe there were 3 or 4 of them in the lot and the delivery guys picked up the wrong one.  Sounds like BS to me but I'm going to give them a chance to make good on it.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2006, 12:45:01 pm »
Thanks everyone for your responses.
Any Marquis dealers out there with advice???
I would be happy to help with advice...PM me with you phone # and I will see what I can do to help between you and the dealer. I know most of them....

Here is how I would handle it from my store, I would give you new steps, send a tech out to clean up any marks and have him bring new filters. Then I would give you an in store credit for maintenance products that would be fair to both.

The bottom line is this, you got the model you wanted but it was a wet display, this doesn't make it less of what you wanted. The dealer doesn't get a discount for the floor display but should by all means disclose to you that your getting a display.

I should have Never come dirty and with dirty filters....The delivery crew should have taken care of the on the spot! You should have also received new steps.

We have this happen from time to time where a salesperson did not make the customer understand that the price was on the floor model or didn't ask if the customer preferred a new one so the delivery crew brought out the floor display without knowing.

I blamed the salesperson for not communicating with the customer well, then the delivery crew for not going through the spa with a fine tooth comb to make sure it was clean and ready (Even when you buy a floor model you expect it clean and new filters) and after having discussions with my crew paid to correct their mistakes with the customer.

jfish63

• 2002 HS Grandeee
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2006, 01:04:01 pm »
Stuart your solution would not even come close to making me happy with a 9k plus purchase. The things you mention are what should have been done if a floor model was the purchase but for considerable less money.

sledjunkie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2006, 01:07:57 pm »
jfish I agree 100%.

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2006, 01:14:09 pm »
The bottom line is this, you got the model you wanted but it was a wet display, this doesn't make it less of what you wanted.
Wow, I definitely don't follow that logic.  As a buyer what I want is a NEW spa which, in my eyes, couldn't be more different than a used demo.  Being the the same model doesn't even come close to being what I "wanted"!
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2006, 01:14:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42