What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hydrotherapy  (Read 2891 times)

glastron

• no one doesnt like spatopia
Hydrotherapy
« on: October 04, 2006, 12:06:43 am »
Can anyone offer any suggestions for a 3-4 person spa with thigh,hip,calf jets ?seems the few that have these are the huge ones and since theres only the two of us 90% of the time we really dont have a need for a big spa just the benifits as mentioned.thx

Hot Tub Forum

Hydrotherapy
« on: October 04, 2006, 12:06:43 am »

salesdvl

Re: Hydrotherapy
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 11:27:56 am »
L.A. Spas makes a couple that can be configured with alot of jets down the legs of the lounger.  vThe Allure and the Fantasy for example.
Measure once, cut twice.

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 11:44:58 am »
Our Dimension 1 Diplomat works well on these areas.  It's only a 325 gallon spa.
If I could just chew through these restraints...

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 02:09:26 pm »
Can anyone offer any suggestions for a 3-4 person spa with thigh,hip,calf jets ?seems the few that have these are the huge ones and since theres only the two of us 90% of the time we really dont have a need for a big spa just the benifits as mentioned.thx
WOW, this is a great question. When my wife and I began our search for a hot tub, some of the features we wanted were leg jets. Unfortunately, IMO, one of the greatest deficiencies in almost all mfgs' product lines is equipping their units with leg jets as they almost all focus on the back. Obviously, they do so since most chronic problems are back related, but for still active sports guys like me, we also want jets as you have descibed. Yours is a tall order for 6-7 person tubs let alone for a 3-4 person spa. We went big and bought the Arctic Tundra which has jets for all 3 areas - hips, thighs, and calves, one of very few in that class meeting those needs. But the choices really narrow when you get to the smaller units. My research indicates your best choices are the D1 Diplomat (as noted by GoBlue) which addresses calves with the lounge and the hips with one chair. Unfortunately no jets for the thighs. Calspas' model S705 (5 person) has a lounge for thighs, calves and hips, 1 chair for calves and 1 chair for hips. I've not wet tested Cals but they are a big mfg and worth taking a look. They seem to best address your needs with this model. Finally, Arctic offers their Cub (4-5 person), which has a lounge for thighs and calves and one chair for hips. I may have missed some others but for the major brands, these are your choices in the smaller models with the jets you want.

pg_rider

• I've been Optima-ized
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 02:52:00 pm »
Perhaps a Master LSX700 with it's XTreme Therapy seat (upper right corner)?

Or even smaller, the 557:

I for one would love to see how well it works on the legs!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 02:53:03 pm by pg_rider »
Paul G.
2006 Sundance Optima

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 08:37:08 pm »
I have a tiny spa. Solana TX. If a part of me needs some relief, I find a way to get it to the jet. For a smaller spa you may have to improvise a bit. Test soak a few smaller spas from your favorite dealer and go with it. You'll be happy you did. Just plain hot water helps immensely. Good Luck!
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

glastron

• no one doesnt like spatopia
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 12:09:10 am »
yea i have a new marquis 315 i can get it to to workout if i move around abit but probably upgrade after this winter.Actually i was thinking around Jan-Feb from what i read demand is really low that time of year.

cinlo

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 12:21:37 pm »
Check out the PDC line.  The LX series has a Bermuda and an Aruba model, each with around 350 gallons.  They have a lounge seat with nice thigh jets.  In their SE series there is an even smaller spa, the Antero, with nice thigh and calf jets, 2-3 person, 200 gallons.

gturn

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 02:13:01 pm »
I think that if you have room for a full sized spa, you will wish you had got a full sized spa.  With a full sized spa you have a lot more therapy options.  I don't like the lounge seats myself, I have talked to lots of others who have said the same thing.  Very few second time spa owners buy the lounge. The lounge seats just blow you up.  You don't need a lounge chair to get good options for legs and thighs, you can sit sideways and use the jets in the next seat for your legs.  In the water you can lounge in any seat, try wet tests and you will see.  A good 6 person spa will give you better therapy options even if only used by 2 people most of the time, you move from seat to seat for different jet configurations.  Then if you have company over you are not stuck with a 3 seater.  My spa has a foot dome, with 4 volcano jets, I love that feature for the feet, and thighs.  I can get my legs real well sitting in a corner seat and turning sideways, I have one center seat with a lot of jets that work real well on the legs.  I think that most of the posters here will tell you that most of the time their spas are only used by 1 or 2 people, but they are glad they bought a full sized spa, I use mine about 5 times per week and my wife only uses it 1 or 2 times a week, but I use all 6 seats every time.  Good Luck
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 02:29:45 pm by gturn »

Bama

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2006, 04:33:14 pm »

I agree with Salesdevil.  I think LA Spa may be the answer.

My doctor prescribed a tub for me for hydrotherapy and some basic excercises.
While I got the largest tub available, the Paradise H-2,  to accomodate my exercises, you may only need the smaller LA Spa Solara, which is a smaller versior on the Paradise H-2, but still has the  jets where you need them.   The jets are strong and well designed.
I got two lounge seats and two neck supports, but then I need the support, since I can't hold myself up long.   Decide what it is that you really need and be sure to "wet test" your tub prior to purchasing.
 Good luck.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 04:35:22 pm by Bama »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2006, 04:33:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42