What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spas for Shorties??  (Read 4203 times)

tumbleweed

• HotTub'n
Re: Spas for Shorties??
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2006, 11:25:44 pm »
Stuart,
What model is that and where can I get one?  My wife is kinda on the short side too. ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2006, 11:25:44 pm »

Bama

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2006, 02:36:33 pm »
go to:
http://www.americastophottubsandspas.com
to find the specs on 25 of the top brands.  You can see the depth of each tub in the specs.  However, that's only a rough guide.  To see if a tub fits you, you MUST wet test.  
I too, am short.  My personal choice was the LA spa, but I'm not you.
Good luck in finding the perfect tub for you.
Bama

shabba34

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2006, 03:10:49 pm »
The Prodigy is probably the best spa in the HS line for the vertically challenged...

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2006, 04:24:39 pm »
In the Coleman line there are two that come to mind, the 104 and the 351 are both low profile spas. Both are 29" tall.

In the Jacuzzi line there are two low profile spas the 315 and the 325 and they are 34" high.

Don't get too hung up on the outside heith of the spa because what really matters is how deep you sit in seats.

I don't know how many you want this spa to seat, but most low profile spas don't seat more than four. The reason behind this is that a low profile spa will go through a standard door. In order for this to happen the other measurments can't be longer than a door is high.

Good luck and try to wet test anything you're looking at.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2006, 04:40:01 pm »
In the Coleman line there are two that come to mind, the 104 and the 351 are both low profile spas. Both are 29" tall.

I wouldn't be limiting myself to spas that are 30" or less. My wife is 5'2" (rounding up) so I know what you mean but you can go a lot deeper and still be comfortable IMO (it's not as if you're Mini-Me). I think you'd be fine in spas that are 34" for instance (unless you're all legs and a short torso).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Brookenstein

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2006, 04:43:46 pm »

I wouldn't be limiting myself to spas that are 30" or less. My wife is 5'2" (rounding up) so I know what you mean but you can go a lot deeper and still be comfortable IMO (it's not as if you're Mini-Me). I think you'd be fine in spas that are 34" for instance (unless you're all legs and a short torso).

I agree.  Wet test and just see what you fit in....
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 04:44:06 pm by Brookenstein »

wesj53

• 2006 Arctic Tundra Legend SE
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2006, 01:59:32 pm »
Any recommendations for a spa for those of us that are height-challenged??  I'm  5'3" and am having a hard time finding a comfortable spa.
TIA!!
 :) :)
My wife and I looked for spas for over 6 weeks and probably wet tested over 12 models and 8 mfgs. She is only 4'11" and did have trouble with a lot of tubs being too deep and/or floating in lounges. I am 5'11" so we had some difficulty pleasing both of us. We found the following spas to be the best for us - Artesian Platinum series and the Arctic Tundra. There were some other tubs comfortable for us (D1, Hot Springs, Sundance) but the former 2 also had the most jets for the money! We finally decided on the Arctic due to it's 4 corner seats (which are slightly reclined and feel like loungers) all with armrests and 3 cool down seats, with EVERY seat having a slightly different level. The 4 corners immersed my wife to the neck, and the 3 cool downs immersed her (1) from about the shoulders, (2) to the breastplate, and (3) to about the waist. We bought the "Cadillac" version (Legend SE) so there are jets for every part of the body, from the neck to the feet (7) and including hips, thighs, and calves. It was $2k more than the Platinum series but we thought more of the Heatlock system than the FF (see my post on 'who is telling the truth, Arctic or Beachcomber?') I hope all this helps and good luck!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2006, 01:59:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42