What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spas for Shorties??  (Read 4202 times)

GoldenGirl

Spas for Shorties??
« on: September 18, 2006, 10:36:01 am »
Any recommendations for a spa for those of us that are height-challenged??  I'm  5'3" and am having a hard time finding a comfortable spa.
TIA!!
 :) :)

Hot Tub Forum

Spas for Shorties??
« on: September 18, 2006, 10:36:01 am »

96SC

Re: Spas for Shorties??
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 10:47:19 am »
GoldenGirl
Do a search using, Vertically Challenged, you'll get several hits and hopefully some good information.

Good Luck
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 10:49:23 am »
Any recommendations for a spa for those of us that are height-challenged??  I'm  5'3" and am having a hard time finding a comfortable spa.
TIA!!

Hey GG,  I'm not too tall. I'm about 5'6" and my wife is about 5'4.   My wife was drowing in some of the more popular tubs, but we found the Tiger River Caspian perfect for us.   I'm sure there are probably many other out there too.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 10:51:34 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

GoldenGirl

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 11:07:34 am »
Apparently I'm more than just vertically challenged!  I ran a search on those terms and only came up with your post!   :-[

96SC

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 11:31:54 am »
Ooops :-[

Where it asks 'The post was made in the last'....the default is week,  use year, instead.

Sorry
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 11:33:19 am by 96SC »
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

anne

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 03:42:34 pm »
I'm 5'3"- ish, and here's my limited experience:

Tried 2 LA tub models- I think HEET and Oasis- both too tall for me
Coleman (471?472? cant remember) had one seat way too deep for me, but the rest were ok
HS Envoy and Tiger River Bengal were ok
Caldera- tried 2 models, and they may have just been overfilled, but I  had to sit up VERY tall to keep my chin out of the water. Not relaxing.
D1- Californian and Chairman- each had one seat too deep for me.

Basically, I think you can adapt to most tubs by alterting the fill level a bit, but you want all the jets to be submerged. The tubs that have those bulky neck rests and neck jets are the most limiting, since you almost have to fit your neck in a "yoke" to sit in the seat. Lots of tubs have seats of various depths to accomodate different body types, so even in your dream tub, there may be one seat that ends up being not as usable to you to a taller partner/friend/family member. There is one seat in my Arctic that is deep enough that I dont like to use it with the bubbler on, since I continually get splashed in the face, but with just jets on or still water, it is great.  
Dance like nobody's watching

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 04:32:23 pm »
Alot of tubs are up to 39 inches tall.

But for example the Hot Springs JetSetter tub is only 29 inches tall.

CalSpa offers several spas at 32 and even 30 inches tall.

I would guess if you stay away from the 35-40 inch tubs
you will find it more to your liking.

I suppose the shorter spas do not require steps and are
easier to get in and out of too.

Wet test some shorter tubs and see what ya think.

;)

Hammster

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 05:38:40 pm »
Our Sundance Capri is pretty low. Don't even need a step to get in it. We are both around 5'7.

Zep

• Cal Spas SQ92 Dallas-Texas
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 06:36:08 pm »
yep the Sundance Capri is 30.5 inches tall.

In Canada eh

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 07:31:41 pm »
TIA!!

GoldenGirl,

This was a issue for us when we were shopping for our tub.  I believe it was someone from this site that advised us to look for a seating position that had a relatively straight (up and down) back, keeping your centre of gravity down in the seat.  When dealing with a lounger look for a straight back and one that raises your knees, or is shaped in a kind of "W".  Back straight, knees up, feet down.  I can't remember who it was that posted this but they were right, my wife is 5'2" and 105lbs and she doesn't float in our corner or lounger seat.  By the way we purchased a Bullfrog 451 and love it!

Good luck shopping and keep us informed
Bullfrog 451

barshnik

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2006, 09:01:07 pm »
I was going to recomment the Sundance Capri myself, others have beaten me to it.  My wife and I (both about 5'10") found it just slighty short - but a great spa nonetheless.  High quality, well designed, and might fit you just right.  Sundance has dealers most everywhere - not the cheapest, but good quality.

We wound up with an Artisian, which if anything, would work better for folks slightly taller than us, as the 2 'recliners' are actually quite upright.  We love it, though - although I have to fudge and sit backwards to get calf jet action in two of the seats.

The Sundance was actually our first choice, but I didn't care for the attitude of the local dealer, and the Artisian Falcon Cove was as comfortable, plus I wanted to support a local mfgr., plus slightly cheaper for a high quality tub.

John F
LV, NV

Brookenstein

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2006, 11:07:14 pm »
I'm only 5' and while I don't think the Envoy was custom built for me, I think I fit in it just fine.  In fact my husband is 6' and I think it fits us both well.    In the lounger, I can't feel the foot jets unless I stretch out... but thats fine by me.  Often times after I've used the lounger for the neck jets and moto masage, I sit on the knee portion as a cool down seat and then get the best foot massage from the foot well jets directly below. I use 3 of the 5 seats nightly on average.

MarKee

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2006, 02:52:42 am »
Marquis has three 29.5" models; the Retreat, the Rendezvous, and the 315.  You should add those to your list to check out.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2006, 09:31:21 pm »
I'm 5'0".  I own a Vanguard!!  I suggest you wet test any and all that you can find that you like!!!  Any and all!!!  I was shopping 3 years ago, so some I tried are not available anymore, but I found the Vanguard, there was a Sundance model that worked really quite well, there were a couple in the LA Spas line that worked.  As a matter of fact, the sales person at LA specifically picked models for me to try based on the fact I liked the Vanguard so well!  I think the Fiji was one of them, but don't remember!  

Let the wet test be your guide, and you will know how each feels to you!  Wet testing is truly the only way to know if a tub is right for you!  

Good luck!!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2006, 11:13:15 pm »
Might I suggest....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2006, 11:13:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42