What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: "C" series Caldera spa.....help needed please  (Read 8432 times)

PattiB

"C" series Caldera spa.....help needed please
« on: September 15, 2006, 01:51:06 pm »
Hello :)

Another newbie question. We are very interested in the C series of Caldera line. Just need to ask if anyone can confirm what I have concluded about this series of tubs. We are in Ontario, Canada. The C30 tub we are looking at is selling for $6995.00  That 's including ozonator, steps, cover, and chemicals. From what we can see, the colors are limited, it's missing a few jets, it only has one  4.8 BHP dual speed pump, and no stereo. What it does have is very impressive to us. It is very comparible to the Geneva, we think!! Bottom line is can anyone tell us if this is a good tub for that price. Our next step would be to get a price on a comparible tub and try to match apples to apples. We are wet testing this C series tub in the morning. THanks for any help and suggestions...

Hot Tub Forum

"C" series Caldera spa.....help needed please
« on: September 15, 2006, 01:51:06 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: "C" series Caldera spa.....help needed please
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 03:05:18 pm »
Do you mean the C series in the Coyote (Artic) line?

I looked at Artics website and did not see a C-30.  http://www.coyotespas.com/index.php?page=showroom

Caldera did not have anything like that.  do you have an internet link?
07 Caldera Geneva

Styx555

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 03:16:22 pm »
The C series is a Caldera line that only certain dealers carry. I am in Ottawa and know that CLub Pro is one of these dealers. We also looked at this tub however quickly noticed that it was a low end Caldera tub. Essentially, low end jets, low end insulation, etc. We essentially eliminated this tub from our list and found better tubs for similar prices.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 03:33:50 pm »
Thats interesting.  Do they have info on the web ? I  am curious.
07 Caldera Geneva

Styx555

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 09:21:51 pm »
Thats interesting.  Do they have info on the web ? I  am curious.

No info on the web. I called Caldera and they told me that the only info is from the dealer.

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 12:41:20 am »
drewster,

Not sure all of the retailers that sell the "C" series, but I know that our local Watson's sells both the C30 as well as their other brand C45.  We looked at both tubs before settling on SunDance, and from what we were told and shown, Caldera brought out the C series to compete head to head with other "mid level" tubs in the sub $7000.00 price range.  They can be ordered with stereo, however, for the most part they seemed like a pretty nice tub, just without some of the bells and whistles.
I just looked at both Caldera's and Watson's web site and they do not show them, but it is a tub made by Caldera.

Jr

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 06:06:43 am »
Only trying to offer a suggestion here but Marquis has just come out with some new additions that seem to be like the Caldera you are looking but for the same price of just under 6k you can get 41 jets, 2 pumps, ozone with synthetic siding and up graded cover.......from the specs I see this would seem to maybe more tub......

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 07:28:04 am »
Only trying to offer a suggestion here but Marquis has just come out with some new additions that seem to be like the Caldera you are looking but for the same price of just under 6k you can get 41 jets, 2 pumps, ozone with synthetic siding and up graded cover.......from the specs I see this would seem to maybe more tub......

Of course it is, it's not a Watkins product!  ;D

Spiderman

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 12:30:02 pm »

our local Watson's sells both the C30 as well as their other brand C45.

Jr

Is Watson's similar to Watkins Manufacturing??   ::)    J/K  Anyways, I'm still lost as to what the heck a C series Caldera tub is.  Is this something only available in Canada??  Caldera also has the Oasis line, which is pretty much a bottom end tub, but they also have the Highland series, which is better than the Oasis.  Besides those they have Paradise, Aquatic Melodies and Utopia lines.  I'm not familiar with any others.  Correct me if I'm wrong.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

PattiB

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 05:31:18 pm »
Thank you everyone for your help. This C series is available to certain Canadian dealers from what I am told. We are seriously considering a C45. It is very close to the Geneva. 6 seater. lounger. 2 pumps 4.8 bhp. one single speed and one dual speed. 45 jets. water fall. 2 diverter valves filter 75 sq ft. gfci breaker. underwater lighting. ozonator. colours are champagne opal - redwood or coastal gray. or sterling marble- coastal gray only. warranty is 10 year shell . 7 yr shell surface. five yr.no leak plumbing. 3 yr cabinet. 5 yr equipment and controls. chemicals. cover- butler. stairs. $9000.00 cdn.  What do you think... good price ...?// We wet tested today and it fit well with our family. They also sell C30. Scaled down version of above with 30 jets. $7900.00 cdn. Please let us know what you think....

Vanguard

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2006, 12:08:38 am »
The C-series is a great line of spas from Caldera.  You can't go wrong with it.  For less money than a full fledged Geneva, you get the C-45.  I'd go for it.  It is built with the same quality as all the other Caldera spas as it comes down the same line.  Caldera has a great line of spas and building quite a good reputation out in marketplace.

Go For It, I say.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2006, 12:57:47 am »
Spiderman,

Here is a link to my local Watson's store.  They sell quite a few items.  http://www.watsons.com/default.cfm?locID=4

We live in Missouri and the Watson's I saw this tub was also in Missouri, so I know they are distributed outside of Canada.  Maybe just not as widespread as others.

Like has been pointed out, they seemed like a pretty nice tub for the money.  They had less bells and whistles than the premium Caldera line, but to get the price down, I suppose they would have to eliminate things.

You can also buy them with a stereo (C30S and C45S) for I believe it was $1000 more.  I am pretty sure we were quoted $6400 for the C30 and $7200 for the C45.

Jr

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2006, 03:51:19 am »
C series is made by Caldera. Great tub for the price. Biggest difference is that there is no circulation pump in the C series and also no exterior SpaGlo lighting system. There is lighting on the inside that changes color, similar to the Highland Series, but no exterior lighting, no circ pump, no air blower no stainless jets. If you don't place a high emphasis on any of those items, then go for it. The c-45 is a great tub, with a great warranty from a great manufacturer.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2006, 03:51:19 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42