What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What's the better investment?  (Read 27727 times)

GCLOUD911

• Need some sun for my cloud!
What's the better investment?
« on: July 18, 2005, 01:17:06 am »
OK,

Now, I know this is off the hot tub subject...which is why I posted this message on the General BS page.  ;D

Seeing as we decided to hold off on the spa for awhile to work on finishing our basement...which we haven't started yet, other than drawing up the plans...need some opinions, please??

Finishing the basement or buying a plot of land with deeded access to a lake with a nice sandy beach...which is the better investment?

We went to my parents' new cottage this weekend and they have deeded access to a nice lake without lakefront taxes!!  Was searching online and found a really nice 1.58 acre lot with deeded access to 2 beaches on a waterski lake and by a hiking trail.  Also found a property with just a little 765 sq ft cottage on a 100x200 lot with access to lake.  

Would be nice to have a getaway, but we can go to my parents cottage if we wish...would also be nice to have that "getaway" at home in the basement, too.

Thanks in advance! ;D

Hot Tub Forum

What's the better investment?
« on: July 18, 2005, 01:17:06 am »

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
Re: What's the better investment?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 08:45:39 am »
If you can afford the land I would go for it!  I know here in MN lake property is a hot item and is getting harder and harder to find at a reasonable price.  It's amazing how land appreciates in value over a short period of time, especially lake property.  You mention the fact that it's a waterskiing lake- how's the fishing?
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 11:28:47 am »
Get the land, they aren't making any more of it.

OK,

Now, I know this is off the hot tub subject...which is why I posted this message on the General BS page.  ;D

Seeing as we decided to hold off on the spa for awhile to work on finishing our basement...which we haven't started yet, other than drawing up the plans...need some opinions, please??

Finishing the basement or buying a plot of land with deeded access to a lake with a nice sandy beach...which is the better investment?

We went to my parents' new cottage this weekend and they have deeded access to a nice lake without lakefront taxes!!  Was searching online and found a really nice 1.58 acre lot with deeded access to 2 beaches on a waterski lake and by a hiking trail.  Also found a property with just a little 765 sq ft cottage on a 100x200 lot with access to lake.  

Would be nice to have a getaway, but we can go to my parents cottage if we wish...would also be nice to have that "getaway" at home in the basement, too.

Thanks in advance! ;D

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 01:20:26 pm »
Since your parents already own the land, perhaps we should know if your in the will and if your an only child ;)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

GCLOUD911

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 01:30:08 am »
Since your parents already own the land, perhaps we should know if your in the will and if your an only child ;)

No, no, no, silly!!!  My parents own a different property and we happen to be looking for land also...

Actually, my Dad always teased my brother and I as we were growing up that the first one to give him grandkids would be cut out of the will!!!  Well, my brother doesn't have any kids (except for their dog which we refer to as the "granddogger" to my Mom and Dad  ;D) and after seeing the way my Dad is so gaga with our daughter, I'm pretty sure Bumpa still has me included in the will...??  Although, I haven't asked him!

GCLOUD911

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 01:33:02 am »
Get the land, they aren't making any more of it.

Funny you say that...that is the exact terminology I used!  My husband seemed pretty set on the basement...but he also has been e-mailing me listings of properties to look at!!!  I know I have his wheels turning!   :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 01:33:02 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42