What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is this considered a Full Foam Spa?  (Read 12187 times)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Is this considered a Full Foam Spa?
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2006, 11:00:48 am »
sounds like the Soviets and the US stockpiling Nukes.

How 'bout if we lower this to Devcon II and disarm?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2006, 11:00:48 am »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2006, 11:09:21 am »

Good grief....all I wanted to know is if this is what some of ya'll refer to as full foam.  I thought maybe my idea of full foam was different than some of ya'lls.

It wasn't a full foam spa, Markee explained that, I told him I was satisfied, and that's that.

Merry Christmas!

Terminator
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 11:14:09 am by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

shabba34

« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2006, 11:20:00 am »
Good grief....all I wanted to know is if this is what some of ya'll refer to as full foam.  I thought maybe my idea of full foam was different than some of ya'lls.

It wasn't a full foam spa, Markee explained that, I told him I was satisfied, and that's that.

Merry Christmas!

Terminator
Your question was valid and it was promply explained in a reply...It seems that one has jumped to faulty conclusions on the overtone of your original post, taken personally due to ties to the product. ;)

.....back down to devcon II for ya spatech t.u.o.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2006, 12:26:12 pm »
Your question was valid and it was promply explained in a reply...It seems that one has jumped to faulty conclusions on the overtone of your original post, taken personally due to ties to the product. ;)

.....back down to devcon II for ya spatech t.u.o.

lol...that's really pathetic ....lets see someone post something that is less than faltering and not accurate about the HS product and see if it goes unnoticed .....please have the sac to not be so hypocritical.....it would be no different than if someone pulled out pictures of some of those old fire causing heaters and said humm is this what Hot Springs is doing...come on be little bit more of stand up person...

shabba34

« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2006, 12:47:36 pm »
lol...that's really pathetic ....lets see someone post something that is less than faltering and not accurate about the HS product and see if it goes unnoticed .....please have the sac to not be so hypocritical.....it would be no different than if someone pulled out pictures of some of those old fire causing heaters and said humm is this what Hot Springs is doing...come on be little bit more of stand up person...
Term posted a question and it was answered promptly!  My statements were made in rebuttle to the hypersensitive comments made by another...You can lick my sac for thinking I'm being hypocritical.  I'm not the one whining that there are shots being taken.  The HS product is put under scrutiny everyday on this site and others as much as it is praised, and I personally stay out of the bickering as much as possible.  Pal, you don't know me well enough  to determine if I'm a stand up person or not, but I know I don't claim superiority of my product anywhere near the rhelm that you do.  I see that you're just backing up your boy, but know when it's the pot calling the kettle black. ::)  

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2006, 12:57:33 pm »
Chas posted this on one of the other forums regarding "the HotSpring heater fires".  He did an excellent job of illuminating the disinformation and outright lies being propogated on this subject.

It has been edited in order to fit.

On 5/9/2006 2:48:28 AM, James Arjuna wrote:
>In Dec 2001

NOTE: this 'news' is over five years old. The voluntary recall sponsored by HotSpring took care of the issue to the point that the CPSC no longer has the recall listed, and HotSpring no longer has to mention it on any web site. It's over - taken care of. Finished.

>Hot Spring spas
>had a heater recall of 142,000
>heaters.
Yup - the number was actually higher, but I can't see why it matters. Other than to prove how many tubs HS sells: that 140,000+ number shows the immense selling power of a quality product, and the fact that HS has sold 700,000 tubs to date is why they were able to take care of ALL those tubs. Smaller companies - especially Mom and Pop resellers who modify other people's engineering and void ETL listing - would never have been able to fully handle a recall of this number of tubs. BTW - the 'recall' was to add an insulator to each end of the heater. The owner could do it in ten minutes, but if for some reason they were not able to, HS would pay a tech to go take care of it at no charge.

>I know people who's hot spring
>spa caught fire on their deck.
Prove it. But even if it really is true, I would bet that HS took complete care of them.

>The problem is that when you
>place a 6,000 watt heater on a
>heater that was originally
>designed for 1500 watts with a
>tiny circulation pump, you are
>asking for overheat problems.
>There simply was not enough
>water flow to keep the heaters
>from overheating.
This is completely false, and shows a total lack of understanding of the simple facts. HS has used that exact type of system for it's entire 29 years - 700,000 tubs plus. It works. I have one in my backyard that has been working for around ten years. I have sold them since 1987 - there are two working right now on my showroom floor. I'm very sorry you just can't understand the obvious, Jim, but these spas do in fact work, and work well.
The reason the heaters failed has NOTHING to do with flow. The heater maker - TrueHeat - used a crimped connection in two critical junctions. Those got hot. Very few did anything other than stop heating. NO heater with the upgrade burned anything, and anyone who suffered a loss of any kind was made whole again. Jim, you have just heard the correct story - so you no longer have to live in ignorance or accidentally post the wrong information.
>
>You may recall that many
>thousands of them actually
>burst at the seams when the
>pump stopped running.
No, they didn't.

>
>It was a bad design, because
>it does not follow the ANSI
>safety standards for heater
>high limits of 122 degrees F
>maximum temp inside the
>heater.

It worked fine except for the choice to use that crimped connector. The water goes by a temperature probe which triggers a shutdown if the water happens to be 118 degrees F or more. That will happen if the the filter gets plugged, and the little power light on the front of the spa will begin to blink to let you know. You simply clean the filter, restart the spa and it will go about it's business again. The water leaving the heater CANNOT be over that temp, or the system shuts down. So - unfortunately, you are in error Jim: the UL listing the heater carried was fine, the ETL (using UL standards) still certifies the tub to this day. The new heater also has the same temp sensor system.

>The other issue with Hot
>Spring is that they do not
>have dual suctions on each
>pump according to the ANSI.

Jim, just today I read a post in which you say something about people who do not want to learn. If I had a dollar for every time you have posted this garbage I could retire. The HS system exceeds the ANSI suggestions. HS would never settle for taking the ANSI suggestions and building a spa - that would work for a small-potato operation, but you don't get to be #1 that way. HS engineers not only exceed the suggestions, but they have added to the filtration by putting two suctions on each jet pump, and then outfitting those suctions with a filter. As I have said countless times Jim, I would LOVE to see you try to get stuck on a filter. BTW - I really mean that Jim.

Shoppers: HS has been eating the lunch of Mom and Pop spa companies like Jim's for so long that they tend to get bitter and begin acting hateful. I'm sorry you have to read this, but think: the engineers at Watkins literally helped to FORM the ANSI standards for tubs. They still have engineers who sit on the various committees and boards. ETL uses the UL standard - which Watkins helped Roy Jacuzzi to formulate close to thirty years ago. These tubs would not be the best selling units in the world if they were unsafe. But I am sure most of you realize that this man is raling against a competitor.
>
>
It makes NO SENSE at all to try to get information about a product from it's competitors.

Chas

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2006, 01:05:20 pm »
Term,

I agree with you.....It would be wrong and not accurate to post about this....particularly since it is old news .....You asked about an 8 year old spa....that has little in common with TODAYS SPA.......I hope you can see that there is little difference in the two.... foam on an 8 year old Marquis or Fires and Heaters on an 5 year old Hot Springs......both do not apply to today's products.....
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 01:05:54 pm by Mendocino101 »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2006, 01:47:40 pm »
Term,

I agree with you.....

Thank you.  I realize that Marquis DOES use full foam presently (thanks to Markee's aforementioned post).  But the original picture did not portray what I consider to be full foam.  It was thermal pane.

And now I understand. :)

Didn't mean to hurt anybody's feelings.  I just wanted to make sure we were all talking about the same thing.

Terminator
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 01:55:33 pm by East_TX_Spa »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2006, 04:48:11 pm »
Term posted a question and it was answered promptly!  My statements were made in rebuttle to the hypersensitive comments made by another...You can lick my sac for thinking I'm being hypocritical.  I'm not the one whining that there are shots being taken.  The HS product is put under scrutiny everyday on this site and others as much as it is praised, and I personally stay out of the bickering as much as possible.  Pal, you don't know me well enough  to determine if I'm a stand up person or not, but I know I don't claim superiority of my product anywhere near the rhelm that you do.  I see that you're just backing up your boy, but know when it's the pot calling the kettle black. ::)  

lol...wow the arrogrance....I mention fires as a example and in 5 minutes there is a novel posted about them just in case something might actually get said....I used it as a example of how posting pictures of any product that is old and does not represent what the current product is is unfair to anyone....living in Florida and being close to Disneyland must make it like Fantasy-land for you and regards to the licking of your sac....and to me and talking about the superiority of our product show me the post....If I ever mention anything it has always been when someone is over stating something about our product or their own....Or when I spoke about the believe in our product but in the same sentence mention that I am sure others feel the same about thiers....

shabba34

« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2006, 05:26:24 pm »
lol...wow the arrogrance....I mention fires as a example and in 5 minutes there is a novel posted about them just in case something might actually get said....I used it as a example of how posting pictures of any product that is old and does not represent what the current product is is unfair to anyone....living in Florida and being close to Disneyland must make it like Fantasy-land for you and regards to the licking of your sac....and to me and talking about the superiority of our product show me the post....If I ever mention anything it has always been when someone is over stating something about our product or their own....Or when I spoke about the believe in our product but in the same sentence mention that I am sure others feel the same about thiers....
First off, I didn't post that heater dissertation.

Here is your most recent superiority quote:

I think this board has changed here of late ...I am not going to try and say what I feel is the best but some the things written in this thread are simply inaccurate...I recently had the chance to look at several different makes in the last thirty days and I think if you look at all three tubs and if you can take an 8 year old with you and in about 10 minutes they can tell you which of the three is the better built spa....its not tough to see when looked at with eyes wide open.....

So your not going to try and say what you feel is "best", but you continue to state what you feel is best anyways...And then disrespect the other two products in question by saying even an 8 year old can tell you which product to buy.  NICE!

By the way, Disney Land is in CA and Disney World is in FL.  I live nowhere close.   

« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 05:37:23 pm by pkud »

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2006, 05:32:12 pm »
Wow, instead of beating a dead horse they should call this section beating the crap out of each other.

Peace :-* :-* :-*

spaman-

• "ANYTHING GOES AS LONG AS ITS FUNNY"-SPATECH-
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2006, 06:02:21 pm »
Lets get ready to rummmmbleeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! ;D
-SpaMan~

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2006, 06:04:33 pm »
Hold hands and sing it wif me:

Coon by ya'll, my Lawd, Coon by ya'll
Oh Lawd, Coon by ya'll.

Terminator

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2006, 06:07:39 pm »
First off, I didn't post that heater dissertation.

Here is your most recent superiority quote:

I think this board has changed here of late ...I am not going to try and say what I feel is the best but some the things written in this thread are simply inaccurate...I recently had the chance to look at several different makes in the last thirty days and I think if you look at all three tubs and if you can take an 8 year old with you and in about 10 minutes they can tell you which of the three is the better built spa....its not tough to see when looked at with eyes wide open.....

So your not going to try and say what you feel is "best", but you continue to state what you feel is best anyways...And then disrespect the other two products in question by saying even an 8 year old can tell you which product to buy.  NICE!

By the way, Disney Land is in CA and Disney World is in FL.  I live nowhere close.   

lol...I guess you had an eight year old look at the spas...I never said which was better but just tried to keep up with the posts and you know that "coy" thing that seems to be so popular here if late.....

spaman-

• "ANYTHING GOES AS LONG AS ITS FUNNY"-SPATECH-
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2006, 06:10:43 pm »
Hold hands and sing it wif me:

Oh Lawd, Coon by ya'll.

Terminator

ROTFLMAO!!!!!
-SpaMan~

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2006, 06:10:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42