What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: reflections spa -madrid  (Read 7496 times)

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
reflections spa -madrid
« on: August 07, 2006, 03:52:02 pm »
Does anyone know anything about this spa?  The dealer made some interesting points, but I was curious to get some feedback.  Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

reflections spa -madrid
« on: August 07, 2006, 03:52:02 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: reflections spa -madrid
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 03:56:32 pm »
I'm not familiar with them, but I'd be curious as to what points the dealer made.  There's a lot of hokey mumbo jumbo that's tossed about during presentations (I'm not saying this fella is doing it) and this forum is a great tool to help shoppers dissiminate information. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 05:24:41 pm »
Reflections Spas, is a vaue priced line produced by Vita Spas, of Miami Florida. It is basic, but decent quality. A little better than what can be found online or from the Big Box Stores. It is made for low price points. Not a lot of frills or options. Just a few models, 2 or 3 color choices. Be sure that the dealer selling the spa is committed to the spa business and has a qualified service tech on staff. Goodluck. Dave.

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 08:24:33 pm »
Reflections Spas, is a vaue priced line produced by Vita Spas, of Miami Florida. It is basic, but decent quality. A little better than what can be found online or from the Big Box Stores. It is made for low price points. Not a lot of frills or options. Just a few models, 2 or 3 color choices. Be sure that the dealer selling the spa is committed to the spa business and has a qualified service tech on staff. Goodluck. Dave.

I must respectfully disagree with Dave.

I own the 2006 Reflections Granada. Reflections is a probably slightly less fancy than the Vita line but it has 8 models each with 3 different levels of options with the top level having as many features as the Vita spa or in my opinion some of the other "big name" spas. There are at least 8 color options, maybe more (same colors as Vita essentially), for each spa with three different cabinet siding colors.

If you want it you can get LED lights, stereo, full foam, ozone, air blowers, aroma therapy etc. And the pumps and jets are plentiful, sufficiently varied and produce a lot of therapy power. I have 2 4hp 2 speed pumps and 1 3hp 1 speed pump plus a 24 hour circ pump. Too much power for me at full blast but just right for my girlfriend who likes it to peel the hide off. But I can turn mine down and then we are both comfortable. Better to have power and not need it than need it and not have it!

So far it has also been very energy efficient. We have not seen a spike in our power bills so far in 5 months but we live in the south and missed the coldest part of the year.

My dealer was both Vita and Reflections. I do not know if that is typical but I do know the parts between the two lines are essentially interchangeable. He could have been blowin smoke up my butt, and clearly Reflections CAN be a lower price point if you get the lower end model, but he indicated one of the reasons Reflections is branded differently is to give the company another name to bring into markets. I have no idea what this means exactly but I can say that it is vastly superior to what can be found online or in "Big Box" stores.

I bought mine this past March after wet testing it and at least a half dozen other makers. I found it equal to or superior to anything else I tested to include Hot Springs, Sundance, Jacuzzi, Bullfrog and others. It has some things I don't like but so did every other spa I tested.

I have only had it about 5 months so far but have had no problems. Would highly recommend them. Never wet tested a Madrid as I wanted a bigger spa but I believe the brand to be very reliable.

As for Dave's recommendation about the dealer I would agree. But that is true for the dealer of any brand.

In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 09:58:51 pm »
 Wow! Thanks, for the update on the Reflections Spas and the great snapshots. I appologise for posting old news and last years info for the Reflections line. Looks like Vita really turned it up a notch for this line. When the line was offered to me about a year or so back. It was introduced as a value line to me. It was limited to just a few models and colors, with little options. And at the time it was not for me. Here in the North East, Baystate Distributors sells the Reflections Spa Line, to Pool and Spa Stores. With many smaller Pool companies buying the line from distribution, they tend to buy 5 or 10 per year, that is why I recommended being sure the dealer has a qualified spa service tech on staff. But, you are right, now they are now offering 8 models and the line has taken on a new look and is available with more options and color choices. I am glad to hear you are enjoying your tub and it is great you posted and shared info about your experience with this line. Many folks ask about the line, but little info is available about Reflections online or otherwise, unless you see it at a local displaying dealer. Again thanks and keep enjoying the hot water. Dave.

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 09:21:31 am »
We looked at the Reflection spas.  We didn't want to drop $8,500 on a hot tub, so we looked at several "value-priced" hot tubs including Reflections.

The Reflection hot tub we looked at was a thermal pane insulated. The quality of the nobs, jets, etc. did not impress us.  I'm sure the higher end Reflection tubs are nicer and offer better ammenities, but they charge for those upgrades.  By the time you add those upgrades we found that the Artesian Island Grand Cayman to be a better value IMHO.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 09:21:31 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42