What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Shock  (Read 3195 times)

Stemay

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Shock
« on: July 30, 2006, 08:50:29 am »
My shock is 58.2% sodium dicholor-s-triazinetrone and 41.9% "other ingredents" whatever that is.   Can I use this as my daily dichlor treatment, or is it strictly for the weekly shock use?  

Hot Tub Forum

Shock
« on: July 30, 2006, 08:50:29 am »

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
Re: Shock
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 11:21:18 am »
Typically only for the weekly shock use.  It sounds like you got something similar to 'enhanced shock' from Bioguard.  It's basically a combination of dichlor and MPS.  Works great on bromine tubs and works okay on chlorine tubs.

If you hit it harder with it, you could use it as your daily dose, but it's not as cost-effective.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 11:25:09 am »
Since you bought your tub from the same place as me - it should be enhanced shock as this is what they prefer.

It is a combo of dichlor and MPS. The instructions they gave to me was to use this in conjunction with N2 and shock weekly with it but if I use the tub more often than 3x a week to use it mid week as well.

I have long used my 2 lb bottle and just use dichlor (mostly) and MPS that I buy from Doc.

Anoroc

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 05:25:32 pm »
I shock with the enhanced shock sorta on a weekly basis give or take a day or two.

It does a nice job of clearing up my cloudy water and I feel better because of the added dichlor

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 05:25:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42