What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Gas prices where you live?  (Read 21005 times)

RUBADUBDUB

Re: Gas prices where you live?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 10:17:57 pm »
79Cents CAD.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 10:17:57 pm »

anne

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2007, 10:35:26 pm »
$2.50-ish/ gal,  Northern California. I try not to look at the total when I fill my tank.
Dance like nobody's watching

mattNY

• '91 HS Highlife
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2007, 12:07:07 am »
here in upstate NY 2.32 TO 2.53 per gallon.

Ditto.  $2.41 today.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 12:07:27 am by mattNY »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2007, 05:33:32 am »
2.54 Gal Deisel. Gas is about 10-15 cents cheaper I think. And it cost me 80-90 bucks to fill also.
Retired

Frenchy

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2007, 06:13:55 am »
SIGH.....
Actually in France
1.15euro/liter  gasoline
0.97 euro/liter  diesel

Its why my car is not a Chevy !

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2007, 07:45:54 am »
I don't use it, but I'm wondering why diesel fuel has gotten to be more expensive than gasoline- at least in this area it is.  And by a significant amount- something like $0.40/gallon.  Diesel used to be cheaper than gasoline.  Wonder what's up with that?
Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2007, 12:59:35 pm »
$1.92 today while out at lunch picking up a new filter.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2007, 01:10:21 pm »
SIGH.....
Actually in France
1.15euro/liter  gasoline
0.97 euro/liter  diesel

Its why my car is not a Chevy !

Why would you even want a Chevy (unless it's a Corvette) or any other American car for that matter, when you can have any European car for less money.

Frenchy

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2007, 01:27:23 pm »
For less money ? i'm not sure, the cars here are pricey because the taxes are high
In fact, europeans cars needs less gasoline or diesel, especially moderns diesel motorisations
My Renault Modus (middle car like Golf VW) consumme 4.8l/100kms, not so bad !
And if i want a corvette, i go on Ebay, buy one, put it on the garage, just for cruising on Sunday....

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2007, 01:30:23 pm »
Are you saying that an equivalent level American car costs less in Europe then an equivalent level European car?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2007, 04:26:02 am »
I don't use it, but I'm wondering why diesel fuel has gotten to be more expensive than gasoline- at least in this area it is.  And by a significant amount- something like $0.40/gallon.  Diesel used to be cheaper than gasoline.  Wonder what's up with that?

HAHAHA good one Brewman!!!! Your in Minnesota right?.....Well you musta missed the Biodeisel mandatory memo. Make sure you get the right treatment and use it often. Something about the old power service treatment for winter additive not doing a well enough job on biosolids that can build up. Or get all your fuel from WS, which I do every chance I get.
Retired

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2007, 07:45:43 am »
Yeah, I'm in Minnesota, Land Of 10000 Mandates.  I don't use diesel fuel, I just happened one day to notice the price was somewhere around $2.89 per gallon when regular gasoline at the same place was somewhere around maybe $2.49.  
 This was a year or so back, and I was surprised.  Last I knew, diesel was always cheaper than gasoline.  

I was getting nervous when the state was talking about mandatory E20 in the next year or two.  That one bothered me because none of the vehicles I own is approved for anything beyond E10.  I especially don't want to run my boat on E-anything, let alone E20.  I think that idea fizzled, thankfully.  
Brewman

dkersten

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2007, 10:58:24 am »
I live in Billings, MT where there are 3 refineries.  They load up the gas and diesel in trucks and haul it 1000 miles and sell if for upwards of $.50 less per gallon than here.  Right now we are on par with the rest of the country at about $2.19 for the cheap stuff and about $2.80 for diesel.  

Diesel is a by product of creating gasoline from crude oil, but for the last about 18 months it has been more expensive than gasoline even though it costs about 30% less to make it.  The reason we are given is because much of it is being sent to Europe where there is higher demand, and much of it is being converted to heating oil because they can make more money doing that.  

When national gas prices started dropping from $3.00 a gallon a few months back, we had the second highest gas prices in the U.S., despite having the refineries right here in town (second only to Hawaii).  A radio show in the morning got fed up with it and started looking for an answer.  They finally got the governer of Montana in for an interview, and the answer he gave was that the refineries were responsible for the prices being so high, and the reason was because they could.  There was nothing the government could say or do about it.  

Meanwhile, Exxon continues to post 10 billion dollar profits per quarter.. Thats billion with a B.  And that is PROFIT, not sales.. There has never been a more profitable company in the history of the world, even taking into consideration adjusting for inflation..

I am a somewhat conservative republican, and I wholeheartedly support capitalism in every form.  My family owns a business that I work for, and it is pretty successful.  Even so, I think it is disgusting how much the oil companies are raping this country.  Maybe I am only bitter because I dont own stock in Exxon.. hehe

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2007, 02:21:22 pm »
There are a number of refineries here in the San Francisco area. One of the largest is Chevron. The most expensive Chevron gas station in the area is about 200' from the refineries front gate.

Splain that one Lucy.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2007, 02:27:41 pm »
Litre is the french version of the word. Conversion is the same. ;D

1 Liter = 0.2641721 gallon.

1 gallon = 3.785412 liters.

Therefore 86.5 c/liter = $3.27/gallon Can. which at today's rate = $2.78 US

Went down to $2.59 yesterday.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2007, 02:27:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42