What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Where to hook up XM on HS SpaAudio II  (Read 2944 times)

hawkman

Where to hook up XM on HS SpaAudio II
« on: June 27, 2006, 12:30:34 pm »
I went to the dealer to look to see how the XM hooked up to the SPA Audio II since I read onthis board it was XM ready. The sales guy said it wasn't XM radio and I showed him the XM ready logo on the front (I wouldn't have known if I didnt read it here).

So then I look at this thing and I don't see where you would plug in an XM receiver. It would need to be something you take with you right?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 01:26:10 pm by hawkman »

Hot Tub Forum

Where to hook up XM on HS SpaAudio II
« on: June 27, 2006, 12:30:34 pm »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
Re: Where to hook up XM on HS SpaAudio II
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 08:11:10 pm »
I have an XM radio, and to hook it up to my car stereo means I have to use the provided receiver/antenna to get the signal...it hooks up to (if I remember right) the antenna in the back of the stereo unit, and splits with its own antenna, and the display unit....
Basically (it's been a couple years, have mercy) I had to set the radio station on my car stereo to a static-y station (the little receiver box gives you several choices), and fire up the display unit to whatever XM station you want at the time.
I should get the service turned on again....THAT would be sweet by the tub.....so long as I could get a SIGNAL, that is.....
Hope I didn't confuse you too much....I'm baffled by what I just said.  :-[
RIP C-Rod

hotubinn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 12:28:48 am »
I didn't know XM was still in busniness!  I listen to REAL sattelite radio all day, SIRIUS! ;D

hawkman

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 10:00:42 am »
Sirius wants to purchase XM so they must be doing something right.   Buy anyways, if someone knows who installs these, how you are to hook up the XM let me know.

hymbaw

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 12:19:35 pm »
Get one with a built in FM transmitter. Tune your stereo to proper channel. Music happens.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7442706&type=product&id=1124432562359
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 12:23:02 pm by hymbaw »
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

hawkman

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 01:07:42 pm »
Hi,

Maybe I am not being clear. The SPA Audio II by Hot Springs comes with an XM ready radio. I was wondering how you get XM part of it to work, I dont see any plugs etc on the radio.

hymbaw

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 05:25:03 pm »
XM ready means that you purchase a XM tuner(that can only be used with that model) and your head unit will display the XM channels and allow you control XM through it.

You will spend less and have more versatility the other way.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 05:25:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42