What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What do you think of this "gazebo"?  (Read 2624 times)

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
What do you think of this "gazebo"?
« on: June 23, 2006, 09:41:16 pm »
This vinyl two sided enclosure is made by Caldera.  Have any Hot Spring/Caldera dealers or any owners seen this gazebo?  Is it cheap looking or well made and how much does it cost?  It could be PERFECT for my spa but I don't want to break the bank.  I have not seen any displays so this will be a "trust" puchase that it is a nice looking, sturdy product.  I want to go with vinyl for ease of maintenance.

Thanks,

Marc

Vinyl Spa Enclosures - Capistrano

« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 10:12:37 pm by gores95 »

Hot Tub Forum

What do you think of this "gazebo"?
« on: June 23, 2006, 09:41:16 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: What do you think of this "gazebo"?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 12:23:59 am »
I have one on my showroom floor. In fact I have the San Miguel as well.

They are very well built - solid, well designed, they do not look like somebody could just buy stuff at Home Depot and build it with a tablesaw. They are NOT cheap.

Of course, as the window people like to say, "Wood is good, but vinyl is final."

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 12:26:09 am »

anne

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 12:52:20 am »
How do you have a coverlifter on your tub with the San Miguel? Is there enough room?
Dance like nobody's watching

gores95

• '06 Caldera Geneva
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 08:20:01 am »
I have one on my showroom floor. In fact I have the San Miguel as well.

They are very well built - solid, well designed, they do not look like somebody could just buy stuff at Home Depot and build it with a tablesaw. They are NOT cheap.

Of course, as the window people like to say, "Wood is good, but vinyl is final."   ;)

Thanks Chas.  You mention they are NOT cheap.  If you do not mind me asking is the Capistrano under $1000 or north of that?  Should prices be consistent at different dealers or is it like tubs (big price swings between dealers with same manufacturer)?

Marc

« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 08:27:56 am by gores95 »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 10:13:38 am »
How do you have a coverlifter on your tub with the San Miguel? Is there enough room?

Anne, you can use one of several lifts. HS offers the 'Cover Upright" lift which is designed for just such situations. Other makers offer lifts which are similar:

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 10:17:01 am »
Thanks Chas.  You mention they are NOT cheap.  If you do not mind me asking is the Capistrano under $1000 or north of that?  Should prices be consistent at different dealers or is it like tubs (big price swings between dealers with same manufacturer)?

Marc

Marc, prices vary quite a bit on these items. Some dealers use them to help sell spas. That may mean that they simply try to cover the costs associated with getting and installing the gazebo. Other dealers consider this an item to be sold just like any other retail item, and they will mark it up accordingly. I think you will pay well north of $1000. It's worth checking. You might find a dealer who will package it together for a better price, or use it as a closing tool.

Brookenstein

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2006, 11:02:47 am »
Are there any lifts that work with attached gazeebos?  I'm guessing not.

Anne, you can use one of several lifts. HS offers the 'Cover Upright" lift which is designed for just such situations. Other makers offer lifts which are similar:

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2006, 11:02:47 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42