What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: More Dichlor Questions  (Read 2161 times)

NittanyLion

• Fight on State...Roar Lions Roar!
More Dichlor Questions
« on: June 22, 2006, 12:17:41 pm »
We have only had our tub a a week today, and I have been reading up on dichlor dosing but have a few questions:

We have been using the tub each evening, and afterwards I add something like a tablespoon of dichlor which, according to the bottle, should get me to 6 ppm for my volume.  The next day before soaking the chlorine is at the lowest color on the test strip (may be no chlorine).

1.  Is it ok to just add the dichlor amount based on the bottle, or do I need to re-test 15 minutes after adding for some reason to make sure I hit like 5 ppm?

2.  Is it normal that the chlorine is "gone" before we get in the next day and if so is it ok to soak with no chlorine as long as we dose afterwards?

Thanks in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

More Dichlor Questions
« on: June 22, 2006, 12:17:41 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: More Dichlor Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 12:34:30 pm »
We have only had our tub a a week today, and I have been reading up on dichlor dosing but have a few questions:

We have been using the tub each evening, and afterwards I add something like a tablespoon of dichlor which, according to the bottle, should get me to 6 ppm for my volume.  The next day before soaking the chlorine is at the lowest color on the test strip (may be no chlorine).

1.  Is it ok to just add the dichlor amount based on the bottle, or do I need to re-test 15 minutes after adding for some reason to make sure I hit like 5 ppm?

2.  Is it normal that the chlorine is "gone" before we get in the next day and if so is it ok to soak with no chlorine as long as we dose afterwards?

Thanks in advance!

HI Nittany,

I have a 350 gal hot tub (with an ozinator). I add dichlor after I use the tub and check it 15 minutes later.  You should try to get it so it's reading 5ppm.  Once you figured out how much to add to get the 5ppm you don't need to check as oftern.

Yup. With dichlor you want the chlorine readings to be low the next time you use the tub.  

The therory is to get it to 5ppm after soaking (so it kills al the bacteria)  but  have it low the next time you soak, to avoid being in harsh water.
07 Caldera Geneva

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 01:38:48 pm »
I have had my tub since Feb. and have not changed my water yet. I use dichlor also.I follow a regular schedule, and do as Drewstar has said. It works very well for me.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 01:38:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42