What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I miss the pic of the day - dog question  (Read 79781 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: I miss the pic of the day - dog question
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 11:30:06 am »
Cliff claven here....

Poodles were excellent bird dogs.  Except thier  fur would get too heavy when they went into the water to retrieve a bird.  So hunters started shaving poodles....and that is where the funny poodles cuts orignated.
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 11:30:06 am »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 11:48:42 am »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2007, 06:17:22 pm »

"You got a purty mouth, boy"

This is a caption contest waiting to happen. C'mon Drewstar!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 06:19:16 pm by LtDan »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2007, 07:00:06 pm »
My sister in law has 2 African Grey parrots and the oldest one used to fly through their apartment ... it has been told to me once the bird was flying towards a wall and just before it hit it said "Oh Sh**". Don't know if it's true or not.

Us loving owners sometimes embelish what our pets can do ... mine is capable of stealing food from the counter when nobody is paying attention. She also rolls over and likes her belly rubbed. She's smart alright, nobody likes aggressive dogs!

Her natural state:

In her Lab mode:

No she isn't possesed with her glowing eyes.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 07:00:39 pm by Vinny »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2007, 07:52:56 pm »
I agree with the training thing...if I can teach our German Shepherd pup how to ring a bell to go outside instead of pooping in the house, I'm sure you could teach your little gal there to stay out of the tub....anyhow, I would imagine that the water would be warm enough to be uncomfortable for her. We did purchase a small kiddie wading pool for our husky last summer, as they're prone to heat stroke...he loves to wade in it and grab a drink, but the ONLY time he tried to sit in it, he found the water was too chilly for "big jim and the twins" and sprinted out.  ;)
If she's got an alternative to your tub, I'm sure she'll be content. Enjoy!!
RIP C-Rod

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2007, 03:32:22 am »
Is there not a single person that has an alternative perspective on animals? We have bread so many and allowed ourselves and our animals to run amook in this society to create so many homeless that its sickening. Or, if it ain't good to eat what's the point.

This outa be good!!!
Retired

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2007, 07:38:06 am »
..so eat bread ;D
Support your dealer so they can support you!

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2007, 08:47:17 am »
Is there not a single person that has an alternative perspective on animals? We have bread so many and allowed ourselves and our animals to run amook in this society to create so many homeless that its sickening. Or, if it ain't good to eat what's the point.

This outa be good!!!

Umm...Feed homeless animals to homeless people?

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2007, 09:52:56 am »
Ok, I'll take a serious jab...you are saying that the aminals have run amuck?  Would that possibly be because humans, greedy creatures that we are, have exploited the animals?  >:(Could it be that we are a throw-away society that just tosses things out when they don't suit us or when we have become bored?  :o Do you think that the "king of the Jungle", the species at the top of the evolutionary ladder, is at all responsible for all the suffering of unwanted pets?  :-/

"if it ain't good to eat, what's the point?"  :oPets contribute so much to the quality of life for many many people. If only people could respect them as living creatures. What good is my dog?  she is a loving companion, she teaches my children compassion and responsibility. She is a playmate who willingly interacts with the family and doesn't complain when she has to wait for attention. She is a protector and
guardian of my property and my children.
We have a large local group that provides service dogs so we see the dogs in trainning everywhere we go. These animals fill a void and allow many disabled people to live better lives.
The cat in my greenhouse has been rewarding me by catching mice (that have Lyme ticks) and I am hopeful that it will hang around to naturally keep my chipmonk population down this summer.
I have a large fish tank that is the best stress relief (next to my hot tub)...and when my mother could no longer watch TV because of Alzheimer's disease (her retention span was so short), she loved watching the fish in the tank that I set up in her bedroom. so all of my animals have a point...that being a part of my family and the enjoyment of life.

So, off my soapbox...I will conclude by saying if you know animals only as a slab on your table, I feel sad for you.... :'(

Boni (AKA)Ellie Mae

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2007, 10:09:50 am »
I had a white dog for several years. He was some mix we never did quite figure out - look like a very slender Lab, with perhaps some German Shepherd in the blood lines. And smart!

But Casper (the friendly dog) loved it when it was water change time for our spa. He wasn't interested in joining us in there - he just watched - but when I drained the thing I would pull up a plastic half-barrel and let some of the warm water flow into it. Casper knew from the very first time that this was 'his hot tub' and he walked right in and sat right down. He was hot tubbin! I got out the doggy shampoo and gave him the once over, and let the flowing water rinse him off as he sat there with a doggy smile on his face. Then, following up with a good drying off and brush. He was one pampered pooch.

Then he would go roll in the dirt and run onto my wife's light-colored carpet to show his gratitude.

I miss Casper...

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2007, 10:14:37 am »
Ok, I'll take a serious jab...you are saying that the aminals have run amuck?  Would that possibly be because humans, greedy creatures that we are, have exploited the animals?  >:(Could it be that we are a throw-away society that just tosses things out when they don't suit us or when we have become bored?  :o Do you think that the "king of the Jungle", the species at the top of the evolutionary ladder, is at all responsible for all the suffering of unwanted pets?  :-/

"if it ain't good to eat, what's the point?"  :oPets contribute so much to the quality of life for many many people. If only people could respect them as living creatures. What good is my dog?  she is a loving companion, she teaches my children compassion and responsibility. She is a playmate who willingly interacts with the family and doesn't complain when she has to wait for attention. She is a protector and
We have a large local group that provides service dogs so we see the dogs in trainning everywhere we go. These animals fill a void and allow many disabled people to live better lives.
The cat in my greenhouse has been rewarding me by catching mice (that have Lyme ticks) and I am hopeful that it will hang around to naturally keep my chipmonk population down this summer.
I have a large fish tank that is the best stress relief (next to my hot tub)...and when my mother could no longer watch TV because of Alzheimer's disease (her retention span was so short), she loved watching the fish in the tank that I set up in her bedroom. so all of my animals have a point...that being a part of my family and the enjoyment of life.

So, off my soapbox...I will conclude by saying if you know animals only as a slab on your table, I feel sad for you.... :'(

Boni (AKA)Ellie Mae

Remember:

Always Spay and Neuter your pets.   :)
07 Caldera Geneva

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2007, 10:32:46 am »
Thank you Drew, shame we can only follow that advice for animals ;)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2007, 07:26:07 pm »

Boni (AKA)Ellie Mae

You are so right bonnie. Oh and I only kill what I can eat. And dogs an cat don't taste good.   ;D
Retired

D.P. Roberts

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2007, 01:42:33 am »
Always Spay and Neuter your pets.   :)

Too true. We had our cat spayed AND neutered. You can never be too careful.

And, just to throw my two cents in:

My neighborhood is overwhelmed with feral cats. There were four of them in my yard this morning (that's one more than what we have inside the house). Lots of places in cities and warmer climates are overwhelmed with wild dogs. Not only are we releasing so many unwanted pets into the wild, but we're eliminating all their "competition".  For example, I read that five wild bears were spotted here in Ohio, during all of last year. Just a hundred years or so ago, a town in Ohio killed over a hundred bears in their area during one DAY. Bears, wolves, cougars... all the larger predators are gone, or almost gone. So, the wild cats and dogs have little to no competition for food.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain

Im-A-Duck

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2007, 04:08:06 am »
I love cats.... Barbecued....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2007, 04:08:06 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42