General > General info Somewhat hot tub related

I miss the pic of the day - dog question

(1/11) > >>

geekd:
The pic of the day guy (too lazy to look up his name) is on vacation, so 70% of my reason for coming here is gone.

Here's something, I guess, to at least have a pic.  Not hot tub related except for the fact we will probably have trouble keeping her out.

Our dog, Ludwig, died of old age this past August, a few weeks before we got our tub. We had him since before we were married.  We were only 21.  We could barely take care of ourselves, let alone a dog.

Anyway, yesterday we adopted a new puppy from the San Diego Animal Shelter.  We can pick her up on tuesday.  Here's a pic:

That was taken at the shelter during our "visitation".

She's a 2 1/2 month old retriever mix.  They love the water.

I'm very happy/excited to have a new dog in the house.  It's been too quiet since Ludwig died.  Here's a pertinent question:  when you have a water loving breed, how do you keep them out of the tub?

Tman122:
Dog chain 2 foot shorter than the distance from the house to the tub!

countryboy:
Your the boss, train her to not go in unless you tell her to. Our lab sits on the stairs and watches us or runs around the yard when we are in. She gets excited when were are near the lake, but she is trained not to go in unless I tell her she can.

Bonibelle:
Yep, that's it Geekd, you have to teach her just like you house train her. I have a fish pond that my 110lb lab mix would just love to dive into. BUT she learned early on that it was off limits. She also knows that she is not allowed in our vinyl lined pool.  She lays on the deck with her head hanging over the side, but she would never jump in. She has her own pool, if she just wants to sit in some water. It is a plastic kiddy pool. And we let her swim at the beach, which she really loves especially if the kids are in the water.  Labs are very smart and you dog looks like a mixed breed. [glow]I am not trying to start anything[/glow], BUT I will say, in my experience, the loving muts that you find at a shelter are smarter and adapt better than any pure bred $$$dog you will find.  Bless you for rescuing her, she will reward you with so much love...many times over.  Good luck  ;)

cburk0677:
If you are anywhere near Ohio and want to get a golden retriever you can't go wrong with one from here: http://www.aprilgoldens.com/

My wife and I got our Golden there 2 years ago and she is the smartest, sweetest dog in the world.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version