What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: foaming foaming foaming  (Read 4188 times)

errin

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
foaming foaming foaming
« on: May 30, 2006, 09:35:13 pm »
Hi, Changed my water two weeks ago everything great ... chemical wise.. I use chlorine..one kid did not rinse off and now I have alot of foam after one person. tried shocking and ran tub for 30min, used cap full of defoaming before shocking seemed to make it worse. cleaned filter each step taken done every day trying something new.. add foaming one day etc. seems like defoaming leaves water looking cloudy when you use it.. help even tried scooping out as much as possible only had tub for one month and have no clue use tub 7times a week.. any ideas what to do   keep shocking? thanks help ???

Hot Tub Forum

foaming foaming foaming
« on: May 30, 2006, 09:35:13 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: foaming foaming foaming
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 09:52:51 pm »
Hey, I'm the king of foam, have been for the past year - LOL!

I constantly get kids in my tub that come in with nice clean bathing suits and my hot tub looks like a bath tub.

Scooping is the 1st line of defense if it's a lot. Defoamer is OK - ONLY if you use very little. Most people will say put a little in a spray bottle and spray the foam - it does work.

There are enzymes which can work but may add to the foam eventually. I recently used a method of using 6+ PPM and ran the tub for 20 minutes and then added MPS and ran the tub for another 20 minutes. It cleared most of the foam and I was impressed.

Rinse the filters after doing anything.

I originally had good luck with enzymes but then they stopped working, maybe too much of a load of laundry detergents.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 09:19:30 am »
I struggel with foam after guest use the tub with thier bathing suits.

I'll use a bit of clarifier this initally causes more foam, but  I'm able to scoop it out, and coagulates any other gunk.  I then put some foam down in a spritzer bottle and give any remaining foam a quick spray - not too much - just a spray or two.   I had very little luck just pouring the foam in the water (only fair results and had cloudy water. The spray bottle works 100x better).
07 Caldera Geneva

LittleBlaine

• '06 Grandee
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 09:54:49 am »
I just push the foam into the filter opening while the water is circulating (jets on).  If it gets too much, a shock with dichlor seems to do the job.  My dealer strongly recommended to not use foam down, as it just masks the problem and can hurt the water in other ways.

errin

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 04:53:02 pm »
Thanks for everyones ideas.... I will try the spray bottle beats draining again... I do agree that just adding foam away seems to make water cloudy just a cap full I used and water looks horrible.. thanks again everyone out there I will give it  a try....

RayF-1

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 05:24:51 pm »
Suggest you check PH.  I find that when PH approachs lower levels, foaming increases.    

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 08:47:42 pm »
Drewstar's suggestion re: spritz bottle is right on the money though I prefer to cut the defoamer 50% with water.  There's nothing wrong with using defoamer as long as moderation is practiced.

Also, RayF makes a good point as well.....make sure your pH is in proper range.

Lastly, should you have mounds of foam like I did the last time a teenager got in with some of those HUGE shorts on with 15 zillion pockets, all laden with detergent, I used the shop vac to suck out the foam....much easier than scooping.

Good luck!
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

KarlXII

• Me before the spa
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 04:06:25 am »
This really makes you consider getting a washing machine with choosable extra rinse cycle.
It cannot be good to wear clothes with detergent and stuff in them.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 06:41:17 am »
This really makes you consider getting a washing machine with choosable extra rinse cycle.
It cannot be good to wear clothes with detergent and stuff in them.

I think just put the clothes in the tub for 1 20 minute cycle! ;)

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 02:14:56 am »
scoop the foam out

clean the filter with filter cleaner, rinse throughly

if it's a major problem use the delcarifier and scoop out coagulation and then clean filter.

If that doesn't work, drain half the tub and refill after doing above mentioned.

r100rs

• A real BMW only has 2 wheels!
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006, 10:13:28 am »
Foam in tub - BAD!!

Foam in beer - GOOD!!

r100rs

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006, 10:13:28 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42