What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: We got it!  & no floating!  (Read 3081 times)

In Canada eh

We got it!  & no floating!
« on: May 22, 2006, 01:40:07 pm »
Our hot tub arrived last Sunday (Mother's Day)  -- been in it nearly every night since!  Now I can relate to all the hype.  I feel great.

I think I've discovered another cause of the "floating" syndrome.  Aside from needing sculpted seats, you need to "relax" (like only an experienced hot-tubber can do)  The first 2 times in our hot tub, I was disappointed to find I was floating a bit (didn't so much when I wet-tested?).  But on the 3rd time in, and every time since -- no floating!  So I think I was wound up in a tense ball, and was be pushed around by the jets -- but once I trusted the water depth and laid back and relaxed, no more floating!

So far, we love our tub.
Bullfrog 451

Hot Tub Forum

We got it!  & no floating!
« on: May 22, 2006, 01:40:07 pm »

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
Re: We got it!  & no floating!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 01:42:05 pm »
Sounds good.

By the way, what hot tub did you get?
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

In Canada eh

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 02:22:24 pm »
Bullfrog 451.   Congrats on your 1st water change!  We too will likely be going thru the chemical-orientation trial & error program!
Bullfrog 451

salesdvl

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 02:40:03 pm »
Our hot tub arrived last Sunday (Mother's Day)  -- been in it nearly every night since!  Now I can relate to all the hype.  I feel great.

I think I've discovered another cause of the "floating" syndrome.  Aside from needing sculpted seats, you need to "relax" (like only an experienced hot-tubber can do)  The first 2 times in our hot tub, I was disappointed to find I was floating a bit (didn't so much when I wet-tested?).  But on the 3rd time in, and every time since -- no floating!  So I think I was wound up in a tense ball, and was be pushed around by the jets -- but once I trusted the water depth and laid back and relaxed, no more floating!

So far, we love our tub.

Bullfrogs are known for the floating problem.  Just make sure the water depth from the seat to the surface is at least "Kneedeep"  "Kneedeep".   ;D   ;D
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 02:40:44 pm by salesdvl »
Measure once, cut twice.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 02:32:04 am »

Bullfrogs are known for the floating problem.  Just make sure the water depth from the seat to the surface is at least "Kneedeep"  "Kneedeep".   ;D   ;D

You thought of that yourself didn't you?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

salesdvl

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 08:58:25 am »

You thought of that yourself didn't you?

I do write most of my own material.  ;)
Measure once, cut twice.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 10:20:08 am »
Welcome to spatopia eh! May you soak long and prosper, and my you only float when you want to.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 10:20:08 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42