What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Review - Royal Caribbean Hot tubs  (Read 4612 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Review - Royal Caribbean Hot tubs
« on: May 06, 2006, 09:38:40 pm »
They get a C grade.  6 tubs on the Voyager of the seas. All round ones with basic jets and air bubbles.  2 tubs seat around 12-15 people and the others seat 9-10.  The bad part was only one was above 100 degrees and they shut that one down every night!   They keep one tub running all night and either close the rest or drain them each day.  A couple of cool nights with a strong wind was a chilling experience.

Still we had a great time, more details to follow as I'm on about 3 hours rest.   I see the world hasn't come to an end while I was gone.   I did meet a couple who have a 10 year old Thermospa, I invited them here to tell us about it.

I didn't get to meet Captain Janeway or Seven  ;)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Review - Royal Caribbean Hot tubs
« on: May 06, 2006, 09:38:40 pm »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
Re: Review - Royal Caribbean Hot tubs
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 10:36:16 pm »
Did you bring your test strips?

I've gotten myself into some challenging situations over a pool or spa not sanitary for my family to use. The management does not like guests like myself.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

joshua45

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 12:45:45 am »
I was in a Royal Carribbean hot tup about 3 years ago... (no, it wasn't very hot).. More importantly, I developed fulliculitous (boils) the last day and the next week go to my local MD for lancing and antibiotics to clear it up.. I don't think I want to use 'public' spas again.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 09:31:12 am »
Here was our favorite one.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 12:46:41 pm »
I can't even believe that after owning your own hot tub, you would ever consider using a public/comunity spa. YUCK, I don't care how well they think they take care of it, I'm not getting in.

Here was our favorite one.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 03:56:37 pm »
I enjoyed it and I am still alive.  I've put more pictures up from our trip, still more to go.

http://Mccallw.tripod.com/cruise.html

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 06:03:14 pm »
Wisoki, I'm with you..now that is..Last summer we went on a Holland America cruise and my husband and I got into one of the hot tubs. The kids weren't allowed. It was hot and very chlorinated...but clearly posted next to each tub was a sign requiring each guest to shower before entering the tubs. The showers were only a few feet away and dedicated specifically for guests using the tubs. I showered before and after as well!  Wouldn't ever go in a public tub again knowing what I do now!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 06:10:19 pm »
Wisoki, I'm with you..now that is..Last summer we went on a Holland America cruise and my husband and I got into one of the hot tubs. The kids weren't allowed. It was hot and very chlorinated...but clearly posted next to each tub was a sign requiring each guest to shower before entering the tubs. The showers were only a few feet away and dedicated specifically for guests using the tubs. I showered before and after as well!  Wouldn't ever go in a public tub again knowing what I do now!

In college, I used to work in a restaurant. You don't want to know (I'm afraid I might keep you from ever eating at a restaurant).
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 06:10:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42