What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Flim Flam Man is an idiot  (Read 36939 times)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Flim Flam Man is an idiot
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2005, 08:00:16 am »
The sad thing is that every so often someone falls for his line, and he takes another victim.  

I guess you are right, though.  He knows no spa maker pays him any attention, since he is absolutely no threat competition wise.  But it gives him yet another excuse to get up on his pulpit and preach to his audience of 4.

It would be interesting to list the failed predictions:

1.  Hot Springs is going to jail for making illegal spas.
2.  Cavein spas will be ETL listed by June 24th.

Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2005, 08:00:16 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2005, 08:18:39 am »
Funny you say audience of 4.  I think that is exactly it anymore.  I've been watching all year and his posting and responding to himself is increasing and if you look month to month, the few other posters are different each month, I have to think even his posters/recent buyers are starting to see the light. Maybe his site is actually starting to work against him?   (I haven't been watching as long as many of you though)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chris_H

« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2005, 10:11:10 pm »
I posted this on Jim's board.  Hopefully, he doesn't delete it.  

Jim,
Are you familiar with the ANSI 1563 standard for portable spas?
Please tell me what you know.
Thanks,
Chris

IJM

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2005, 12:22:37 am »
I actually feel sorry for JA....not sure why! I'm not sure if you've all read his message board, but he's being sued! Somehow he thinks that being sued is going to help him?

I guess, as myself a previous small business owner (pool service) I have a little piece of my heart that feels bad for him. I've always been an entrepreneur and love seeing the little guy survive and prosper.

Then I remember back to the year 2000 when I was a manager of a HS store less then 20 miles from him, I use to get so mad at his propaganda. How could one man type complete lies and get away with it? I remember my boss said don't even worry about it...do you ever even hear of him? The answer was no. I take that back on the 4th of July in 2000 we were unbelievably busy with myself and another sales person, I had two customers that had just been at his store and both persisted on wet testing! At that time we had a Jetsetter, Landmark, and Grandee wet. One couple was looking for a small tub, the other a large tub. To make a long story short I said hop in..that day I sold nine spas the most I've ever sold in a day. Still to this day I believe it was because one couple were sitting in a Jetsetter saying how great it was....the other were in the Grandee! They both bought! So yes JA has lost a wet test! I never heard his name again! He really doesn't exist in CO.

Back to the point, I think JA is on his last legs! I feel bad for that, because in some twisted weird way I think he cares about the spa industry. He's obviously to old too realize his way is not the only way. HS should of sued him long ago!

The sad part is that for some reason, JA thinks being sued is going to help him. He is playing his last card! I think JA bluffed the wrong company.

The above is all in my opinion.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2005, 01:03:49 am by IJM »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2005, 12:41:02 am »
The above is all in my opinion.

Shared by others.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

autoplay

« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2005, 10:54:54 am »
I posted this on Jim's board.  Hopefully, he doesn't delete it.  

Jim,
Are you familiar with the ANSI 1563 standard for portable spas?
Please tell me what you know.
Thanks,
Chris

Amazingly,he responded,and didn't make a novel out of it lol.  His answer is obvious(short n sweet)as,the Conjuna we all know,would have ripped any and all spa manufacturers for compliance of said specs etc.

At this point I don't think it matters what he says,as what he has said is well documented,and will be revealed.

IJM

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2005, 07:13:24 am »
Just sitting here wondering why JA hasn't went on his marketing campaign! Now is his chance! JA are you scared now?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 07:41:35 am by IJM »

IJM

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2005, 07:48:12 am »
Hey all,

I'll be the court reporter! I tried once to post to JA site he did not respond! Hmmm

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #98 on: July 06, 2005, 07:48:04 am »
I thought this thread had run its course and had nothing new in over a week.  And I hate risking having the subject of JA dominate this forum so I locked it.  Most of you who don't fly off the handle with out provaction know you can always start another thread right?  I'm a little tired of one man's childish tirades everytime something doesn't go his way, so we may not see him for awhile.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #98 on: July 06, 2005, 07:48:04 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42