What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Flim Flam Man is an idiot  (Read 36919 times)

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
Re: Flim Flam Man is an idiot
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2005, 10:12:15 pm »
I'm sure he has seen it here a 100 times over, and he is just trying to figure out how the picture doesn't follow the ANSI standards for safety.   ;)

Now that's funny!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2005, 10:12:15 pm »

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2005, 10:25:08 am »
I just like to keep this one near the top in case Steve has any more questions abotu his family he would like to ask.LOL!! ;D
-SpaMan~

Chris_H

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2005, 10:47:47 am »
Just wanted everyone to know, that according to the Flim Flam Man himself his spas will have an ETL listing next week.  I am so excited.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2005, 11:02:34 am »
Just wanted everyone to know, that according to the Flim Flam Man himself his spas will have an ETL listing next week.  I am so excited.

Does ETL offer retroactive listings?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2005, 11:05:10 am »
so if i want to see his site, how do i find it?
google "flim flam idiot spa guy???". i hear hes famous, a real legend in his own mind....
BTW....
whats with the 50+yr old "looking" guy with the i date mormon girls shirt???

Moderator note: I answered his question via private message.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2005, 01:22:47 pm by wmccall »

Chris_H

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2005, 11:06:42 am »
whats with the 50+yr old "looking" guy with the i date mormon girls shirt???

That's the Flim Flam Man.

Chris_H

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2005, 11:11:32 am »

Does ETL offer retroactive listings?

I have no idea.  

I don't get how this got moved.  It is spa related.

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2005, 12:30:20 pm »
i got that much from a previous post. i guess his dating must be as believable as his spa info..... ;D ;D
i cant imagine any girls(mormon or not) hanging out in his version of reality ;)

That's the Flim Flam Man.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2005, 12:31:14 pm by kent »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2005, 01:21:43 pm »
i got that much from a previous post. i guess his dating must be as believable as his spa info..... ;D ;D
i cant imagine any girls(mormon or not) hanging out in his version of reality ;)

His dating.  That is a joke by itself.  ( I answered your question about his site in a private message.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician
Im really surprised...
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2005, 03:18:50 pm »
Im really surprised... that JA isnt a politician.

Because recently he's made comments that seem to jam his foot deeper into his mouth-- and when he continues to defend his position he tips his hand to anyone who is watching.

Below is the post that will never make it to the light of day in JA's BB.

Begin paste;

"Why would anyone believe a Hot Spring Salesman?"

Why would anyone believe an internet retailer of a virutually unknown product? Youre not helping your arguement here by challenging someones credibility, when you havent even established your own yet.

"Especially, one who has absolutely no personal experience with the spas we sell...Have you ever seen one? Have you ever sat in one? Have you ever touched one? "

Another gaff, Jim. Very very few people in the nation have ever heard of H**** Spas, let alone seen one--- heck- they havent even seen one on TV or print media for that matter- there's no distribution or marketing to speak of. Ask spa shoppers those same questions of HotSpring, Sundance, or even Cal Spas and you will get very different response- each of those manufacturers have a nationwide network of dealers, factory trained service technicians, and a marketing campaign designed to expose their products to the widest qualified audience through TV, print media and the internet. They HAVE heard of them.

YOU are CORRECT Jim,... no one can make a judgement on something that they have never seen, touched, or sat in- This is exactly why you cannot compete nationally.

To grow your business you will need to 1)Establish a dealer and service network. 2) Develop and enable a marketing campaign outside the internet- 3)Let your product do the talking.(you've been mucking that up.)  

"If you look on the ETL site next week, according to Phoenix, all of our models will be listed by name, and not just by the model number as they are now ."

Next week? According to Phoenix? How come we cant see the listing now? Hmmm- maybe because there is no listing.

"You know that I have destroyed every spa salesman who has come my way with BS on all the message boards. That is why the board owners don't seem to want me there. It cuts into their profits when the advertisers are made into fools, such as you."  

No, as I will attest, you werent banned from so many boards because you had any effect on the bottom line. You were banned because of your aggressive sales tactics, the arrogant, self-righteous diatribes, threats of litigation, and prognostications of doom against your competition. I have personal experience with this at Bravenet, Long Island, Whatsthebest, and others. Funnier yet, is at the time, Bravenet wasnt a commercial site- they had no advertisers or bottom line for that matter...

end paste-

whoops... Chas and all these other professionals have never laid eyes on his hottubs,.. but neither have most of the spa shopping population. Its either because of bad marketing or that hes too small... either way he's let the cat outta the bag.

I can only think of one reason why any of us spend any time on this bozo; its far more entertaining than watching TV.

Chris_H

Re: Im really surprised...
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2005, 03:56:07 pm »
I can only think of one reason why any of us spend any time on this bozo; its far more entertaining than watching TV.

Agreed.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2005, 06:08:12 pm »
Kinda like the "Bad guys" on pro wrestiling?  Without them, the whole thing is pretty boring.
Brewman
Brewman

shabba34

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2005, 11:31:34 am »
It seems that good old JA is at it pretty hard again for HS.  He has calmed away from Cal Spa I guess.  He is taking quotes from Chas over at this site and posting them over on his, and then his typical 20 minute dissertation begins.  On his high horse, he has said he is more well known than the pres of watkins.  Next week he will be more well known than President Bush. :o

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2005, 01:43:08 pm »
The man is so delusional. Anyone that pretends to be a Christian and quotes various passages, then the next day heads to court to defend multiple assault charges is a joke! ::)

Hitler was well known too...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2005, 01:43:57 pm by Steve »

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2005, 09:17:40 pm »
I think he likes CalSpas!Because they are UL listed and thats what his goals are.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2005, 09:28:13 pm by spaman_dot_com »
-SpaMan~

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2005, 09:17:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42