What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Broken Cover Lock clips.  (Read 28811 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Broken Cover Lock clips.
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2006, 12:32:41 pm »
Looks GREAT drew............ any larger pics you can send me?

Can you get a close up on pic #2? And trim the weeds in #3  ;D ?

Well  my wife is going to kill me, but for you Doc, here ya go. I just ripped up all her flowers, rose bushes and herbs so you can have a nice pic:

Close up of front latch;

PM me an e-mail and I 'll send you the whole set full size.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 12:50:13 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2006, 12:32:41 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2006, 12:48:18 pm »
PMed. thanks
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2006, 01:54:37 pm »
Andy,

I've been having trouble with my 10' jarrah hot tub rolling around in the high winds. If you send me a free one I promise to take LOTS of great photos and email them your way!

Oh, and I'll be needing a new cover on that as well, could you call Robert for me?

thnx

Chas

;D ;D ;D
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2006, 02:03:53 pm »
Does the good Doctor have a web site?
If I could just chew through these restraints...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2006, 02:05:06 pm »
Does the good Doctor have a web site?

I thought everyone knew it....

http://www.rhtubs.com/
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 02:05:20 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2006, 02:19:01 pm »
Andy,

I've been having trouble with my 10' jarrah hot tub rolling around in the high winds. If you send me a free one I promise to take LOTS of great photos and email them your way!

Oh, and I'll be needing a new cover on that as well, could you call Robert for me?

thnx

Chas

;D ;D ;D

For you my friend, no problem, but I'll have to pre-collect the freight from ya. Jarrah as you know is quite heavy. Please send a check for shipping in the amount of $9000.00. Upon receipt I'll mail out your tub........... and I'll even throw in a cover...... only one?

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2006, 03:12:04 pm »
Hmm.

How about I come pick it up? I owe you dinner as I recall.

OR

Do you offer anything in Balsa?

???
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
Re: Broker Cover Lock clips.
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2006, 08:49:13 am »
Dr. Spa has some cover straps that might help.  Give him a holler and ask for the forum discount.

Terminator

I find out there's a discount after I placed 2 orders...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 09:10:53 am by wmccall »
If I could just chew through these restraints...

pratzert

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2006, 08:38:28 am »
I also have recvd the Hurricane Strap from Doc....  And I know I still owe him Pics....

But I have not installed it yet.... just have not had the time between the lousy weather.

But I will keep my promise... as soon as it's installed,  I'll be posting the pics and sending them to Doc as well.

Tim

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
clips snapped again.
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2006, 08:50:56 am »
Glad I got mine installed, and in the nick of time too.

I went away this weekend for a ski trip and had my brother watch the house.

He used the hot tub.

He broke the backside clips. If  I didn't have the hurracane strap, my cover would be  gone now.  :P

Amazing.....he used the tub  just once, my perfect water is completely out of whack....foam...cloudiness...ugh.  I so wanted a nice hot soak last night after comming home from  3 days of skiing.  :-[

Off to scoop out foam and nuke the tub.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 08:57:05 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

spahopeful

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2006, 12:19:52 pm »
Drewster's hurricane strap in the above pictures may be what I need.  I have a cover lifter similar to Drewster's and I am looking for a way to just unbuckle the front cover without going to the back side to unbuckle the cover buckles.  Here's my questions about this hurricane strap in the pictures:
1.  Where can I buy it?  I saw "wind resistance straps" on rhtubs.com, but they were brown (I want black like Drewsters) and it looked like it was 2 straps (not 1).
2.  What keeps the front buckle from sliding through the cover handle and to the back of the cover when opening it?
3. Is it OK to just use this one big strap and quit using my current set up of 4 buckles (I don't want to go to the back side to unbuckle).
4.  Looks like I can no longer get a free strap, but how do I get a discount (sounds like this would be a good source for chemicals etc)?

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2006, 12:27:31 pm »
Drewster's hurricane strap in the above pictures may be what I need.  I have a cover lifter similar to Drewster's and I am looking for a way to just unbuckle the front cover without going to the back side to unbuckle the cover buckles.  Here's my questions about this hurricane strap in the pictures:
1.  Where can I buy it?  I saw "wind resistance straps" on rhtubs.com, but they were brown (I want black like Drewsters) and it looked like it was 2 straps (not 1).
2.  What keeps the front buckle from sliding through the cover handle and to the back of the cover when opening it?
3. Is it OK to just use this one big strap and quit using my current set up of 4 buckles (I don't want to go to the back side to unbuckle).
4.  Looks like I can no longer get a free strap, but how do I get a discount (sounds like this would be a good source for chemicals etc)?

Spa,

When i open the cover I loop the strap through the cover's handle so it doesn't sllip away.

I am told that RHTubs gives a discount to forum members, jsut let them know who you are also, you may want to  contact Dr Spa (PM him) and see what he can do. (Although I haven't seen him around lately.)

I love my strap. I no longer have to go to the back of the tub.  (which is great at night when I just want to get back into the house!)

07 Caldera Geneva

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2006, 12:47:33 pm »
1.  Where can I buy it?  I saw "wind resistance straps" on rhtubs.com, but they were brown (I want black like Drewsters) and it looked like it was 2 straps (not 1).)

I haven't gotten around to updating the site with the new hurrican strap pictures and description..... I'll try to get to it today.

Nothing really, just gravity and friction

It should be fine.

I think ole drew is joking or pulling peoples leg....... or hittin the bottle earlier than I  ;D........... sorry, there isn't a "forum discount".....

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2006, 12:54:05 pm »

I think ole drew is joking or pulling peoples leg....... or hittin the bottle earlier than I  ;D........... sorry, there isn't a "forum discount".....

Huh? I've been telling eveyone "don't forget to ask for the forum discount!"

I am a tard.  ::)
07 Caldera Geneva

spahopeful

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2006, 04:35:31 pm »
Dr. Spa,

How do I order one that looks like the photo?  The customer service person that answered the phone said the hurricane strap is only 10' long.  I would like one like in the photo that shows it going across the cover, down one side to the ground, and down the other side 1-2 feet.  It seems like the strap would need to be at least 12-14 feet long.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2006, 04:35:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42