What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Broken Cover Lock clips.  (Read 28751 times)

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Broken Cover Lock clips.
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2006, 03:57:43 pm »
I believe you drew and brew were the only ones to take me up on the offer.

The offer has now expired. Too bad, the fifth person was going to also get a suprise bonus of a BRAND NEW ČĹŔ.

Dr.Spa...

Who were the "Lucky Five" who get the hurricane strap ?

Tim

« Last Edit: January 23, 2006, 03:58:43 pm by lets »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2006, 03:57:43 pm »

Brookenstein

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2006, 04:28:13 pm »
I was waiting for the offer of free rubber duckies.   ;)

pratzert

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2006, 05:19:36 pm »
GREAT !

THANK YOU Dr.Spa !

I promise I will send pictures.

Tim

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2006, 09:25:30 pm »

Dang!!

I knew when I emailed you for that hurricane strap that I should also have asked for some ČĹ&#340.
I'm almost out.

Oh well, I'll just settle for the strap.  And remember when you see the pix, you asked for them.

Brewman

pratzert

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2006, 08:51:11 am »
Brewman,

I have ordered several times from Dr.Spa ( Spazazz & Nature2 Mineral Sticks).   If you spend $50 bucks, the shipping is FREE.  He ships out fast too.

Tim

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2006, 09:05:11 am »
I am excited to get the huricane strap.  

Thanks Doc!

With my old round tub, (complete with broken straps) the cover never blew open,  but with the larger square tub, it's happened a few times.   The New England springs can get very, very windy and I'm hoping this strap not only to keep the cover secure, but also make opening easier.

Thanks again Doc!  ;D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 11:02:18 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2006, 08:33:51 am »
Brewman,

I have ordered several times from Dr.Spa ( Spazazz & Nature2 Mineral Sticks).   If you spend $50 bucks, the shipping is FREE.  He ships out fast too.

Tim

I'd have  absolutely no hesitation from ordering anything from Doc.
I am a regular lurker but not so frequent of a poster on his board.  
I'll probably be switching over to dichlor on my next water change, and I'll certainly give him consideration on supplies.  
He will also very likely get my business when it's cover replacement time.  

You mention you have the Spazazz crystals.  How much do you add to your spa to get a detectable scent, and what is the water capacity of your spa?

I have some of this stuff but haven't used it yet.  Curious how much to put in- doesn't say on the container.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 08:36:42 am by Brewman »
Brewman

pratzert

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2006, 09:10:41 am »
Brewman,

I really don't measure the Spazaaz when I put it in,  it has holes in the cap like a salt shaker and I just sprinkle it in.  If I had to guess, I guess about a tablespoon.  I have tried many scents, and the Spazazz seems to last the longest.  And I prefer the Crystals instead of the liquid.  The scent my wife likes the best is the Honey-Mango.

I have a Jacuzzi J-350 and the water capacity is 365 Gallons.

Tim

Bigbender

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2006, 01:01:31 pm »
Drewstar,
I'm not sure if your question about the latches was answered or not. I thought that I'd tell you what I've learned from our bad experience.

We always latch (not lock) our cover down with all four straps. We never open the back straps when we open the cover (with a lifter) and we've had no problems. A few weeks ago though, I was shocking the tub and forgot to latch the front back down when I was done. Just by luck, we didn't use the tub that evening and we had real high winds. When I went out the next morning, I found my cover blown clear off, both of the lift arms were broken in half and the rear latches were in pieces. I went to my dealer to buy a new lift and he had some spare latches there. (male side). I asked him how I was to put them on without cutting the straps and he told me to use a hacksaw to cut through the plastic piece that the strap goes around, then pry it open enough to slip the strap through the cut. I cut it at a sharp angle and then used super glue to re-connect the cut. It worked real well for me. Problem solved...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2006, 01:10:42 pm »
Drewstar,
I'm not sure if your question about the latches was answered or not. I thought that I'd tell you what I've learned from our bad experience.

We always latch (not lock) our cover down with all four straps. We never open the back straps when we open the cover (with a lifter) and we've had no problems. A few weeks ago though, I was shocking the tub and forgot to latch the front back down when I was done. Just by luck, we didn't use the tub that evening and we had real high winds. When I went out the next morning, I found my cover blown clear off, both of the lift arms were broken in half and the rear latches were in pieces. I went to my dealer to buy a new lift and he had some spare latches there. (male side). I asked him how I was to put them on without cutting the straps and he told me to use a hacksaw to cut through the plastic piece that the strap goes around, then pry it open enough to slip the strap through the cut. I cut it at a sharp angle and then used super glue to re-connect the cut. It worked real well for me. Problem solved...

My dealer sent me 2 new plastic latches (male side).  The replacement ones were notched, so they slipped onto the cover loops with no problem.  I snipped the old broken ones off with some wire cutters. Took me a whole 30 seconds to completely fix them. :)  

I know I will snap these again. Doc's Miracle Hurricane Strap should elivate all my problems.

;D
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 01:12:05 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2006, 09:53:14 am »
Following up:

The Good Doctor  (Dr Spa)  sent me one of his handy dandy hurricane straps. The weather was great in New England this weekend and I was able to go out and install it.

Installation was easy.  4 screws (2 per latch). I was done in about 10 minutes.

Heres' the strap going over the top of my tub: (It runs left to right, under my cover lifter bar)

Here's how it's mounted in front: I brough the strap down through the cover handle in the middle and mounted the latch to center of the tubs front panel.

On the back,  I mounted the clip near the bottom of the tub. This allows me to completly open the cover without having to unlock the back at all.  I love it!

Here's the tub with the cover open. I now only have to unlatch the front.

Here's a close up  of the strap latch in back when opened.  Since I mounted it low, there is more than enought strap to allow the cover to slide down, without snapping the latch off the tub.

Thanks again Doc!  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 09:56:09 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2006, 11:02:21 am »
Nice pictures.  Nice spa.  Nice CoverMate1.   ;)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2006, 11:55:09 am »
Nice pictures.  Nice spa.  Nice CoverMate1.   ;)

Thanks Dan.

Geez, you know you are in a forum full of hot tub geeks when they can tell the make and model # of you cover  lifter from a pic.   ;D ;D ;D
07 Caldera Geneva

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2006, 12:16:33 pm »
Looks GREAT drew............ any larger pics you can send me?

Can you get a close up on pic #2? And trim the weeds in #3  ;D ?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2006, 12:19:07 pm »
Looks GREAT drew............ any larger pics you can send me?

Can you get a close up on pic #2? And trim the weeds in #3  ;D ?

I've got large ones, shot in 5 megapix mode,  that I can e-mail you.  

That's not a weed. Thats' my wifes herb garden ;)

If you do want different shots.  Let me know exactly what and I will be happy to send them to you.  ;D
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2006, 12:19:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42