What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Disgusting, but could happen  (Read 3762 times)

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
Disgusting, but could happen
« on: March 01, 2007, 04:52:01 pm »
This is GROSS!  Be warned before you click this link.  This girl obviously had Diarrhea.  Could you imagine?  I don't know that I would ever go back in!  Talk about a way to get people out of a tub in a hurry!

http://13gb.com/media.php?media_id=2160

Hot Tub Forum

Disgusting, but could happen
« on: March 01, 2007, 04:52:01 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Disgusting, but could happen
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 05:00:00 pm »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 05:24:42 pm »
I have serviced commercial pools since I was young. Boy is that a long time...

Getting back to the subject at hand....

I would get calls now and then about this happening, or a little tyke leaving a brown trail from a dirty diaper, or somebody having a bit too much to drink and taking a dump in the deep end for a 'laugh.'

I would have to pretty much drop whatever I was doing, or send somebody, and we would have to clear the pool area and lock the gates.

We had to remove the material if there was any. Shock the pool or spa to around 10 ppm and hold it there overnight or as close to 24 hours as we could.

Backwash the filter once, run it overnight and then tear down and hose out the filter.

Then we could reopen the pool or spa.

In most instances, if there were lots of witnesses, we would be asked by the owners/managers to drain and refill. If it was a spa, we did it anyway so we wouldn't open it back up with the chlorine level way too high. But the fact is: we still had to sanitize the pool the same way if we drained it or not. Removing the water from a big pool takes time, and the 'stuff' can be breeding in the little bit of water which is always left behind, and in the plumbing.

Plus, it makes it to the filter before I even show up and scoot people out of the area, so draining a pool for this is just to make the people who use it feel better.

One final point - if a person is healthy and 'stuff' comes out, there is no real hazard, providing there is chlorine in the water. I don't recommend you try it just for fun. But, if the person has some sort of flu or other internal problem - as the girl in the spa video appears to have had, that can be communicated. But it is rare that it would be communicated, as it pretty much has to be ingested.

OK - you may now go puke.

BTW - this is one of the reasons I had so much trouble keeping pool cleaners on the payroll when we did mostly commercial pools. You never know what kind of crazy thing was going to happen to make your job just that much more fun.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 06:50:06 pm »
I would have to pretty much drop whatever I was doing, or send somebody, and we would have to clear the pool area and lock the gates.

We had to remove the material if there was any. Shock the pool or spa to around 10 ppm and hold it there overnight or as close to 24 hours as we could.

Backwash the filter once, run it overnight and then tear down and hose out the filter.

Then we could reopen the pool or spa.
 8-)

That happened to a friend of mine but when he finally got the pool drained he found that it was just a Baby Ruth! ;)
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 08:47:17 pm »

That happened to a friend of mine but when he finally got the pool drained he found that it was just a Baby Ruth! ;)
OK, putting aside the movie reference for a moment -

You are supposed to remove the 'matter' first. That usually rules out the possibility of it being a candy bar - or worse: fake poop. Fake dog poop - even fake human poop is available to buy, and some folks get a chuckle out of ruining a party by tossing it into the pool.

Net first, drain later.

You can always wash your net in bleach when you get done...

8-)

« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 09:52:31 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 10:13:01 pm »
That video has been posted here a few times in the past. It's a scripted clip for sure.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 09:32:12 am »
I agree with Gomboman.  After watching that video several times, something seems odd!  What is up with the poop girls top?  It looks as though it is hiding something?
I just stumbled across the video and thought it worthy of a post here.  Sorry if I'm repeating!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 09:32:12 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42