What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wake Up T-Lady we are dying to know  (Read 4794 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Wake Up T-Lady we are dying to know
« on: March 31, 2006, 07:12:55 am »
Hey T-Lady, so what do you think?  After this long exciting wait...we really need your first impression! ;D
Was the tub up to temp this morning?  Who jumped in first?  
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

Wake Up T-Lady we are dying to know
« on: March 31, 2006, 07:12:55 am »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
Re: Wake Up T-Lady we are dying to know
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 07:47:29 am »
I was up at 3 with the husky.....it was warm, but not warm ENOUGH....this thing's taking FOREVER to heat! (not really, but it's like watching a toaster) I'll be patient though...I've gotta let the chlorine gas off.....put a heavy dose in last night, per the dealer to kill any cruddies that may've hitched a ride over...
I'll let y'all know right after I soak and change into dry clothes, though! *lol* That should be.....oh.....3 weeks from next Thursday?   ;) ;D
RIP C-Rod

luvin_tubin_sqezin

• Kiss my cartoon butt!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 08:11:57 am »
Don't forget the pics.... ;D
Better than I deserve...

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 08:52:04 am »
okay.....here are a couple......
I was amazed that a) they managed to get the pickup truck AND trailer into our back yard, and
b) the tub was not only wrapped....but re-wrapped, and foamed on the corners......HS really likes foam.

The guys that brought it out are the owner of the shop and his brother, who's the tub tech...older guys that know what they're doing. I guided a couple times, just so nothing fell off the edge of the deck (THAT woulda sucked), but they did 99% of the real work....here's a shameless plug for 'em, they were GREAT

I also have to give the electrician a LOT of credit...he's not the owner, but one of the "goobers" that usually gets stuck working on hot tub hookups in the rain...this was his first hookup in NICE weather...he kept me amused for hours with his wit and humor....and tolerated my poking my nose in just to see what he was doing VERY well.

Gotta throw this in.....pre first fill

I should've asked before.....how do I shrink these to thumbnails??  ???
RIP C-Rod

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 09:20:14 am »
Congrats Tattoo!

Are you all set with dihydrogen monoxide? Did your dealer go over the benifits and risks of it?
07 Caldera Geneva

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 09:35:23 am »
Congrats Tattoo!

Are you all set with dihydrogen monoxide? Did your dealer go over the benifits and risks of it?

the whose and whatsis? Is there a topical cream for that? I got a gallon jug of muriatic acid.....also some 99% active ingredient granular chlorine, spaclear pH in/decrease and a freshwater continuous silver ion purifier.....is the freshwater stick the same as N2??
RIP C-Rod

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 09:39:04 am »
the whose and whatsis? Is there a topical cream for that? I got a gallon jug of muriatic acid.....also some 99% active ingredient granular chlorine, spaclear pH in/decrease and a freshwater continuous silver ion purifier.....is the freshwater stick the same as N2??

Improper levels of dihydrogen monoxide will ruin the tub and can also kill you.  I cannot belive your dealer didn't even mention it.

Here's a link.  http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

Yopu may want to call your dealer imediently to discuss this.
07 Caldera Geneva

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 09:49:01 am »
he had me call him to let him know when tub was up and running.....told me to add some of the MinQuest, and then later to add a couple TBSP of dichlor....then said I should call him this morning, and he'll let me know what the next step is. Sooo....it's over the phone, but at least he's making sure to guide me along.
So I'll be testing the water in a bit, and calling him with the numbers.
RIP C-Rod

luvin_tubin_sqezin

• Kiss my cartoon butt!
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 09:49:03 am »

Improper levels of dihydrogen monoxide will ruin the tub and can also kill you.  I cannot belive your dealer didn't even mention it.

Here's a link.  http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

Yopu may want to call your dealer imediently to discuss this.

Couple things:  as a newbie owner to be, I think I need a minor in chemistry to get all this stuff.  

also, it strikes me funny that we'll drink the hell out of the stuff but to soak in it, we need to add all these chemicals!!!  

Also, TL....awesome looking tub!  Congrats!  
Better than I deserve...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 10:01:39 am »

Couple things:  as a newbie owner to be, I think I need a minor in chemistry to get all this stuff.  

also, it strikes me funny that we'll drink the hell out of the stuff but to soak in it, we need to add all these chemicals!!!  

Also, TL....awesome looking tub!  Congrats!  

Most newbies are aware of  dihydrogen monoxide and it's very important. I am surprised that we really don't discuss it as much as we should.

Folks new to hot tubbing should  find out more about it.  I cannot stress that enough.
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 10:25:35 am »
That is a fine looking spa!!!  As a matter of fact, I'm getting one exactly like it in about 2 hours.  We can do the water treatment together, if you'd like. :)

Congratulations!!!!  Big time.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 10:57:56 am »
that tub looks beautiful.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2006, 11:17:46 am »
finally, good for you.  Now I bet you become the next backpains and disapear and forget all of the little people. ;)

you are gonna love it.  once you go hot tub, you never go back.

Viper_Dude

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2006, 11:38:22 am »
WoW T-Lady, gorgeous tub! And they even had ZZ-Top deliver it. Wishing you many blissful soaks.  8)

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2006, 12:44:53 pm »
thanks, everyone.....it's been a really stressful time for me, trying to make sure everything's "just right" (I know y'all can sympathize there)...so far, no soak....I'd like to know how in blazes you all get the water hot and balanced enough in under 12 hours....I was told MinQuest upon fill (DONE)...then 2 heaping TBSP dichlor granules to sanitize (DONE).....that skyrockets the chlorine to over 10ppm, which I do NOT want to soak in...my TA is high (like over 240), and I decided since it's a chlorine stew, I may as well work on lowering that....he said if I want to use the tub real soon, I could use some pH down (pH is currently 8.2), and hit it with oxy shock....seems like it'd be against everything I'm trying to do, if I were to add chemicals just to soak quicker, then have to add more chemicals anyhow...so it looks like I MIGHT be able to take the first soak tonight.....  :-/  Hubby's out of town tonight, too....
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2006, 12:44:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42