What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Spa prices  (Read 13127 times)

Salty_Ag

Sundance Spa prices
« on: March 29, 2006, 02:58:32 pm »
I just visited my local Sundance Spa dealer.  I was inquiring about the "Cameo" and also the "Majesta".
The Mejesta is priced at $7,800 with a corona discharge system (no other options), the Cameo is priced at $9,000 w/ CD (no other options).  Are these prices in line with what you are seeing in your area, or do they seem high?  My dealer is in Corpus Christi, TX.

As a question to some of the dealers on the board...
Is there any room for negotiation on pricing or are you bound by pricing from the manufacturer?  I know this question has been addressed before, but any additional info. would be greatly appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Spa prices
« on: March 29, 2006, 02:58:32 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Sundance Spa prices
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 03:02:58 pm »
These prices are lower than being charged in my area.  
When comparing, know for sure what the price inclues- like steps, startup chems., delivery, etc...  Some price it in, some don't.  One way isn't better or worse, but you need to know which to compare.

As for negotiations, that's between you and the specific dealer.  Dealers are all free to do business pretty much as the please.  Around here it varies a lot in that regard.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 03:04:21 pm by Brewman »
Brewman

gw

• sundance cameo owner
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 03:03:08 pm »
i just paid (as in delivered yesterday) $7995 for a 2005 cameo in louisville, ky.  includes cover, delivery and basic load of chemistry.

hymbaw

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 03:17:50 pm »
We sell those at $8700 & $9500, respectively. Sounds like you've been quoted good prices on great tubs!

People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 09:00:06 pm »
Come see me...I'm selling a Cameo for only $3500!

The catch is its a 1999 but it was owned by a little old lady that only sat in it after church on Sundays.... ;)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 10:07:00 pm »
Come see me...I'm selling a Cameo for only $3500!

The catch is its a 1999 but it was owned by a little old lady that only sat in it after church on Sundays.... ;)

...and she never raised the temp above 99º?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

BK

• 06 Sundance Optima
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 11:42:54 pm »
I'm about to sign a contract for an 06 Optima, with cover, lifter, step, ozone and chemicals, delivered and set up for 7650 and tax.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 08:08:42 am »
That is an extremely good price, based on what they're going for around here.

Brewman

Salty_Ag

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 09:56:03 am »
Thanks for the replies.  

My wife and I are planning to
go back and talk with the dealer this weekend.
Hopefully we'll be proud owner's in a few weeks.
;D

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 12:34:34 pm »
I'm about to sign a contract for an 06 Optima, with cover, lifter, step, ozone and chemicals, delivered and set up for 7650 and tax.

Sounds like a pretty good deal, was there much haggling involved?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

hymbaw

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 12:41:57 pm »

Where do you live?? That is an insanely low price!!
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

BK

• 06 Sundance Optima
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2006, 10:41:18 pm »
No haggling at all. He hit me at 8100 for the Presidents Day sale. Then sent a postcard for the Spring Sale. both are Sundance promotions. The spring sale deal is free stereo on 880 series. I told him I don't want the stereo, will pay cash, what is your deal. He came back at that figure.

Regarding the other post though, about making payment, he wants the money up front, then will order my color choices and deliver. That makes me nervous. very nervous. His reputation as a dealer is of short tenure but very good service. Still makes me nervous.

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2006, 11:07:35 pm »
Bull#$%^@, I'd put a deposit down but not all the money. Are you crazy?  Five hundred should be enough to order any tub from anyone.

Micah

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2006, 12:31:29 am »
Bull#$%^@, I'd put a deposit down but not all the money. Are you crazy?  Five hundred should be enough to order any tub from anyone.

I agree with galen about not needing payment in full. But I disagree with him re: $500 being enough for a deposit.  keep in mind that a deposit is the sealing of an agreement. half down should get the spa ordered and as long as you are willing to pay the ballance in the form of a cashiers check payment on the day of delivery should be ok.  If you dont feel comfortable giving that much money, then the dealer didnt earn your trust. Find a dealer you trust.

Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2006, 01:09:29 am »
I bought a 40K truck for 500 down to order it.  I bought a 23K bobcat for 500 down. Like I said before 500 is plenty down for a tub that retails for 8 thousand that the dealer wholesale is probably half that. So even if you backed out and lost a nonrefundable deposit, the dealer is sitting good. Dealers always want as much down as they can get. You can't blame them for that.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2006, 01:09:29 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42