What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Total Alkalinity Level ?  (Read 3346 times)

CapMorgan

Total Alkalinity Level ?
« on: March 31, 2006, 12:22:49 pm »
Im not sure about my total alkalinity level my Caldera owner manual says this level should be between 125 and 150, but my dealer says the level should be between 60 and 100. Which one should I use ?, right now my PH is 8.0 and my Total alkalinity  is 129 im using pro team PH lower to get my Ph down to 7.5 and my dealer said this will also lower my total alkalinity.

CapMorgan

Hot Tub Forum

Total Alkalinity Level ?
« on: March 31, 2006, 12:22:49 pm »

hymbaw

Re: Total Alkalinity Level ?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 01:16:09 pm »
Your TA is fine where it is. Bring your ph down, then re-test for TA. My guess is that you'll still be O.K.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 08:33:54 am »
Your TA is fine where it is. Bring your ph down, then re-test for TA. My guess is that you'll still be O.K.

Excellent advice.  I would only add that if you are using dichlor that it will have a very slow tendency to lower pH as well.  Also, whether using bromine or dichlor, if you shock with unbuffered MPS, it will also help lower pH as the pH of unbuffered MPS is around 3-4.....do two jobs at once and keep from having add acid to the tub.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 11:49:53 am »
Don't worry about bringing your TA down a bit with your pH.  My TA stays about 80 most all the time.  It is the low end of normal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 11:49:53 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42