What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: NSF P181 Certification  (Read 20718 times)

Anoroc

Re: NSF P181 Certification
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2006, 11:32:05 am »
Heres more of the email:

The NSF is an independent, not-for-profit organization whose purpose is to help consumers Live Safer™ everyday. The NSF recently introduced the NSF P181 certification which – for the first time ever – combines health and safety requirements for circulation, filtration, heating and sanitation of spa water along with material, design & construction, and performance requirements.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2006, 11:32:05 am »

Micah

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2006, 11:55:06 am »
Since other brands already have their filteration systems and purifacation systems (ozone) approved by N.S.F. What is left for them to approve the whole spa.  Since the N.S.F. really only cares about sanitation its not like they are looking at insulation or frames.  Sounds to me like the "marketing machine" otherwise known as hotsprings is at it again.  I bet h.s. was the first company to ever try to get the entire spa approved.
 If you want to pump up h.s. do it the real way and talk about some of the truely good features h.s. has. Let lay off the marketing ploys
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

Chris_H

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2006, 11:57:37 am »
Since other brands already have their filteration systems and purifacation systems (ozone) approved by N.S.F. What is left for them to approve the whole spa.  Since the N.S.F. really only cares about sanitation its not like they are looking at insulation or frames.  Sounds to me like the "marketing machine" otherwise known as hotsprings is at it again.  I bet h.s. was the first company to ever try to get the entire spa approved.
  If you want to pump up h.s. do it the real way and talk about some of the truely good features h.s. has. Let lay off the marketing ploys

You are just jealous.

Micah

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2006, 12:01:58 pm »
ok chris u got me...Wheres the H.S. koolaid...i'm ready to drink it

RPG

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2006, 12:05:07 pm »
Micah, I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but your website expired on March 16 so you might want to call your ISP.  Just trying to help. :)

Chaka Pakuni

Micah

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2006, 12:08:11 pm »
I changed the address, just forgot to change it here, thanks for the info

RPG

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2006, 12:09:27 pm »
I changed the address, just forgot to change it here, thanks for the info

You are welcome, my friend. :)

Chaka Pakuni

anne

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2006, 01:45:18 pm »

I have to agree with Micah. HS created this bandwagon, and probably others will jump on it, as they have no choice. Competition being what it is. Now, if you told me that there were companies that attempted this certification and failed, I'd be wary of them. But is anyone really going to tell me that this new announcement means that you feel safer in a HS than any other brand? Haven't some very knowledgeable people here already said that tub sanitation is really more about the owner's diligence and proper maintenance than about the tub?

I'm not knocking HS for getting this certification, but all it means to me is that they are actively trying to improve in public perception and keep standards high. That is GREAT. But do I suddenly have HS-envy? Not at all.
Dance like nobody's watching

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2006, 01:48:55 pm »
Yep, some lead, others follow.  It's what makes the world rotate on a slightly off-canter elipse.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2006, 02:28:26 pm »
Sorry, but this is an exciting new certifiication, and I would suggest not trying to minimize it since the various other brands will most likely be climbing on board asap. Try to downplay it today, end up selling it/buying it next year.

Hats off to Watkins for being first to receive the cert.  I agree that the vast majority of manufacturers will be certified soon as there doesn't seem to be anything earthshattering surrounding Watkins products that would set them apart from most other manufacturers who have yet to apply/receive the cert.  Watkins' executives were very astute to get on the bandwagon first but their uniqueness will not last long.  Make hay while the sun shines.......
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2006, 02:37:14 pm »
Yep, it's been shining about 20 years in a row now.  And it's not from sheer dumb luck, that's for sure. :)

Terminator

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2006, 02:37:20 pm »
Dd I miss it?  What is about HS filtration that makes it safer?
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2006, 02:39:37 pm »
Dd I miss it?  What is about HS filtration that makes it safer?

Terminator

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2006, 02:44:50 pm »

Terminator

ROFLMAO.........Term, you got me on that one! ;D
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

RPG

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2006, 02:48:30 pm »
Is that a cheese doodle and tadpoles passing through the pump? ???

Chaka Pakuni

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2006, 02:48:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42