What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Stories of Kids or neighbors breaking into ur Tub?  (Read 4034 times)

bwbski22

Stories of Kids or neighbors breaking into ur Tub?
« on: March 19, 2006, 06:51:25 pm »
Anyone one have any interesting stories to share?  did you catch them?  did they leave your tub a mess?  have you taken any steps to prevent this from happening?  Im sure there must be some good stories out there.

Brad

Hot Tub Forum

Stories of Kids or neighbors breaking into ur Tub?
« on: March 19, 2006, 06:51:25 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Stories of Kids or neighbors breaking into ur
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 10:49:10 pm »
Well, don't tell anyone, but I walked in on one of my employees and his girlfriend in the mood room spa late one night.

And a little less exciting - we have lots of customers on the coast. They tend to have trouble with surfers who get cold, as they sit there staring at a nice warm tub. It doesn't take long to figure out which houses have people in them full time and which ones are vacation or weekend homes.

And, I have been called to clean up commercial spas who had videotaped evidence of huge parties taking place in the spa - between 2:30 and 4 am. . .
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 08:50:28 am »
So far not.  But if there ever are "visitors" and I catch them, the they will be staring down the business end of my .40 S&W pistol. Or maybe a shotgun- that might make a bigger impression on them.  
EVERYONE knows what the sound of a shotgun pump being racked sounds like.  
The next day I'd be changing the water.

Brewman

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 08:52:08 am »
^5 brewman! I'd be so excited I wouldn't know which barrel to use in my SIG.....by the time I picked the .357SIG or the .40, the party'd be LONG over and I'd have to play cleanup crew.  :-[
RIP C-Rod

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 09:00:37 am »
Brewman and 'Lady, Ya'll gotta RELAX!

Hot tubs are all about meeting NEW people. If someone shows up and gets in your tub, offer them a BEER not a BULLET!

I've met some of the nicest peeople in my hot tub. BTW, there are a lot of surfers who are women and just LOVE getting in the tub after 2 HRS in cold water....

Drewski

8)
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 09:34:18 am »
I have to agree with ya Drewski.  Besides, if ya miss, what's the procedure to patch bullet holes in the tub?
If I could just chew through these restraints...

Chris_H

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 09:45:36 am »
Well, don't tell anyone, but I walked in on one of my employees and his girlfriend in the mood room spa late one night.

I bet every owner catches a male employee in the spa with a girl(s) late at night.  We should take a poll.

Chris_H

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 09:47:20 am »
I've met some of the nicest peeople in my hot tub. BTW, there are a lot of surfers who are women and just LOVE getting in the tub after 2 HRS in cold water...  

Not everyone live by the beach.

luvin_tubin_sqezin

• Kiss my cartoon butt!
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 09:51:31 am »
We're more worried about the liability end of things.  I'm buying some vinyl coated cable with loops on each end and bolting it to the deck in the back and attaching a latch to the deck on the front and adding a padlock when we're out of town.  

Better than I deserve...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 10:33:41 am »
We're more worried about the liability end of things.  I'm buying some vinyl coated cable with loops on each end and bolting it to the deck in the back and attaching a latch to the deck on the front and adding a padlock when we're out of town.  

That's wise. For best results put it through the handles and take the time/trouble to make two, one front to back and one side to side. It's what our beach customers often end up doing - they usually try to use the vinyl tie-downs first, but those are easily cut.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2006, 10:33:44 am »

So.....the tub doesn't seat 5, it seats 5 billion?  :P
I know, I gotta relax, take a deep breath, meet the neighbors.....but if someone decides my back yard is suddenly their after hours playground, we're gonna have issues...If I'm cranky, asleep and didn't invite someone over, it's called 'tresspassing' around here, and if I'm feeling generous, it's called 'having company'. I've got a 14 year old son that's managed to wreck it for everyone else by keeping me on edge the last 14 years...we just bought the house last fall, and I'm trying to de-stress some.....this SHOULD help, so long as junior doesn't try to have his grubby buddies over while we're not home...
Yep, I'm cranky.....lol.
RIP C-Rod

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2006, 11:33:06 am »

Sounds like a good candidate for 'Pic Of The Day'!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2006, 11:33:06 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42