What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Backyard Project Finally Complete! (Jacuzzi 385)  (Read 9361 times)

cappykat

Re: Backyard Project Finally Complete!
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2006, 08:43:12 am »
Duffman...like the bar addition to the hot-tub.  Didn't know you could screw somthing onto the tub.  Do you have wood siding or vinyl?

Very nice setup.  Congrats!
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2006, 08:43:12 am »

Duffman

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2006, 09:53:58 am »
Jacuzzi uses synthetic wood siding that is similar/comparable to most other manufacturers. The bar, stools, and steps are made from the same material to match and are sold as accessories to the spa.

I was a little concerned with the bar installation since the siding does not have much in the way of studs behind it. Fortunately its 3 braces and plenty of wood screws made for a solid install. Just don't ask me to stand on it. :P
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 06:16:38 pm by Duffman »

galen

• Maxxus
Re: Backyard Project Finally Complete! (Jacuzzi 38
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2006, 09:59:27 am »
Duffman, where did you pick up the robe stand?

Duffman

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2006, 10:02:09 am »
I bought it from my dealer but I understand he's not stocking them anymore. There's definitely a number of websites that sell them though.

Just google "redwood towel tree"

P.S. Great dog Galen! I bought one of those life vests for Indiana in hopes that I could teach her to swim. Unfortunately she panics in the water. Too bad since she has great paws for swimming  I really wanted her to hang out with me when I go kayaking  :-[
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 03:34:52 pm by Duffman »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2006, 10:31:53 am »
Nicely done, duffman.  If anyone wants to know whether to get a spa with a built-in stereo and/or TV, they need to see your setup....heads and shoulders above the built-in units and away from the water as well.

Now when is the party and what should I bring? 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Duffman

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2006, 06:43:41 am »
Summary of the outdoor speaker setup (re-post)...

With my trusty dremel I cut a hole in the siding and drywall to run speaker wire outside to a pair of Boston Acoustics outdoor speakers. radio shack sold me an inexpensive wall plate with banana plugs for the wires (flat speaker wire) to give the installation a clean look. A little putty on the outside was pressed around the wires to keep air/moisture out. With a few clips from the hardware store I ran the wires to the speakers such that they are hardly noticable (see the speaker photo above).    

The whole project only took a few hours and cost $300 including the speakers, wire and other accessories. What matters to me more then the cost savings is that this installation sounds great! With the receiver I can plug in my ipod and enjoy my favorite tunes. Also, I can watch TV/DVD through the window thanks to an articulating arm that allows the flat panel TV to swing towards either the hot tub or to the sauna inside the house.  

To control the sound I bought a Dolphin waterproof remote control which really works great. It controls the receiver, TV, and DVD player while sitting in the hot tub. The unit cost about $120 but that's cheap compared to the $400+ quotes I got from the hot tub dealers I called. What I did was contact the sales department at Balboa (Dolphin remote manufacturer) by phone and they referred me to a regional distributor. All they needed was the part number and I purchased it right over the phone. Received it in the mail within the next week.

http://www.balboainstruments.com

devilwoman

• Love football, hiking, biking, and photography
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2006, 05:07:34 pm »
Sweet deal.  Man, if you can't relax in your back yard, you can't relax anywhere.  Very nice!!!
Dichlor, N2, Ozone and an Artesian Dove Canyon.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2006, 05:07:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42