What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: (cheap) Hot Tub Horror Stories  (Read 24130 times)

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re:  (cheap) Hot Tub Horror Stories
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2006, 09:34:40 am »
I knew a couple of guys that did service for Gulf Coast. They were called to a spa that was less than 2 years old. The frame had collapsed, not really much anyone could do. I can't remember if that was covered or not.

Gulf Coast is made by HydroSpa. Hydrospa also makes the "Elite" from Costco.

BTW, Hydrospa was forced to stop branding those tubs as "Elite" as that brand name was already held by MAAX spas. They have been clearing them out at an extra discount.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2006, 09:34:40 am »

richny

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2006, 01:26:42 pm »
 richny
which model did you buy?....... and why post it under this heading? Does it have a horror story attached?

Just giving you another perspective. You want horror stories to convince your wife to up-buy away from what you consider "cheap" stuff. All I am saying is that I am very happy spending thousands less...and still sit in "hot bubbly" water.

I bought a unit off e-bay, called serenity spa...and the only issue was a bad pump that was replaced....other than that all seems to be good.  

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2006, 10:40:51 am »

Just giving you another perspective. You want horror stories to convince your wife to up-buy away from what you consider "cheap" stuff. All I am saying is that I am very happy spending thousands less...and still sit in "hot bubbly" water.

I bought a unit off e-bay, called serenity spa...and the only issue was a bad pump that was replaced....other than that all seems to be good.  

Rich,

One o f the biggest thing that turned me away from the lower priced tub was the apparent lack of proper insulation.  

how is your tub insualted? are you in a cold climate and what have you seen for operating costs and use?

:)
07 Caldera Geneva

richny

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2006, 08:19:35 pm »
It's a partial foam unit that is wrapped inside with a reflective insulation. I live in a pretty cold area and have seen a $25 - 35/month jump in electric for the very cold months. It maintains its temp very nice and so far, so good.

Hey..what I am doing writing this message...I supposed to be in the tub right now with the kids...take care ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2006, 08:19:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42