What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How much tilt...  (Read 9474 times)

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
Re: How much tilt...
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2006, 01:31:29 pm »
Realistically how difficult is it for someone to move an empty spa if I put it in and then decide I will have to fix it.

It will be sitting on a poured concrete pad. Not smooth cement but grainy concrete like a typical sidewalk. There is more than enough room to slide the tub to another part of the pad if 2, 3 or 4 people can do this safely. But picking it up and putting it on the new surface, whatever it turns out to be, may be a lot tougher. Dry weight is 800 lbs! Seems like it might take more than 4 to lift and place on a new platform even if it is only a couple of inches high.

And the last thing I want to do is mess the tub up!
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2006, 01:31:29 pm »

nicker

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2006, 07:01:48 pm »
as long as you have enough people it would be easy.  I am like spatech, somthing is out and I see it...it drives me nuts.  After my spa was installed it didn't line up with the deck boards.  So last summer during a drain I wanted to move it a little to make it line up the wife thought I was nuts to do all that just to move it about 3/4 of an inch.  Maybe I am nuts but it was driving me nuts that it wasn't lined up.  WOW what a surprise at how heavy they really are.  I have  a FF tub its about 7 ft x 7ft.  It was hell.  I think it weighs about 700lbs.  Which really isn't much but when its that big it sure seems like it.  When I got it back in place I wanted it filled and at 101 to sooth my aching back!!!!!!!!!!

Just have lots of guys there and its no problem.  Just keep in mind your electrical will be hooked up and need to be disconnected and also make sure that you will still be able to reconnect it once its moved.  IE, have enough wire still to reach the tubs electrical hook connections.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2006, 09:07:54 am »
...  I am like spatech, somthing is out and I see it...it drives me nuts.  After my spa was installed it didn't line up with the deck boards.  So last summer during a drain I wanted to move it a little to make it line up the wife thought I was nuts to do all that just to move it about 3/4 of an inch.  Maybe I am nuts but it was driving me nuts that it wasn't lined up....

Mr. Monk buys a Hot Tub   ;D  ;D
07 Caldera Geneva

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2006, 11:59:34 am »
Talked to the dealer. While the slope isn't likely to affect the spa (as folks noted here) he suggested I try the following if I want it to be level (which I do! :D ). Make a form with 2x4s slightly larger than the base, cover that with a black plastic sheet and fill with self leveling concrete. When it dries you can take down the form, wrap the plastic over the top and put the tub on top, effectively making the pad look like an extansion of the black plastic base of the tub.

Then if you ever wanted to move the tub or get rid of it (can't imagine that but you never know) or perhaps future buyers don't want it then you can just pull up the plastic and the concrete, in theory, would come with it!

Hopefully it won't break apart over time but I think I am going to give this a try!

Oh, and the tub arrives at the dealer today!  :)
But I can't put it in until the work is done...  :(
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2006, 11:59:34 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42