What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hot tub to buy for the northern cabin  (Read 4363 times)

pikergal

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
hot tub to buy for the northern cabin
« on: February 17, 2006, 05:59:09 pm »
HI Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone could help me with what hot tub to buy for a northern saskatchewan climate to put at our cabin.  We are only able to be there every two weeks for a week and was wondering if anyone thought this would be a problem.  Thanks a bunch for this. Our local plumber sells artic and coyote tubs so was wondering if this would be the way to go.
thanks....and those that answer can have a free invite to the lake to sit in the hot tub this spring haha

Hot Tub Forum

hot tub to buy for the northern cabin
« on: February 17, 2006, 05:59:09 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: hot tub to buy for the northern cabin
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 06:06:37 pm »
Our local plumber sells artic and coyote tubs so was wondering if this would be the way to go.
thanks....and those that answer can have a free invite to the lake to sit in the hot tub this spring haha

Go with whomever you feel strongest that they'll be there when needed. If you're only there part time you want to be sure you know who to call when you have an issues and if you actually know the plumber then it's that much better.

Go ahead and PM me the address at the lake. My wife and I would prefer a time around late May.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 07:11:56 pm »
If you have any questions reguarding Arctic or Coyote Spas feel free to ask me anything.  I've been selling then for over 7 years now.

Michael

jnsjr58

• Do like the smart piggy... build it with brick!!
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 07:21:12 pm »
excuse me for butting in Guru......... but if you don't mind...... The Arctic Cub Ultra is on my finalist list. what ever insight you can give me on this would help
( the dealers or at least sales persons knowledge seems to be limited) also I HATE the real redwood siding...... I don't want to have to stain anything....EVER!!!....... Other that that they are my closest dealer of all the finalist, the Sundance dealer being 40 miles away.......your thoughts please.........thanks, Jim

pikergal

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 09:13:22 pm »
i want to thank all of you that have replied...this is going to be some hot tub party haha - loonies enjoying the loons :) :)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 11:15:06 pm »
Jns,

I dont sell arctic or claim to be an expert.  I consider myself a knowledgeable buyer who spent over a year deciding.

If the cedar is not you choice then you will not need to worry.  Arctic also offers an aluminum skirt which looks nice, however, the new 2006 models are coming out with a new synthetic skirt.  This may be up your alley.  It is suppose to look real nice.

But in all honesty, the cedar hold up really nice and only takes about an hour of your time once a year to stain and keep looking nice.

As for the cub

it is a great tub, it is just over 7x7 and 34 and 1/4" deep.  The tub comes with great options arctic jets are amongst the best in the market.  If I were buying, I would go with atleast the signature model.  I would stay away from the air therapy, I think that it is a waste.  I would also stay away from the sound system, I think it is to much money.

A friend of mine has the cub and absoluetly loves it.  He has not had any problems with it.  The only thing that I did not like about it, was that the tub is not as deep as I would like.  Thats why I went with the tundra.  

However, the signature comes with 28 jets that will blow you out of the water and great seating.  The seating is the best of all worlds.  You get a great lounger, one deep captins therapy seat and an open seating bench area.  Whats better than that.  

Great tub, filtration is simple and easy to maintain.  Signature comes with ozone and two pumps.

Good luck hope this helps you.  Have you had a chance to wet test it yet?  If you need anymore info give me a shout.

pikergal

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 11:30:29 pm »
ok i was wondering how important is a lounger to you? i was thinking that i would mostly have either just us two in it or another couple.....does the lounger hinder the seating arrangement? thanks

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2006, 11:37:58 pm »
In my opinion, I think that a lounger is ok but I find it very difficult to relax in one.  I just cant seem to stay in it when the jets are on.  I would think that the lounger would be a pain when attempting to entertain.

I am not sure about your budget, however, maybe take a look at the yukon.  It is a great tub, same demensions as the cub however, no lounger.  Still stick with the signature with 28 jets and two pumps.  This is the best configurement, in my opinion.

I would also say that you should stick with bromine due to the fact that you will be leaving it over two weeks.  With bromine, you can shock it heavily before leaving and fill up your bromine dispenser and let it go until you get home.  This way you will always have a chlorine level in your tub.  I would think that dichlor would not assist you with your situation.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2006, 06:01:04 am »
Considering how often you are there and all other factors regarding a cabin I would steer clear of the portable type hot tub. If your at your cabin for a week you have time to fill and heat a wood or gas heated round redwood tub. And then drain it when you leave. It fits more with a cabin. But if your dead set on a portable model make sure someone is stopping in when it gets cold to make sure it is still running. This should be done everyother day or so. because it won't take long to freeze if there is a problem and if no one knows about it for a couple weeks it will be way to late.

You said you were in Northern Saskatewan. I would seriously consider going a different route.
Retired

pikergal

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2006, 08:48:27 pm »
Hi just to let everyone know that we bought a used artic spa - husky - its 2 years old - never been outside - in great shape for 5800 and considering a new one is 9700 we went with the used one.  Going to install it indoors (new addition seperate room)  Sure enjoying all the posts that people have put on here.  Its a lot of help to us newbies.  Our neighbours have told us not to worry about it freezing they will all take turns checking on the tub for us while we are away haha...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2006, 04:28:01 pm »
Hi just to let everyone know that we bought a used artic spa - husky - its 2 years old - never been outside - in great shape for 5800 and considering a new one is 9700 we went with the used one.  Going to install it indoors (new addition seperate room)  Sure enjoying all the posts that people have put on here.  Its a lot of help to us newbies.  Our neighbours have told us not to worry about it freezing they will all take turns checking on the tub for us while we are away haha...

Congrats, I'm still waiting for the invite though.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

SurgTec

• Up to my neck in hot water!
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2006, 04:53:48 pm »
Northern Saskatchewan - hmmm - that would definitely be a change from Florida's heat and humidity round about July.... so if this is an open invite.... you may have more company than you can handle!    ;D

Shorty67

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2019, 12:02:17 am »
If you have any questions reguarding Arctic or Coyote Spas feel free to ask me anything.  I've been selling then for over 7 years now.

Michael
you still around Michael??

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2019, 12:02:17 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42